Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skyblue52

OBF July. =Show your summer pictures

skyblue52
2 years ago

Come one! Come all! We are hot in summer. And so many things to enjoy. Thus month is just staying in touch by showing pictures. Gardens,food, vacations, crafts,rainbows! Anything that you love to share that brings you joy this summer. I will host a bingo so someone gets some fun mail. Check in to say "Happy Summer"

Comments (50)

• Melinda Hagen
    2 years ago

Happy Summer! Yes, great idea!

skyblue52 thanked Melinda Hagen
  • skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

What's everyone up to on the beautiful day.

Trimmed mums back yesterday. I have tomatoes for the Carolina gold for 4 th.

• sandlapper_rose
    2 years ago

Happy Summer and Happy Independence Day!

skyblue52 thanked sandlapper_rose
  • skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago
    1. s start a bingo to fill this month. Pick 10 words. Have them sent by sunday. 1.July
    2. Sun
    3. heat
    4. Vacation
    5. Pool
    6. Air conditioner
    7. Hat
    8. Sun block
    9. Marigolds
    10. Watermelon
    11. Tomatoes
    12. Cucumbers
    13. Picnics
    14. Cook outs
    15. Parks
  • Melinda Hagen
    2 years ago

Day lilies blooming today!

• Melinda Hagen
    2 years ago

Pulls mix growing from seed!

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Love growing from seed.

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    2 years ago

I think of fotess often, just don't get things posted. Here's my flowers. Heidi

2 years ago

Hollyhocks

skyblue52 thanked xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    2 years ago

Flower bed

skyblue52 thanked xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
  • Melinda Hagen
    2 years ago

Love your pictures, Heidi! Can't grow slot of stuff anymore like that since moved to an apt. But put what can out!!

• brittneysgran
    2 years ago

• Melinda Hagen
    2 years ago

Oh my!! Shirley, lovely flowers as always!

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Melinda do u think u gave me this lily?

• Melinda Hagen
    2 years ago

I might have. Looks like one I had! Traded and swapped so many in past, just don't remember for sure!

• Melinda Hagen
    2 years ago

Some shade lovers in front of my apartment.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

hello girls lets do a bingo watermelon Pool

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hi I have had a crazy day. The humitity is so bad here my tablet has moisture in the port. I have tried all day to dry it out. When I signed in thru my laptop I got a blank Houzz page. No follows and no activity. I finally figured would go thru face book and it logged me in to my current page. Had a stressful doctor visit so following up tomorrow with some blood work. I have 2 inches of rain under my house and the insulation soaked up water under neath. Have a guy coming in the morning to check out how much damage there is. My front window is also leaking into my carpet. but first things first. after the doctor i may need to walk around a greenhouse to unstress!!

• sandlapper_rose
    2 years ago

That sure was a rough day! Thinking of you.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Bingo ===cookouts and heat

• Melinda Hagen
    2 years ago

Keeping you in my thoughts that all blood work comes back good! Hope everyone is having a great day!

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Good morning girls. Lets do a bingo. Vacation and sun block

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Bingo. HAT. MARIGOLDS

• smitties
    2 years ago

Hello everyone. Just stopping by to say hello. Been busy catching up on gardening after having cataract surgery that kept me out of the garden for 4 weeks. Have had and will have family visits. Time is flying by. Gardens are coming along nicely.

Hubby and I are trying to keep up regular hiking excursions at least once a week. We will be going to Iceland to hike up the volcano that is currently active

Hope everyone is having a good garden season. Margo

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Margo good to hear from you. Iceland. Wow! This rain is keeping the gardens going. I always cannot the sift ground after a rain. The lilies are hanging on.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Bingo= SUN. Air Conditioner

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

The big ones are opening this morning. The Star gamers always come inside.My crown of throns is blooming.

• Melinda Hagen
    2 years ago

Love all the lilies!!

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hello girls. Let add 2 bingo words - picnics parks review is watermelon. Pool. Cookouts. . Heat. Hat. Marigolds. Sun. Air. Conditioner

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Good mornings It is a beautiful morning in Dayton Ohio. Gonna knockout a quick doctor appointment. Then hope To go pick from the community garden. Of course weed! I spent 2 days pulling morning glories and tomatoe vollenteers and trimming and cutting grass at the house.. Sunday met a girl and did a Lily trade.

• Melinda Hagen
    2 years ago

My sweet little summer girl! Miss Riley Jane. We were blowing bubbles. My only great granddaughter.

• brittneysgran
    2 years ago

Melinda Riley Jane is precious. Nothing like grandkids and great grandkids.

• brittneysgran
    2 years ago

Susan hope your stressful problems have been solved. Sounds like some of my days.

Thinking of you.

Love all the beautiful flower pictures.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Next weds. I am having a heart catheter . My stress test showed positive for blockage in the left side. unexpected. All my health numbers are perfect.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Bingo = Tomatoes. Vacation

• sandlapper_rose
    2 years ago

Susan, I'm so sorry and distressed to read you need a heart procedure. Prayers for you and hoping everything goes just fine.

Riley Jane sure is a cutie!

Margo, great to hear from you as well. I know you are glad to have the surgery in the past. I know most people have no problems with cataract surgery but I had problems after both of mine so a sigh of relief when it goes well for my friends.

Most know I have been looking for a house in NC so I can be closer to my younger daughter and her family. Well, I started looking seriously at the end of May and it has been quite a process, but I had my offer accepted on Sunday and am anxious to see the house in person. Yes, everything was by looking at photos and videotapes. I'll be in Cary, which I hear is really nice. I'm sure I won't get to do any more swaps until after the move. It is going to be busy, busy, busy.

skyblue52 thanked sandlapper_rose
  • Melinda Hagen
    2 years ago

Peach magnolia day lily.

• brittneysgran
    2 years ago

Melinda I have Peach Magnolia and love it.

Susan praying for your heart procedure to go smoothly. I know you will be glad when it is all behind you.

• Melinda Hagen
    2 years ago

Susan, think you posted bingo words on June's forum. They were

Sunblock

Cucumbers

I have Bingo!

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Yea!!!!! Congradulations Glad You caught it. Late night !!! Hope everyone's weekend is starting out great.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Hope your gardening summer activies are coming are getting planned As I look over the flower s today the yarrow, fever few and bee balm have ended their first blooming. as the day gets cooler will take Clippers in hand to tidy up. Just watched A u tube on strawberry maintance .Have had them.planted for 10 years and never trimmed the runners. It is shady in the far back from the pine trees so may try the "still attached" potting method. If I find roots on runners will cut off and pot. This give me an idea to build a strawberry tower next year. My holding area has mums from last year that are growing. I still have roses in winter sowing pots mixed in my iris beds to hold over another year. Yesterday I cut green hibiscus stems to propagate ,Just for fun.

Not a big haul yet from the vegetable garden yet.. Letting my lettuce go to seed to save and share.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Got 80 strawberries starts potted up. all had roots. I know there is more but started pulling morning glories out of the bed and filled a trash bag. Stopped for the day. The USA gym team on. Always fun to watch these girls.

The marigolds and bes loving summer.
    Coleus glowing in the shade

• brittneysgran
    2 years ago

Congrats on Bingo Melinda!

Love marigolds.

• smitties
    2 years ago

Susan, looks like your procedure is today. Hope all is well and you be sure to follow the doctors advice.

Hot here but storms tomorrow are supposed to bring the temps down.

great pics here. I am going to add one. Its my hydrangea which for some reason, has a few huge blooms this year.

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Good morning. I am home and feeling well. Got a stint put in. Took some pictures of the garden before I left weds. Morning to look at . Want to walk thru and move some stuff. It is so full right now. Not with weeds just flowers!!! The petunias I did this year did not give me the blast of color

I had hoped for. To a non gardener it may look like not taken care of. My hydrangea has been blooming for a month. This area is crowded also but I enjoy this look.

So this morning I will enjoy my coffee and make some appointments.I get 30 rehab appointments. Might be fun.The month has ended. I am next months host. Gonna get that posted tomorrow. So look for it.

• Melinda Hagen
    2 years ago

• sandlapper_rose
    2 years ago

Susan, your garden is lovely. Praying you have a quick and uneventful recovery.

I love the zinnia you posted, Melinda!

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

Melinda that is a pretty one.. give me another day to post. Spent the day doing coupons deals. If you have a rite aid got deal on cat food!

• skyblue52
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I just had a great visit. A moving man had been up and down our street all week. Today we were on our front deck. He can up and told me he enjoys my garden and could he walk around to look at my big flowers

that gave me a chance to walk the garden and talk about plants. He stayed an hour and half talking flowers and tomatoes. He even asked to walk thru my front and look into the garden. I still think I will clean up all the self seeders next year so it won't be so crowded looking. Of you all have supported "my style" hope everyone week end has a nice surprise also.