Your shopping cart is empty.

Remodel guest bathroom

Kenneth Gittins
November 18, 2018

We are installing a new tiled shower, a pedestal wash basin and an elongated w.c.

The shower will have a frameless glass sliding door 48" (nom) possibly MAAX model.

The rough opening for the shower is 48" X 32". The bathroom floor will have ceramic

tiles. The room will have a ceiling light fixture plus lights on either side of the medicine

cabinet above the pedestal wash basin. The room has no windows. The room dimensions

are 10'-6" X 5'-0" with an 8'-0" ceiling.

Comments (5)

• pattyl11

It seems like you have enough space to use a vanity instead of a pedestal sink. The vanity will provide storage for things like extra TP and extra towels for your guests to use. You can use a floating vanity for the illusion of extra space if you wanted to.

Kenneth Gittins thanked pattyl11
  • Cheryl Smith
    Pedestal sinks should only be used in small hall baths. Even a guest bath needs storage and counter space. Get the largest vanity that will fit in the room with a single center sink.
  • fnmroberts

Our Guest bathroom measures 5 x 8. We updated it several years ago without altering any of the plumbing. Nicely accommodates a 32" vanity. We opted to retain the tub/shower because it was easier to bathe grandchildren that in the garden tub of the master bath.

Best features to us are the large medicine cabinet which is filled with items guest might need and the train rack so everyone can find a towel. Have since upgraded the WC to elongated.

http://s1277.photobucket.com/user/treeshouse/library/Main%20-%20Guest%20Bathroom?sort=6&page=1

Kenneth Gittins thanked fnmroberts
  • suzanne_m

I can't see where your question is.

Kenneth Gittins thanked suzanne_m
  • Kenneth Gittins

Suzananne

We are using a pedestal that has been given to us by my daughter & husband. It comes with Moen faucet in brushed nickel & a large medicine cabinet. My wife loves the pedestal so no vanity. Opposite the wc we plan to have built in shelving for towels etc. I'll post some photos when the tiling is finished.

Need help with an existing Houzz order? Call 1-800-368-4268 (Mon-Sun).