Software
Houzz Logo Print
jillcfeil

Color of this floor

6 years ago
We are considering purchasing an Enhanced White Oak floor for our home. I am curious to know if this photo series shows the Tundra color? If not, will you please let me know the color of the flooring that is used here? Many thanks!
Enhanced Natural White Oak · More Info

Comments (12)

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    Hello this is actually our White Oak Natural, Tundra is a slightly darker floor option.

  • 6 years ago

    @jillcfeil, I installed the Superior Hardwood White Oak Natural in my house and in my home lighting, it does not look like the color in that picture. I could see why you'd be confused.

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Thank you, B Merrit. This is what I suspected! I have looked at the entire Superior Enhanced product line and I suspect this photo shows Tundra (the other white oak products are either very whitewashed or dark). I have both of the sample boards at home and this photo does not look like Natural. To be fair, while lighting and decor can make products look very different, I do not think this photo is accurately labeled. It is so challenging to choose floors when the photos and product names/colors do not line up! I greatly appreciate your input. Very helpful!

  • 6 years ago

    Oh boy, as soon as I commented, I realized that I do not think I have the "enhanced" line. I installed the 4 inch natural white oak 3/4 solid plank. It does not look like the picture above at all. It is warmer. The pic above looks cooler to me. Sorry, but hope this helps.

  • 6 years ago

    @B Merrit, are your floors, smooth or wire scraped?

  • 6 years ago

    @jillcfiel, what flooring did you end up going with? Trying to decide myself. Thank you

  • 6 years ago

    @ Kristen Beaulieu

    Three weeks ago, we had the Enhanced White Oak in the TUNDRA color (Hand scraped) installed. It is beautiful. It has character and could look modern or rustic depending on the furnishings and decor used. Once we have our baseboards completed, I will post photos. Stay tuned!

  • 6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    @jillcfeil, thank you so much for your feedback. Would you say your floors resemble the color in the pictures posted? I realize Superior claims the picture to be Natural, but I agree, it doesn’t look like the Natural sample I have, although I feel like the Tundra sample is much darker. Trying to decide between hand scraped Natural White Oak or Hand Scraped Tundra... I agree that its difficult choosing...thanks again for your help! Basically curious

  • 6 years ago

    Kristen,

    I empathize with how difficult it is to choose! The Tundra in our home appears a little darker than what is shown in this photo. Tundra appears to be a 'burnt toffee' looking color - a night, it can look dark, and when the sun is coming in, it is very warm and in the medium tone family. I still maintain that this photo (above) is very misleading. IF it is truly the Natural White Oak, it certainly is about 4 shades darker than the Natural White Oak samples we saw and also the sections we saw in the showroom. Tundra appears a little darker than this photo, but lighting is tricky! I will post photos as soon as our painting is completed.

    Best,

    Jill

  • 6 years ago

    Thanks, Jill! So happy you love your floors. Look forward to seeing pics when all is done. Thanks again!

  • 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

    @jillcfeil, I read your comments about having installed Tundra. Do you any pictures you could share? I am trying to decide if I want to use this product and colour.

    Thanks!

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio