Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_958970481

What are some good color of blinds to go with this paint?

5 years ago

I am moving into new house and they use the following paint:

https://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW7631-city-loft


I am curious what kind of blinds color goes well with it? I am looking at some of the colors below :

https://www.hunterdouglas.com/fabrics-materials/duette-collections

Thanks!

Comments (16)

  • 5 years ago

    Lighter tans will go with the paint, but, I would buy white ones, since they will go with any color paint in the future, when you decide to repaint.

  • 5 years ago

    Do you have as much light in the room as the sample city loft shows? I'd go a couple shades lighter. and yes, I agree with cat-ky, white.

  • PRO
    5 years ago

    IMO tan would not work with that taupe at all. I would do white but before that I would want to know what your style is and what purpose the blinds will serve.

  • 5 years ago

    If you will have white trim, I would get white blinds. Trying to match a wall color isn't usually the best idea, and limits you when you want to change the paint later.

  • 5 years ago

    White or a wood tone would work. I would choose white if the trim and window casing is white.

  • 5 years ago

    ahh... so it seems most of the suggestions are whiteish colors. From the color choices for blinds i think its basically the first 1 or 2 lighter tones. Would the following be OK:

    Architella Elan - daisy white(featured in many styles), aspen snow

    Alustra architella jordin - solstice

    Alustra architella leela - illusion


    I do like the texture feel of some of the styles.

  • 5 years ago

    If you are having white trim, match the white to the trim. Do not pick a white that has a yellowish look to it, because, when the sun hits it, it will look dirty and dingy. I would pick the whitest white they sell. It goes with anything, and will not look dingy, when sun hits that window. All this needs to be considered when you buy blinds.

  • 5 years ago

    @cat_ky

    Would the following fit that bill or exclude? It seems they are closest to what you said?

    https://www.hunterdouglas.com/fabrics-materials/duette-collections

    ARCHITELLA® BATISTE SEMI-SHEER Daisy white

    ARCHITELLA® CLASSIC - daisy white, blue white

    ARCHITELLA® RECEPTION - oxford

    ARCHITELLA® ELAN® - daisy white

    ARCHITELLA® BATISTE BAMBOO - daisy white

    ALUSTRA® ARCHITELLA® JARDIN - solstice

    ARCHITELLA® ALEXA - journal

    ?

  • 5 years ago

    Can you order a sample. Daisy white looks the best to me, but, I also like the blue white, but, that may not match in with your trim color as much. If you could get a sample, it would be easier to pick the right one. solstice, is nice, but, looks a bit gray. Journal, is too yellow. Oxford is nice, but, appears it could look a bit grayer. Just looking at them all. Daisy white is my favorite, but, hard to know for sure if it will match the other whites for trim etc.

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago





    ALUSTRA® ARCHITELLA® APOLLO™ . Renew


    Assuming trim is white.

  • 5 years ago

    @cat_ky yeah i will try ask - it wasnt obvious to me where to get swatches. But daisy white and blue white also my favs. When you say trim do you mean the left and right edge of the blind?

  • 5 years ago

    Trim is your baseboards, the wood around the windows, your doors, and the trim around them.

  • 5 years ago

    Please remember to think how the blinds will look from outside your house.

  • 5 years ago

    @cat_ky

    Below is link to the outside window (seems like dark gray?) and inside(seems to be white)


    https://imgbox.com/jlckmMkb

    https://imgbox.com/8DDAIUHz

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    Your windows are also white. Go with the white that is closest to that color. The window itself will still be white outside, regardless what they paint the exterior trim.

    A K thanked cat_ky