Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
benny_townsend

master bedroom help

Can someone help me out with figuring out how to tie this all together? The master is large and I’m getting new curtains but trying to figure out what is missing!

Comments (16)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    last year

I always love drapes in bedrooms they give a nice luxe look . IMO too many mirrors so maybe a nice piece of art above the dresser and a much more tailored bedding choice for a bit of MCM much taller larger lamps so they are reflected in those mirros and maybe the mirros hung so that the new lamps are reflected. I didlike those cheap looking blinds but mayestart with the new bedding.

• benny townsend
    Original Author
    last year

Thank you! Yeah eventually I’m thinking Roman shades or something and bigger/taller lamps.

As far as bedding what we’re you thinking? More of a set?

• M Riz
    last year
    last modified: last year

I agree about the drapery, it makes a bedroom look cozy and luxurious. Is this a ground floor BR or are you lacking privacy? Instead of roman shades, Id free up all of those windows. Im not a fan of those mirrors so they would go and get some beautiful side lamps that are the right size. Swap out that chandelier and instead of just pulling up that lumpy comforter, take an extra few minutes and really make your bed. I absolutely love walking into my bedroom and seeing a well made cozy bed after a long day, and you will too! Google luxury bedrooms, and see what layers and textures can do for you. I would 86 the tv and get a samsung frame for over your fireplace (no, not a huge one), to camouflage it and make you retreat more inviting. Maybe another plant or two and that paint is neither here nor there. Pick a paint thats not oatmeal, everything there is the same color, mix in some creams and whites or taupes. Its a really nice room and could be a beautiful retreat for you.

• RedRyder
    last year

Take down the small mirrors on the bed wall. Artwork (colorful and large) over the fireplace. Bigger lamps, as was already suggested for the night stands. A new center fixture that’s a knockout as Beverly suggested. Consider a white / light dresser or paint the current one.

Get a new, larger rug with colors that you like. Then add a throw or second blanket which matches it at the end of your bed. And yes, make the bed neatly so it makes you happy when you come in.

The color of the walls look too beige/yellow, so consider a soft white for the walls to brighten the room.

Can you post a photo of the new drapes you chose?

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    last year

I would go with wall art above the FP mantel and get coverlet for bed. And no for red upholstered bench.

• kandrewspa
    last year

The wall color is not bringing out the best in the fireplace or the cream colored chair in the corner. There is not enough contrast. It might be the wrong color altogether to go with the fireplace surround. I can't really tell since the picture doesn't show it close up. If you just painted I can understand you may not want to repaint, but if this is an option, look at colors that are present in the fireplace surround but are either lighter or darker than what you already have. Be thinking about your window treatments before you paint so they coordinate.

• PRO
    last year

Look a little dull. May be better to go with lighter warm neutral walls.

• decoenthusiaste
    last year

Drapes on the big window and matching Romans on the ones that are jammed into corners where you don't have room for a proper stack-back.

• PRO
    last year

Check these drapes in vintage linen, or white, or ivory for your bedroom. They look great. Budget friendly. I got the same white ones. I hung couple on each side instead one. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HZNZPHS?

• benny townsend
    Original Author
    last year

Wow thank you so much this looks awesome! I’m off to do some rearranging and purchasing!

• M Riz
    last year

Wow @Celery. Visualization, Rendering images, what a difference seeing all of the suggestions applied. That room looks luxurious and peaceful. Thanks for taking the time so I can see what can be.

• RedRyder
    last year

JC Penny has great prices on drapery panels too.

• PRO
    last year

Sure! Do not forget ironing drapes! :-)) These drapes were suggested by designer Rebecca Robeson. She got them from Wayfair. I found the same with better price at Amazon. I ironed them, look very good white with black rods.

• benny townsend
    Original Author
    last year

Hey guys! In the process of changing things up. Do we think the mirrors work or should go?

• PRO
    DANE AUSTIN INTERIOR DESIGN Boston & Cambridge
    last year

You might consider removing the mirrors, adding taller lamps, adding a large piece of art over the fireplace, and perhaps adding a console under the TV. Here are a few ideas which might help you more.

Weston Bauhaus · More Info

Cambridge Luxury Loft · More Info

Leather District Loft · More Info