Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bossyvossy

Does your pet watch TV?

bossyvossy
5 years ago

I swear my toy poodle does. And when he hears barking on TV, he starts barking too. How about your pet?

Comments (22)

• Ninapearl
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

eden sits in front of me every single night. i'm not sure if she's watching the t.v. (which i can never see!) or if she's just looking for attention...as if she doesn't get enough! LOL

my danes pretty much ignore barking dogs on the t.v. but let a door bell ring and all bets are off!

• bossyvossy
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I grew up with Dobermans and Great Danes, the gentlest giants. Adored them dogs.

• cooper8828
    5 years ago

My cats love funny cat videos on Youtube. One cat is hooked on Midsomer Murders. Sometimes I turn it on the bedroom for him and he gets in bed and watches alone.

• biondanonima (Zone 7a Hudson Valley)
    5 years ago

Not usually, but during the Winter Olympics one of my cats got obsessed with figure skaters, especially while they were spinning. She would just sit there mesmerized.

• mamapinky0
    5 years ago

My girl occasionally looks up at the tv. I've recently been watching a tv show (I don't usually watch tv) and Lil must be jealous as she gets up in my face hugging me and blocking my view. She will stay that way for the entire 30 minute show. Tv is always on for others here and if Lil hears a cat or dog she goes nuts jumping and barking. The baby Rosy hasn't shown any interest in the tv.

• gl0ssy (Ontario zone 5b)
    5 years ago

Both of mine watch t.v as well. They seem really fascinated with baseball

• Debbie Downer
    5 years ago

I used to show my cat bird videos on Youtube - but soon realized the poor guy was getting incredibly frustrated. He bat the screen like crazy and go behind it to try to find them before walking away in frustration, tail lashing. No fun for him - or me!

• eccentric
    5 years ago

Definitely. He can also use the remote (okay while he is brilliant he is unable to pick a channel but turn on the remote - no problem). He only barks if the bark is "real" as opposed to a fake bark. Fortunately he is able to tell the difference because he is a barker (as are all of his breed).

• bossyvossy
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I don’t want to brag too much about my Einstein mini schnauzer but that dog has figured out that if he places his paw a certain way along the car door elbow rest, he can open the window. He loves sticking his head out and feeling the wind against his face. I doubt he understands what a button is, but he definitely knows that pawing Door will eventually lead to window sliding downwards. Such a smart boy.

• eccentric
    5 years ago

bossyvossy - it is nice having a very smart pup. But I remember having a very loving pup who was not the brightest bulb. But sometimes not being brilliant is good! We have had 2 super geniuses who prepared us for our current dog who is pretty darned smart. It is amazing how they will watch you and next thing you know they are opening and closing things that you think they will never be able to. Our guy was about to open the small fridge at the ophthalmologist's office a couple of weeks ago - the vet tech was out of the room and there weren't any more treats on the floor. I stopped him.

• lisa_fla
    5 years ago

Mitzi watches TV quite a bit. She runs to the TV when she sees birds. She also loves the police dogs on Live PD.

• AnnKH
    5 years ago

My dog is only interested in TV if there are dogs on the screen. He once watched "Lassie Come Home" for 30 minutes! When Lassie was trying to jump over a fence, my dog barked encouragement. When Lassie got in a fight with another dog, my dog growled. He only stopped watching when DH started making supper, and the dog needed to supervise.

• arkansas girl
    5 years ago

My dog has no interest in the TV whatsoever. I have never had a dog that has paid any attention to the TV.

• User
    5 years ago

Yes and of course her favorite show is the Dog Whisperer! LOL

• Rachel Campbell
    5 years ago

Mine does. He can sit and watch an entire two hour movie if I'd let him. He really enjoys LivePD and the K9's, lol!

• murraysmom Zone 6a OH
    5 years ago

Carmelita watched TV only once. It was the Westminster Dog Show, of course! LOL

• Casey Brady
    5 years ago

depend on the TV show, heavy drama or any fiction won't do anything to her, NatGeo Wild? Yep that's the most favorites ones

• ncrealestateguy
    5 years ago

My sister owns and runs her own dog kennel. Three of the 15 kennels / runs have a TV. For an extra fee, she turns it on for a pre determined amount of time for the dogs. I did not believe her when she was building it, that people wanted this... I was wrong!

• Debbie Downer
    5 years ago

Anything with running animals or chirping is a hit around here!

• ScoutsMoM
    5 years ago

Haha! Every once in a while my dogs will watch it. It's not sustained, more like something catches their eye and they pay attention for a bit 'till the doggy ADD kicks in.

• pricklypearcactus
    5 years ago

My previous dog had zero interest in watching TV. My current dog will sometimes watch TV and she gets upset and starts barking if she sees any dog on TV (and sometimes other animals like cats). She loves to watch nature scenes and horses (and doesn't bark at them).