Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_953760358

color match help

5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello! Is there a color out there that would closely match the cabinet color in this picture? The post listed it as Sherwin Williams Pewter Green, but the color is much darker/greener than in the photo (I'm guessing because of editing/lightening of the photos?) and not what I'm looking for. I know there will always be differences between what you see on the screen and what a color looks like in person, but I would love to know if there are any paint colors that are similar to how it looks in the photo. Thank you so much!

Comments (23)

• PRO
    5 years ago

Here are two colors I pulled from your photo.

I put it through the Sherwin Williams Chip It app and this is what came out Not a very good match.

H

• 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I think you would find a very close match in Benjamin Moore's Historical Colors collection, or the Williamsburg collection. Depending on your monitor vs. what someone else sees, the color may be more blue or more green. (Possibly HC-133 Yorktowne Green.)

Unfortunately, you have to go to a BM dealer, as their online ColorFinder is just about the most frustrating color tool anyone could imagine!

• 5 years ago

Farrow & Ball Oval Room Blue (No. 85) or Card Room Green (No. 79) are pretty close as well.

• 5 years ago

• 5 years ago

Rocky River matches some of the lighter areas:

• PRO
    5 years ago

Underseas SW 6214. That strip, #218, has some of the prettiest colors in the whole SW collection.

• PRO
    5 years ago

Lori, I love the info you have - I am grabbing my SW fan NOW! I am LOVING the all the gorgeous greens!!!

• PRO
    4 years ago

I think I've located the exact color from the source! Benjamin Moore Paint. Mind you it doesn't look that way from the chip, but she said it's either Steamed Spinach 643 (top) or Garden Cucumber 644. (bottom)

• 3 years ago

That green in your photo is actually SW pewter green.

• 3 years ago

Yes on Instagram they stated SW Pewter Green

• 3 years ago

Hello, I'm having the exact same problem with SW pewter green. Did you ever find a complimentary color to look like Emily Henderson's kitchen. This has been plaguing me for months. Ty in advance, C

Ashley Kucowski thanked Celeste Hofer Duckworth
  • 3 years ago

Ashley - that green with the wood -----> Swoon! Beautiful!

Ashley Kucowski thanked Jessica
  • 3 years ago

@Ashley Kucowski Hi, may I ask what the off-white wall paint color is?

• 3 years ago

@Lisel Wu the wall color is Benjamin Moore's Pale Oak. We have it throughout our home and we love it!

• 2 years ago

That is very pretty. I had just been looking at that same kitchen and it definitely doesn’t seem to be the color the description states. I’ve been planning on using Farrow & Ball Card Room Green which I think is pretty close

• 2 years ago

Farrow and ball green smoke is similar

• 2 years ago

I recently re-did my kitchen like this and also found that the Pewter Green is much darker than the photo shown by Emily Henderson. The shade lighter on the Sherwin Williams card (Retreat) was too light so I went to the Sherwin Williams store and they suggested taking the white out of Retreat. It turned out to be perfect!

• last year

Do you have a picture of your kitchen? I am curious to see what that custom color looks like!

• last year

And do you have a photo of the recipe?

• PRO
    last year

3 year old post!

• last year

Edit to Jane who posted last month- re altered paint recipe. Do you have photos/recipe? Many thanks!!

• last year

Try rocky river! or rockwood sash green.

there is also a color called succulent that is only offered in the pro line. but they can color match it at sherwin williams.