Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hooville

SW Dover White walls with SW Alabaster trim?

hooville
4 years ago

New build. Looking to do SW Dover White walls with SW Alabaster trim. Thoughts? Anyone do this and have photos? Whites are so hard. Locked in on the trim, as the kitchen cabinets will be Alabaster.

Also, anyone do Alabaster for both? Paint choices do this week! HELP!

Comments (10)

• PRO
    Sina Sadeddin Architectural Design
    4 years ago

You should get samples of both and hold them up against one another in the space they'll be in. The light in the home will impact how they look.

Mixing whites can be challenging though. To make it easy just use the same white for the trim and walls, but change the sheen.

• chloebud
    4 years ago

I would choose one and do different sheens as Sina mentioned. I've seen Alabaster used using different sheens. Looked really nice.

• lynartist
    4 years ago

Goodness, just do the same color in different sheens! Why chance one looking a bit off or “ dirty” compared to the other. There’s not enough difference between the two really!

• hooville
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thanks all, Alabaster in 2 sheens it is!

• Anna
    4 years ago

Hi hooville would you tell us how your alabaster in 2 sheen cane out.
    I am in the same situation . New built need to decide paint. Thanks

• HU-161159613
    4 years ago

follow

• RHM
    3 years ago

Lori A. Sawaya, would this combination of Dover White and Alabaster work if it's reversed and the cabinets are Dover White and walls/trim Alabaster? What would you recommend in that instance?

• PRO
    Lori A. Sawaya
    3 years ago

First you need clarity on product - what's being used where and what sheen.

Then you need samples in each product that will be used on cabinets, walls and trim.

These two colors are so similar, that a difference in product is going to matter more than usual.

In other words, you can't judge or anticipate results - in this instance - based on color data values derived from paint color chips.

Decided on cabinet color first and let that inform trim and wall color. Because you have the most limited choice with cabinet color.

• RHM
    3 years ago

Yes Lori, I agree w/ you! I am very limited with DW being the cabinet color and Alabaster being my trim. I unfortunately can't change the cabinets any time soon. The walls now are SW Accessible Beige but it's too dark and muddy. We don't get any natural light in this kitchen so we use lots of lights all through out the home. Very dark house. I was thinking of trying Alabaster for walls and trim. Or Dover White on kitchen walls and Alabaster everywhere else.

Do you prefer eggshell or flat on walls?