Software
Houzz Logo Print
lisagiacomi

Does this lamp work in this room?

6 years ago

Does this lamp work in this room and is it in the right spot? I thought I would put a plant in the table that’s next to the tv cabinet But not sure if the lamp should go there instead...




Comments (13)

  • 6 years ago

    I like the lamp a lot and think it goes very well :)

    lisa gee thanked FairIvoryHills
  • 6 years ago

    You maybe want to try switching the plant to another corner and see how you like the lamp where the plant is tho

    lisa gee thanked FairIvoryHills
  • 6 years ago

    It’s late. 😁 I’ll try the lamp over there tomorrow and post that picture. Thank you for your help!

  • 6 years ago

    Lamp looks good.

  • 6 years ago

    The lamp looks nice, but I would remove the table that's next to the TV. It looks quite cramped in that corner.

    lisa gee thanked User
  • 6 years ago

    yes, I moved a table ov that was moved from somewhere else. So you think nothing in that corner or something else?

  • 6 years ago

    Hmm.. I think I am confused. You wanted me to try the lamp in the corner where the tree is now or the corner next to the tv where I said I wanted to put a plant? My tree does not look good in the corner by the tv. Already tried it there. It’s too wide. Needs a big space. Where it is is the best place for it. So I don’t want to move it...

  • 6 years ago

    I think everything looks great where you currently have it, just leave the corner by the TV empty.

    lisa gee thanked User
  • 6 years ago

    I have that lamp and love it but I would move it where the plant is, as others have said.

    lisa gee thanked tfitz1006
  • PRO
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

    Floor lamp where plant is and plant behind chair and add a wall mounted swing arm lamp by the chair for reading. You might have to boost the plant up in height to the fullness is above the back of the chair.


    Add something over the sofa now in the way of art or found objects

    lisa gee thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • 6 years ago

    Just wanted to say from what I could see, your gallery wall by the TV looks like you put a lot of effort and thought into it. It looks really good!

    lisa gee thanked Apple JT
  • 6 years ago

    I am so sorry to take so long to get back to this design dilemma. Our son and his cousin were confirmed in socially distant Masses this weekend. So nice to have something to celebrate!


    Back to my dilemma....

    I moved the lamp to the side of the tv and really like it there. It provides a lot of light in that dark corner! And we installed our new area rug. I can't believe how lucky I got just happening upon it at the store. And I happened to pick up these pillow covers MONTHS ago but didn't like them and was planning to return them but I think they go with the rug! What do you think? And now my gray tv stand and table work better as there is gray in the rug. I was going to paint them. Might still but they don't stick out like a sore thumb now.


    Now the new dilemma... what do I put between the chair and love seat next to the window? Small table with table lamp? Can't have matching lamps, right? That would look weird I think?


    And thank you so much, Apple JT, for your sweet words about my gallery wall. This is my son's artwork and it did take quite a bit of effort. From choosing the frames to deciding which piece of art went into which frame, to arranging them so the frame colors were distributed well as well as the picture orientation, size and colors.... it was quite the endeavor! But we are very pleased with it as well. I only wish I could have scattered in some small shelves but that was beyond my abilities at this point, I thought.