osnbsb

Does anyone have Calacatta Miraggio quartz?

Olivia

Hi! I'm having trouble finding some pictures of real life kitchens with the Calacatta Miraggio quartz from MSI. Does anyone have it and can share pictures?

• Olivia Kovach

MSI Seattle also said they heard no issues of miraggio creaking/splitting and is quickly becoming one of their top sellers.

we loved it- but need it to go with a warmer cabinet like white dove or Swiss coffee (both BM)

anyone have advice on that? Hubby doesn’t like the miraggio gold and thinks it might be too gold.

• Carmela Sofia

Hi. My cabinets are white. I would not go with a Swiss coffee or warmer white. The counters are a cool white. A beautiful dove gray would work but for my space I needed to do white cabinets. It’s a small space. There is not a lot of veining so if that is what you are after, this isn’t the right quartz for you. I would have liked more veining but now that it’s in, I think it’s fine and not trendy For me, I would get sick of trendy fast, which is why I did not choose pronounced veining. Hope that helps.

• Winnie Chan

@Carmela Sofia Thank you so much for your photos!! Your kitchen is beautiful. I'm also thinking of getting the same MSI countertop and shaker white cabinets. I'm just stuck with what backsplash to get. Ive been toying with the idea of granite grey or just plain white subway tiles as backsplash. I'm curious to know what size is your farmhouse sink.

• Lara Yergatian

Carmela Sofia which white paint did you use with the Miraggio?

• Carmela Sofia

hi lara. My cabinets are brand new and the color is called shaker white. I did notice that he used this touch paint. Maybe this will help if you are painting yours?

• Carol Maslin

Thanks for all this info. My kitchen project is starting on Thursday. Gray stained bottom cabinets with white uppers. I picked the MSI Calcatta Miraggio as my counter with white beveled subway tile for my backsplash. I'm a little concerned now about the Miraggio. I'm going to call MSI in Edison, NJ which is where I saw the slab and ask them about it. It took me so long to find one that really like, I hope that it's okay!

• Carmela Sofia

@ carol I think it will be fine. I have asked around and nobody has heard of the splitting. not saying it is untrue but that picture looked like they did something to break it like that. yiur kitchen is going to look beautiful. we made the right choice!

• Carmela Sofia

Tara who called MSI? You or the fabricator? I’d like to know who said it was discontinued as they are not saying this up in the northeast. Thanks.

• hari p

@Carmela Sofia thanks for your help to all of us deciding on calacatta miraggio :D

We are thinking of going with miraggio and bedrosian cloe white subway tiles.

Anyone has any opinion on if they would go well together?

• Tom Fallon

Hi Carmela I'm interested in knowing who you used to do the counters? I'm in the Boston area also and only need one slab but the quotes im getting are higher than what you paid for two. You got a great deal.

• Carmela Sofia

@Tom. Frangioso in Braintree. Excellent service.

• Colleen Needham

@CArmella Sofia curious what your sq ft was, in the 60s?

• TARA C.

@Carmela Sofia I visited MSI in Edison also. The woman at the front desk told me that it was on back order for 2-3 months. I asked my fabricator who reached out to his MSI representative and he explained that they’ve been having problems with it and were pulling it off the market to work out the kinks. I was so upset too Trust me but now I don’t feel safe installing it. I haven’t had countertops in 6 weeks. He said it’s not every slab but here and there there have been problems reported So I don’t feel safe. I am now going with Silestone Calacatta Gold. Also has light veining but a little more going on than the miraggio... still very white If you’re still looking.. I think this happened for a reason lol.

• Tom Fallon

Thanks I live in Braintree so i will definitively check it out. thanks Tom

• Carmela Sofia

Ok so I called MSI again today in Boston and they confirmed that they recalled it. I guess not all sales reps were informed. I have to call my fabricator. I have not had a problem but I would like to know what they are doing about it. hopefully I got a “good slab”. Ughhhhhh

• J Gord

@Carmela Sofia interesting.. I called MSI Edison and MSI Boston and both reps told me that they HAVE NOT pulled this off the market

• Carmela Sofia

They had to check with their superiors so I don’t think they are educating everyone yet. they will probably say if you don’t have problems you will be fine. I would think that if I had a faulty slab it would have cracked when they tried to cut it. i still want an extended warranty on this. I am not going to have them pull this out if I have no problems. I will use this thread as legal proof if necessary.

• Carmela Sofia

Everyone: my fabricator called me back after speaking with her MSI rep. Fact: there was an issue with certain lots of mirragio But not all. If there was an issue it would have showed up during fabrication which is what Tara experienced. They are confident that if you installed it without issue it should be fine. This is on back order and not recalled. I have all of this recorded with my fabricator in case something happens beyond warranty. Hope this helps.

• J Gord

@Carmela Sofia thanks so much!

• hari p

@Carmela Sofia Thanks a lot for your work.

BTW, anyone done waterfall book matching with the mirragio? I am not finding the bookmatching ones.

