Software
Houzz Logo Print
lrsak

Pilea Peperomioides has red stems?

6 years ago

Hi Houzz Community!


You all are so knowledgeable about house plants and growing plants that I’m in need of some help from the pros. I recently bought this Pilea Peperomioides online and it was doing well when I received it (no drooping, sturdy leaves, lush and green). However, once I put it in my west facing window (where I have all my plants in my darkish apartment), the stems started to turn red (see picture below)! I was trying to look online to see if this is a sign of malnutrition, natural, or overwatering, however couldn’t find anything.


What am I doing wrong? Or is this it’s natural way of growing? Its such an adorable, beautiful plant that I REALLY don’t want it to die! Any advice is welcome! Thank you!!


Some Info:

-I’ve had it about 2 weeks now.

-Kept in the original plastic pot (Not repotted).

-In a 2” plastic pot, with a ceramic cache pot.

-Watered every 2-3 days (due to its small pot size).

-Soil is dry before watering.

-On a West-facing windowsill.