Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

December, 2018 Quilting/Sewing Goals

It's countdown time. I'm satisfied with where I'm at so there's no stress here. But, I would like to get at least one more UFO completed this month. And, the 6 BOMs that I'm behind. I did pretty good (for me) last month, so hopefully it will continue. I'm even thinking about making some cookies. :-)

Is your list made? Are you checking it twice? lol

Comments (6)

• nannykins
    5 years ago

I was making place mats for some friends but got sidetracked on the last set. Hope to get back on that set this week. I did do some baking this past week, pies and tarts and some easy cookies. We don't do a lot of shopping for gifts for the adults, just for the two little ones. So I must get going on that.

Theresa

• msmeow
    5 years ago

I am in the home stretch on the memorial quilt. Today I’m loading it back on the frame to finish quilting the borders. Maybe I’ll even get the binding made and sewn on!

I haven’t decided what to do next. I may sew some clothes, or take a break from sewing and work on my large cross stitch. I was working on it at the beginning of 2018 and thought I might finish it this year. Ha! Maybe in 2019.

Donna

• fran1523
    5 years ago

I'm trying to finish up some ufo's before the end of the month so when I go to Florida for the winter I can work on new projects. Two baby quilts from the same fabric are going out to he long armer because I just don't have time to get to them. I just finished quilting a purple and white jelly roll quilt and that's ready for a new home at Linus Project or some other charity. Then there is a scrappy dresden plate quilt that needs basting and quilting and a more artsy dresden plate that may end up going to Florida with me for completion. In the middle of all this my machine had a major temper tantrum. I was fortunate to get a repair man who made house calls, came within 24 hours and only charged $125. Then I have to decide which fabrics and patterns I want to pack in my car to ship to FL on December 27. That requires a lot of major decision making.

• bev2009
    5 years ago

I just finished DD's two table toppers. I have two more with the glue drying from sandwiching I'll use for white elephant gifts. I have an apron to make for another DD for Christmas. I think I'll make a couple of toddler quilts. I'm thinking about 36" x 52". They are both 2 now, but I gave them clothes for the shower gifts 2 years ago since I didn't get a quilt made. I've felt guilty ever since. They both may be coming for our family Christmas on Jan 6, so I'll have plenty of time. Oh, and I want to make another runner for a friend. Glad our Christmas isn't until January. LOL

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I got sidetracked into making a top for a family who lost everything in the CA fire....needs to be done and sent in one week...red/gray and white. The pieces for the UFO backing are together, now I just need to split the backing fabric and sew it in!