Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lynh12

Coffee Table Ideas Please!

lynh12
5 years ago

I would like some advice on coffee table options. I really like round but I am not sure of the element (wood, glass, metal) as most of these already exist in the space. I would like something appropriate for the size of the area, the rug is 9x12. Thank you for your help!

Comments (467)

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    5 years ago

The last one you posted Still has a more cool backdrop with some gray and green...more royal blue not deep navy...

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    5 years ago

Hope this helps!

• lynh12
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    It does thank you! Went with the modern landscape!
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    5 years ago

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed! Hope it works out perfect for you:) your room will look really beautiful for Christmas!

• lynh12
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    It was delayed to the day after Christmas but I love it!! I think having the frame was key!!
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    5 years ago

Wonderful! The frame looks so beautiful..really gives it a high end style! Pulls the warmth from your woven blinds and floors.:) Merry Christmas!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago

I think you need one more touch of that gold in the picture in perhaps a pillow on the sofa to tie that color in a bit more. Glad you are happy and the framing is a big plus!

• lynh12
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    I agree about the gold element! I tried yellow and it doesn’t seem to work to me. I think maybe I will get a gold coffee table. Unless that is too much gold! I like these ones because of the oval shape. 46 long by 22 wide so a little narrow but will allow easy pass through around it?
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    No yellow doesn’t work. The oval table would work. If you keep the art, i think you need to rework the sofa pillows a bit. Might incorporate some animal prints if that doesn’t offend you. Doesn’t have to be real but faux could work. I think i would take all the pillows off and get a couple with the golds/wheat color from the art and start with getting the gold tied in. You don’t need every color in your room so less is more to keep the art the star.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    How about posting a photo with no pillows on the sofa and we can experiment with mock ups.
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    5 years ago

I don’t think 46” coffee table is long enough for that large sofa....don’t want to repeat doing to small of a coffee table...can you give me the measurements of space between sofa and chairs Again?;)And length of sofa again? Thanks!:)

my opinion...to many pillow colors on the sofa....

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    5 years ago

More textured neutrals are needed....

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    5 years ago

I would mix neutral....golden brown and the teal together on the sofa..

• lynh12
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Here’s a picture without pillows
  • lynh12
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    The couch is 8 feet long
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    5 years ago

What is the distance between sofa and chairs?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    5 years ago

Your table length should be between 58-64” no smaller than 58” rule is 2/3 the lenght of sofa...64”

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

That gold oval table will be way to small:(

• lynh12
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Pillows?
  • lynh12
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Do you mind giving me the sources for the pillows in your picture? Thank you!!
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    5 years ago

Gosh both are really nice..worth a try...any suede animal pelt in neutral?

• PRO
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    5 years ago

I found some coffee tables for you to look at...just go on my account page and go into ideabooks..it will be under yourthread name...

• lynh12
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Yay thank you!!
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    Kind of funny we are back to your original dilemma coffee table! A large square might work well. We talked about this a while back. What is distance again between sofa and chairs?
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    5 years ago

Do you have your small cubes..are they 18” would work great along side of a rectangle table....can be used with your chairs or in front of fireplace..I have mine along side my coffee table and use them all the time..we love them..

yes we need the measurement/distance between sofa and chairs..I think we did this and that is why you purchased the 36” round table but could be recalling it wrong??

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    These might help.
  • lynh12
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    What do you guys think about these chairs for the dining room? They are black. I have a walnut base table with glass top they might go with.
  • PRO
    Home Interiors With Ease
    5 years ago
    pretty upholstery...I dont see why not..black abs gold :)
  • lynh12
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    I picked up the chairs tonight! I really like them in the room! Thanks Julie!
  • lynh12
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Finally think I found the coffee table that fits the space. Rattan to warm up the room a little and I like it better as a natural element. It is 49 inches long and 25 wide. I think it will be ok though not as wide as I would have liked as I have another small wood table for the pair of chairs across from the couch!
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    5 years ago

To small!!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    5 years ago

Could you give me the area measurements again...front of sofa to front of chairs? And length of sofa?

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    5 years ago

Looks very low what is the height?

• lynh12
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Welp! Space between couch and chairs is 70 inches. Height of table is 16.5.

Well at least I found a material that I like! ;)
  • wmsimons85
    5 years ago

Your rug is so beautiful, I think a large rectangular coffee table would be so pretty.

• Angela Rodriguez
    5 years ago

I'd add in a contemporary style coffee table!

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    5 years ago

You need a coffee table around 36”-38” wide...

• lynh12
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    What about something like this? I’m not finding a ton of rectangular tables that are that wide, but a lot of squares. This is 42 inches around
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    You could do two tables since you have the space or longer nesting tables.
  • PRO
  • PRO
  • PRO
  • The W house
    5 years ago

You mentioned you like rattan??.... IKEA has one that might work. You could do 2 for right proportions.

• lynh12
    Original Author
    5 years ago

ooh that is really cute!

• lynh12
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    What a journey! So happy to be done with this room finally and for all that I learned in the process. Thank you everyone for your help! Have a great Easter weekend!
  • wmsimons85
    5 years ago

I love it. Looks fantastic!

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    5 years ago

Wow that is stunning now. Love that bronze accent in the room.

• lynh12
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Wow that light fixture is stunning! I would have to save up though! ;)