Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cristal_velazquez

Moen “brushed gold” matches?

I recently purchased the Moen brushed gold shower trim kit, and am trying to find some color matches on a vanity light and bathroom sink faucet. I’m doing my best to avoid spending hundreds on even MORE Moen stuff on what was supposed to be a budget-remodel. Long story short: had to buy the Moen trim kit unless I changed the valve, which was not an option, and i Didn’t want to use chrome or nickel fixtures.

Anyone have any luck finding matching lights and sink faucets? I found matches on the cabinet pulls already from another post (yes!)

Comments (31)

• 3 years ago

Google “brushed gold vanity lights,” and you will find dozens of choices, some under $100. Do the same with bathroom fixtures.

• PRO
    3 years ago

My lights are from Matteo lighting, and I got towel bars from floor and decor.

• 3 years ago

I second that, check floor and decor. They have off brands in that color.

• 3 years ago

Hi @Connie Stackhouse i tried that, and purchased one but it’s definitely more yellow in person as well as in comparison to the Moen gold, so I have to return it unfortunately. Hoping someone had fixtures they purchased and could confirm matches in color - it’s a toughy!

• PRO
    3 years ago

Moen Brushed Gold, Floor and Decor Towel Bars, CB2 mirror

Lafayette · More Info

• 3 years ago

@HALLETT & Co. thank you!! Found (4) options I’m liking from Matteo, and they look exactly like the Moen gold, this is great! And @K R thanks! I’ll check them out too

• 3 years ago

I am having trouble finding door knobs for a closet door and two exterior doors that match a similar finish (like this Honey Bronze color from Top Knobs: https://www.wayfair.com/Top-Knobs--Ascendra-1-14-Length-Square-Knob-TK702-L7135-K~TOKN2332.html?refid=PINSHOP-tokn2332_27231549&costid=PINSHOP&pin_campaign=626741764690&pin_adgroup=2680065392218&pin_productgroup=4260607614312&device=desktop&piid=27231549 ). Any help on finding doorknobs to match would be appreciated! (My similar kitchen faucet is Cassidy Single-Handle Pull-Down Sprayer Kitchen Faucet in Lumicoat Champagne Bronze.)

• 3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I’m also looking for door knobs & shower hinges to match Moen brushed gold.... any advice. ? Thanks in advance! :) @Ilove MyLife @HALLETT & Co. @Connie Stackhouse

• PRO
    3 years ago

My doorknobs are chrome because all my knobs are chrome (actually glass disks with chrome rosettes). As for the shower I used white U channel for my glass to blend with the tile. In another job I used the hinges from my glass company and they matched fine.

• 3 years ago

@HALLETT & Co. can you tell me what glass company you used please?

• PRO
    3 years ago

Local independent (J and L) but all glass companies get their hinges from C R Laurence.

• 2 years ago

which cabinet pulls did you find from another post? and did you find lights etc to match the Moen brushed gold?

• 2 years ago

Same problem here. It's so frustrating. I'm ready to change my Moen Brushed Gold trim as opposed to being so limited with options. any luck for a matching mirror, please let me know.

• 2 years ago

@muralgirl - they matched in the pic i saw, but in person were too yellow. i ended up returning those and buying moen ones from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H4X9RLS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glt_fabc_D3WAD7QE55J2JHX3ZKDD?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 

@noonanamy - i went with an all black mirror to match the vanity. the lights i found to match were these: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YYYSRDR/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_api_glt_fabc_NWJQXW6Q9SCKHGQ4QKS0?psc=1

they have 1, 2, 3, and 4-light versions

• 2 years ago

Has anyone found glass tub or shower doors with brushed gold finish that matches Moen??

• 2 years ago

Also, I found a vanity sink faucet that not only matches perfectly but my husband says was incredibly easy to install and has amazing water pressure, and cabinet handles that match moen perfectly

• PRO
    2 years ago

I will just say I cant believe gold trim is making a comeback.

• 2 years ago

its a beautiful deep gold. not shiny or tacky.

• last year

@muralgirl what brand faucet did you get to match? Struggling to find a good option! Thanks

• last year

@hallett thanks so much for posting the photo of your bathroom! I’m thinking of doing the white u channel to blend with the tile like you did. Is it more visible in person or does it really blend in? We have a white quartz shower curb and white ceramic wall tile so I’m hopeful we can do this and forgo using clips that don’t match. Do you happen to know which CRL finish you used for the clips on your other job and is the difference in finish very noticeable?

• PRO
    last year

No, the white U channel is just as subtle in person. It is my go to if no doors are being hung off the panel

This is another bath with U channel on the fixed panel but hinges on the door. I think it is cleaner. I have no idea the hinge color though, the glass guy shoed a sample and I approved it...

Dockman · More Info

• last year

I found the Moen Brushed Gold to have slight pink undertones, somewhat in between yellow gold and rose gold. Most brushed gold hardware is yellower, while going with rose gold hardware would be a bit too pink.

• last year
    last modified: last year

@HALLETT & Co. I love this idea. My glass fabricator is saying he doesn’t typically put u channels on walls, only along the base, and puts clips on the wall. I wonder if I can push him to do the white u channel on the wall as well and settle for a gold color that doesn’t exactly match for the hinges. My shower is in a corner, so I have one full-panel glass wall, then on the adjacent wall, a small panel, the hinged door, and another small panel (we have a towel warmer going on the wall so we need the door to be in the center of the glass panel so it doesn’t open directly onto the towel warmer if that makes sense). I really want to minimize the amount of non-matching clips and hinges and the finish choices are all slightly off. I think we’ll have to go with the one that has a slightly yellower tone. I know there are white clips but I think those will end up looking cheap and motel-y.

• last year
    last modified: last year

Signature hardware's brushed gold is pretty close to the Moen brushed gold, just a shade lighter. I'm mixing these in my bathroom due to low availability of a number of items in these colors, especially wall mounted bath fillers. I'm attaching a picture with a Signature Hardware fixture on the left and Moen on the right for comparison.

• last year

@Anna P did you end up going with one of the CRL hinges? We are debating right now between the gold plated and satin brass. Would love to know what you went with and how you like it!

• last year

Hinkley Heritage Brass is a really close match.

• last year

Hinkley for light fixtures….

• last year

@muralgirl Did you ever find a shower /tub door manufacturer to match moen brushed gold shower faucets?

• 9 months ago

Anyone found a spray paint that matches?

• 4 months ago

@muralgirl @muralgirl hi so many of us want to know the brand of the faucet. Why are you not replying?