• Marie Stott

Anyone near tPhilly able to get the mirragio? We ordered ours and now I'm concerned about it being on backorder.. Our kitchen company didn't tell us anything though

Hi All- I was following this thread closely. We just had these installed this week. I am really happy with them- exactly what I hoped for. They have subtle veining and they are a cool white.
    When I say I was up in the middle of the night for a solid 2 weeks before these were installed- I am not exaggerating. I was nervous about the size,color and repeat of the veining and worried the counters would make my cabinets look yellow, or vise versa.
    Our kitchen designer called his MSI rep on the spot when I asked if he was aware of any issues with the slabs cracking or breaking. The rep said he hadn’t heard anything about them being recalled. This was about 1 week ago in NY.

I included my hand in one of the pics for scale of the veining.

Olivia thanked HU-456078745
  • Colleen Needham

This is so helpful and reassuring! Just ordered this quartz and will be installed next week. Will be holding my breath until then. Question, did you have a seam? If yes where did you put it and does it blend well?

• Lara Yergatian

Looks great!

• Carmela Sofia

Final kitchen reveal! Love it.

• Olivia

@Carmela Sofia lovely!! What color blue is that?

• Carmela Sofia

@olivia The walls or tile? Walls are a greenish hue BM Raindance And the tiles are MSI morning fog grayish blue green 😀

• Mandi White-Ajmani

@TARA C. Was your fabricator Stonemart in Staten Island, by any chance? We just heard a very similar story from them— after getting my heart set on Miraggio— and I’m wondering how widespread the problem is. But yeah, now I’m feeling too pessimistic about Miraggio and am trying to choose a similar style. I think Trevi looks similar, but the veining looks like pencil scratch to me!

• senoritasuzie

Thanks HU and others for the great photos. They are so very helpful! I have also chosen Calacatta Miraggio and need to select the perfect BM white for the cabinets. Any recommendations? My painter typically uses White Dove, but I know it is too warm and yellow, and would not coordinate with the quartz. Thanks!

• Monica Johnson

@HU-456078745 I am going through the same "up all night" concerns. What color are your cabinets? I am trying to go as white as possible with still slight warmth so it's not too cold.

• Carmela Sofia

I know the question wasn’t directed to me but I would recommend a white that is in the cool tone/gray mix. Try not to use a yellow white.

@monicajohnson, I ordered my cabinets through Waypoint and they are “Painted Linen”, I’ll look online and see if I can find a post where someone does a color match to them. In the daytime, the shadows in my house can make them look grey (pic included) but up close they look good against the white. I am really happy with them- in fact, I keep telling people the countertops are my favorite part of my new kitchen!

@colleenneedham- I am sorry I missed your question. We did have a seam- it’s off to the side above the wine fridge and under the cabinet that goes down to the counter. I had to ask where it was. You don’t see it unless you’re looking for it (I had to ask them where it was!) However, it’s more noticeable when you’re looking at the counter from the front than from the top.

• Colleen Needham

Thanks! looks amazing, mine went in last week and they actually had to come back and re-do seam, it looked awful when they 1st installed. Much better but not as good as yours!

• bethie1103

Does Calacatta Miraggio quartz look more bright white? I want to have my cabinets painted either SW high reflective white or BM Chantilly lace. I can't tell from the previous picture how white it is and trying to avoid an off white. Thanks

• Monica Johnson

@bethie1103 Yes! The mirraggio is a cool white. Definitely not off white at all.

• TARA C.

@Mandi White-Ajmani Yupthat was me! Nightmare! I just installed Calacatta Gold by Silestone today. I love it better than the Miraggio. I think it was meant to be lol I did not like anything else from MSI.

• Mandi White-Ajmani

@TARA C. Ha, small world! So sorry for the nightmare, but glad you found something else you love! We’re going with MSI Calacatta Ultra, but I still like Miraggio better.

• Ikaika21808 Maldonado

Here’s my island

• Disha Vinod

I was also planning on getting mirragio from MSI but now unsure after reading all of this.

Any recommendations on which countertop would go with swiss coffee cabinets? Wondering if the miraggio will be too bright white? t

• Sandra

Kitchen update not done yet... but Calacatta Miraggio countertops went in today!

• Sandra

Along with Miraggio backsplash too!

• bethie1103

Beautiful

• hari p

@Sandra looks great. What floor is that? that also looks nice!

• Sandra

Hi 😊 It’s Coretec’s Calypso oak LVP! Loving it so far!

• Sandra

Hi all that have quartz installed from MSI. Question! Did your slabs have little pits on them? — the blemishes are tiny but there are many. I am not home so I can take a close up photos. But for those that have them I think you’ll know what I mean.

• Sandra

can’t*

• Carmela Sofia

@sandra No pits Here. Doesn’t sound right.

• Sandra

Here’s a photo!

• Carmela Sofia

@sandra. Honestly that doesn’t look right. Call them back and see what they can do. You paid a lot and deserve quality.