Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_490715966

Do my cabinets work with floor and wall paint?

Kerry
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

The builder installed the cabinets yesterday in the house that we are building. I know it’s not done and there is no lighting yet, but I’m getting a little nervous. I feel like the walls and flooring are looking too gray for the cabinets. I included my design board below. I felt like I chose warm colors. Please be kind because I’m a little stressed out. Does this look like it will come together? And what suggestions do you have to help it come together?

Thanks

Here is my design board:

Painted Hazelnut glaze cabinets

Coral Clay silestone quartz

Harlow tile floors in Lights by Shaw

Paint is Earthling

Carpet is Resort Sand by Shaw

Comments (17)

• lettersatoz
    3 years ago

It's going to look great together - relax! Almost everyone freaks out a little at this stage. Trust your initial instincts and wait until it's done before you let yourself form any opinions. Will you be doing a backsplash different from the counters? You can always use that to either distinguish or tie in if you still think you need to when all is said and done.

Kerry thanked lettersatoz
  • Kerry
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Yes, we want to do a backsplash. I’m not sure if I should do a darker or lighter backsplash? Or if I should tie it more to the counter or the cabinets? Any suggestions?

• felizlady
    3 years ago

Cream and gray and beige are the colors I see in your photo. The unfinished part of the island looks white. In this light,
    the floor has a pinkish undertone which may or may not be accurate. Maybe, when the lighting is installed, the pink will disappear. Maybe it’s just the camera . It’s normal to have a bit of panic when things are only halfway done. Wait until the lighting is completed and then decide if your concern is warranted. The room does need some excitement....a good accent color. I like having runner rugs where I stand to prep and in front of the stove. They bring in texture and color. Maybe you need whiter light bulbs, too.

Kerry thanked felizlady
  • lettersatoz
    3 years ago

Kerry, hard to say -- I'd wait until everything else is done until you make that decision - you'll have a much better feel for it at that point.

Kerry thanked lettersatoz
  • Kerry
    Original Author
    3 years ago

This is the cabinet, counter, carpet, and tile together? Does the tile look less of a pink undertone in this lighting and picture?

• Kerry
    Original Author
    3 years ago

• btydrvn
    3 years ago

One area that may need a washable surface is the wall under the island counter..where the seating will be...people sitting at the island could kick the back wall leaving smudges ...

• btydrvn
    3 years ago

As to your color concerns...re-doing the walls in a little warmer gray ...would blend better than the cooler gray on the walls now

Kerry thanked btydrvn
  • btydrvn
    3 years ago

A big color swatch of wall color ....in the sample pics .....would demonstrate better how color on the walls relates to the other elements...

• btydrvn
    3 years ago

Dont know what stage you are with the counter ...but that color is very white....a conflict with the creamy cabinet color..

• Kerry
    Original Author
    3 years ago

The counter was installed today. It’s a creamy-beige with taupe veins and light cream flecks. I think I’m feeling better about it all coming together. Like some of your suggestions, if I get the right backsplash and tweak the paint color, I think it will look fine. You all are so helpful. Thank you

• HU-351345361
    3 years ago

I think this looks absolutely beautiful! Soft, and rich looking in my opinion

Kerry thanked HU-351345361
  • Kerry
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thank you! You made my day!!

• mark1993
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Kerry, it looks really nice! All the elements flow nicely together.

Kerry thanked mark1993
  • Sue54321 ABC
    3 years ago

I saw my house under construction via photos long distance and it all looked too grey before the lights went in. Now with the lights on it looks great.
    Take some lamps into the kitchen with you to really see
    what it looks like.

Kerry thanked Sue54321 ABC
Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES