christopher_stuart6162055

What Should I Do With These Rooms?

Christopher Stuart

My wife and I are at a bit of a loss. We have a 3500 sq ft house that is becoming over run with our kids stuff. We have several rooms where there is no defined space and it’s mostly a free for all —our kids just dump toys or whatever where they want.

The first image below is our so called “playroom” and it’s a beautiful room with raised ceilings and wood beams. But my kids have failed at keeping it organized despite our efforts to create organized bins.

Wife and I have debated just turning the room into a workout room since the kids don’t even really use the room all that much. They like art a lot and legos so we also have considered making it more of a defined art room, although I feel it probably is more worthy of a living area.

You can also see in our kitchen that there are just toys and stuff everywhere. It’s amazing that with such a large house that stuff just gets tossed into every room.

Then you can see our living room which I personally got more organized over the last year.

And then our piano room. I bought the piano when kids were really young hoping they might play. Unfortunately no one has really shown interest although my 5 year old daughter does occasionally and my wife wants to keep it in hopes that she wants to play. Whatever the case it’s a total mess.

Can someone help me out, giving me some direction and ideas on how to best think about organization and definition or our rooms? I’m overwhelmed!

Loudoun County Custom Design-Build Firm | Best of Houzz 2015-2017