Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sultry_jasmine_nights_fl9

Heirloom Rose Sale

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
last year
last modified: last year

Current sale through 1-28. 20%-50% on roses. Free ship on $100+. This is the kind of sale I like to get roses from Heirloom lol.I was able to get Madame Anisette and a few others. Anyone else snag any?

Comments (30)

• Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
    last year

I really want Madame Anisette and they seem to be the only ones who carry it.

And yet I have no place lol

I wish that Amazing Grace would come back in and I could get the two of them( that I don't have room for)

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) thanked Kristine LeGault 8a pnw
  • sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    Original Author
    last year

My MA is gonna have to stay in a pot for a little while. I have to dig some more beds lol. I'm dying to smell MA due to everyone's raving comments on her fragrance!

I hope she gets big here so the naughty chickens don't pull off her yummy smelling blooms!

I wish they had Poseidon in stock because I really need to replace my old one. I also got my original frm Heirloom and it turned out to be a climber in my climate!

Original Author
    last year

Tuscany Superb is gorgeous! I love the velvety texture of the petals. I don't know if I get quite cold enough for gallicas here (8b) so am afraid to try any.

There's so many beauties I would like to grow.

I also like the quicker shipping at Heirloom because fall/winter planting is better for most perennials here. When I order from Austin or somewhere its harder on the roses to get them going because its already getting hot. My old zone was 9a and I usually didnt get my order till mid March. Now Im sure it will be late March.

• User
    last year

I got English Miss, which sounds like a David Austin rose, but is actually a 1977 Floribunda from the Cants. But I just saw that David Austin carries it as well. I wanted something extremely fragrant and, according to the reviews, English Miss can fill a room with its spicy fragrance. I'm skeptical, but we'll see...

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) thanked User
    Original Author
    last year

I had to look up English Miss. I hadn't heard of it. She is very pretty! I hope you post photos when you get some blooms.

• BenT (NorCal 9B Sunset 14)
    last year

Sultry

I purchased Mme Anisette for Heirloom a few months ago , she was on sale then, too. When I grew her in Texas, she smelled just like biscotti, quite unique.

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) thanked BenT (NorCal 9B Sunset 14)
  • rosaprimula
    last year

English Miss - along with Jenny's rose and a Harkness - 'Many Happy Returns' were some of the first roses I ever grew. I messed up though, and had my first lesson - all pinks do not go together...and moreover, they really should have been in a mixed garden border. EM is indeed a charmer but really needs the support of other plants as it is more of a scrambler like MHR. I honestly don't recall any outstanding fragrance though...but possibly with a bit more heat and light it may offer up more scent than it did at mine.

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) thanked rosaprimula
  • User
    last year

@rosaprimula Thanks for the warning. If EM has little or no scent for me it won't be the first time I can't smell what others are raving about so I shouldn't be TOO disappointed, unfortunately. :-)

Original Author
    last year

Could one just put a tomato cage or something around the rose to keep it more upright? Maybe make something or use a short obelisk if the rose is too big for a tomato cage.

• User
    last year

I'm surprised to see it described here as a scrambler. All the sources say it's a short 2-3 foot shrub. Is it one of those that turns into an octopus in a warm climate?

Original Author
    last year

BenT, Oh gosh, Biscotti!! Yummy, thats what I'm hoping for.

• rosaprimula
    last year

No, it doesn't get big (EM) and I seriously doubt it will turn into an Octopus... even in a warm climate.Perhaps 'scrambler' isn't the right word but, it had a lot more width than height (iyswim) and really looked better with supporting companions (I think I used larkspur and hardy geraniums quite a lot). What I mostly recall was how horrible some shades of pink can look next to each other...

A good wildlife rose.

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) thanked rosaprimula
  • susan9santabarbara
    last year

It's probably too late for many of you in the east, but Heirloom sent a free shipping code on top of their big sale. Valid 11/28/22 (they don't give a time zone for it ending):

Today Only, Get Free Shipping* With Code:
    KCM-SPXM-KLGC

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) thanked susan9santabarbara
  • User
    last year

Just saw they extended the sale and free shipping through today.

Receive Free Shipping* on Your Order With Code:
    KCM-SMSV-ZCVT

• KJ (9B, San Jose CA)
    last year

WOW, Thank you, Susan and Belle! Just ordered one Crazy LoveLove. The free shipping code is still working!

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) thanked KJ (9B, San Jose CA)
  • User
    last year

Just wanted to add that these are not bands but well grown one gallon plants.

• Mischievous Magpie (CO 5b)
    last year

Oh gosh why did there have to be one I want 😭 must resist! Goodness knows I don't need another pink rose. And yet, what if it's the best of them all 😅

sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish) thanked Mischievous Magpie (CO 5b)
  • User
    last year

@Mischievous Which pink rose are you wanting??

last year

Coupe d'Hebe @User

• susan9santabarbara
    last year

The good thing about the free shipping is that you can justify ordering just one or two, instead of feeling like you need to buy enough to get their usual free shipping. Or maybe that's not a good thing, in terms of temptation :-D

last year

Is it a bad idea to get something shipped at this time to my zone (5) when it's already quite cold here (below freezing every night and sometimes in the day as well)?

• oursteelers 8B PNW
    last year

I’m not a cold zone expert but my first thought is to wait for spring

• librarian_gardner_8b_pnw
    last year

I agree with Oursteelers.

• Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
    last year

I would stick with Spring shipping when I lived cold. If you could heel in/bury the new rose and plant it in the Spring I'm sure it could work, or if the rose is extremely hardy it may work.

last year

Sigh, well nothing like weather limitations to temper an impulse buy 😅 I sure don't think it falls under the extremely hardy category. It's a zone 5 bourbon, I have 2 bourbons in my garden already and neither of them is doing well. Maybe I should just take that as a sign that they don't like my garden.

• User
    last year

Do they do delayed shipping? They might let you pay now and select a later ship date and hold it until then?

• susan9santabarbara
    last year

I do remember a recent email from them where they said "order now, and we'll ship it later". Not sure if that applies to the sale, but I'd think it would.

• KJ (9B, San Jose CA)
    last year

Yes they have delayed shipping. When you check out, you can choose which week you would like the order to be shipped out.

• jacqueline9CA
    last year

Yes, I agree - wait for Spring, when it would be normal to plant in your zone. Heirloom is in Oregon on the West Coast, so they do not have to worry about shiiping weaather (at least on their end). Also, in CA and OR and other warm weather spots, our best planting season is right now through Jan, so that the plants can take advantage of Winter rains to get established.

Jackie

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County