Software
Houzz Logo Print
james_currin

Exterior Renovation Costs (Everlast) Any thoughts

5 years ago

We are planning to replace all exterior siding and trim with Everlast siding and PVC trim. This includes all window trim, corner boards, soffit, etc. Any ballpark ideas on what this could/should run us in the northeast? Our home is roughly 2200 sq/ft. I have a quote from a contractor, who was recommended by a friend but i have not seen his work, of $57K with Hardie board which is not my preferred product. Is $57K a good price? This includes fully stripping the house.


Would everlast cost more? It is extremely difficult to compare prices as different contractors want to use different materials. Nothing is apples to apples


is there an estimate I can use based on the size of my house for pricing?

Comments (16)

  • 5 years ago

    No where near enough info. How cut up is the house? What type of Hardi? What type of Everlast? What other work is being done at the same time? Even then anything over the internet will just be a wild a** guess.

  • 5 years ago

    Thanks for the comment and apologies for the lack of info. Pretty new to all this. the house is not cut up at all (in my opinion). see pic. the work includes ripping everything off, waterproofing, all PVC trim, new gutters, and cement siding. The type of hardie is hardie plank lap siding. He never asked what exposure I wanted. the everlast is lap siding as well with 7" exposure. the everlast is lap siding as well 7" exposure. Hope this helps

  • 5 years ago

    I would think the Everlast "should" be a bit cheaper than the Hardi. Now what is the 2200 sq ft, wall area or floor area? No other way to determine the cost but to have the surface area where the siding will be applied.

  • 5 years ago

    the 2200 sq ft is the floor space. The square footage of the exterior wall is roughly 4200 sq ft by my calculations.

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Depending on your cost of living area that may be too cheap. I know it would be in my area (Long Island, NY) as that is only about $135 per square (100 sq ft) for any siding other than basic builder grade vinyl from a production installer on new construction. Way. To. Cheap.

  • 5 years ago

    thank you for the feedback. I expect a few more quotes this week. It will be interesting to see what the other contractors come in at


  • 5 years ago

    I got a quote on the 7" Everlast, it was about $300/square for the material. The 4 1/2" costs more because it requires more material per square. I think it's a gorgeous product and I'm putting it on my new house this summer. They have some tasty colors too.
    Certainteed Celect is a similar siding, but it costs $400 a square!!

  • 5 years ago

    Where are you? I'm having trouble getting prices for Everlast and hope to have it installed on my home to be built in WV. I found a wholesale price sheet at over $500/square (https://roccobuilding.com/price_guides/2020-03-30%20Siding-Roofing-Housewrap-Ventilation.pdf) so it looks like you're getting an amazing deal.


  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    I am just outside of providence RI. I finally hired a contractor, they are starting on May 17th 2021. The total contract is 54K. The entire house is being totally stripped and all trim is being replaced with PVC and 7" Everlast composite siding is being installed. Ended up going with Lowes (after I verified who the subcontractor would be). Lowes was a bit lower in price than other contractor's Hardie board prices and I personally think Everlast is a better product. The team at Lowes has been great to work with so far but I will certainly keep you posted on that. Ill post some before and after photos! looking forward to FINALLY getting this project done!

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Thank you! I didn't know Lowes carries it! Do you have any insight into the materials cost? Ours is a new build so now demo cost. I called our local Lowes....the guy said they can't order it.

  • 5 years ago

    Can't wait to see how it turns out and hear about the installation! Hoping we can find a builder and source for Everlast in WV. With your estimate of SF and materials price, it looks like around $4.76/SF in materials -- ?

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    ABC Supply has Everlast Siding. They have some stores in or near West Virginia

  • 5 years ago

    J Currin, Could you provide an update? was there a wait to purchase the Everlast? were there unexpected costs? what color siding and trim did you use? as much det as you can provide would be a great help. thanks so much!

  • 4 years ago

    J Currin -- please let us know how the installation went and if you are happy with the results! Thanks!

  • 2 years ago

    Any project updates along with photos?