Software
Houzz Logo Print
katie_spring86

where to put play area???

5 years ago

So I’ve been struggling with this, in our new house we are renting out the basement where we had our playroom in the last house. I have a daughter who’s 4 and almost 1 year old. We have 2 living rooms so made sense for us to make one a playroom. It’s super open and not an ideal space for the playroom as it’s one of the first places when you walk through the front door. I feel clutter just spreads though the house. I don’t love it but my husband thinks it’s not a big deal. Now I’m worried about my younger one sticking everything in his mouth as it’s on the main floor. So my options are keep all the small toys in my daughters room, or make a playroom in our downstairs den which my husband insists on making a guest bedroom when we have guests stay over once a year. My daughter is 4 now so she is fine playing unsupervised for some time. That way my son won’t have access to it unless I bring him there. Anyway my husband thinks it’s pointless to have 2 living rooms. Thoughts???!

Comments (4)