Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wendo_lou

Need advice - shutters/door

Wendy
11 months ago

Ive decided i want to paint my front door a fun unique color. My shutters also need a touch up. Im down to two colors for the door (photo below) and just plan on keeping the shutters a dark charcoal/gray. With that said, considering the color of my siding will this color scheme be too much? Should i just paint the door to match the current color of either the siding or shutters? Helppp! TY :)

Comments (10)

• kandrewspa
    11 months ago

You need a color that is darker for your front door. See Kylie M's blog post about best front door colors: https://www.kylieminteriors.ca/best-paint-colours-front-door/

• Joy M
    11 months ago

I agree with removing the shutters. You have beautiful shrubs and flowers. Have you ever considered window flower boxes?

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    11 months ago

I do not like blues with brick, I agree take the shutters off and I would paint the siding to work with the brick. This is my fave for color with brick but if you wanted to go a bit more modern a nice dark gray could work for the siding and the trim.I think a new front door would be ahuge bonus instead of the builders grade door one with a lot more glass .

• njmomma
    11 months ago

Agree with removing the shutters. Let the door be the star. Be careful with picking blue, in the sunlight it can read baby blue.

• cat_ky
    11 months ago

I would keep the shutters, they look like they belong on the house. Not all houses need shutters removed. I like the Darker color for the door, (The Williamsburg), and you could also go a shade or two darker than that. Its a very cute house.

• Maureen
    11 months ago
    last modified: 11 months ago

Left one could feel washed out (also suggest no shutters) and wythe 590 is a good choice in my opinion and is recommended with red brick.

Also consider updating light, mailbox/address and suggest only one large planter on the right.

• chloebud
    11 months ago

The Wythe Blue looks like a nice option with your brick. Agree with no shutters in this case.

• Wendy
    Original Author
    11 months ago

Thanks for suggestions; ive already taken the shutters down with the intention of painting them but will probably leave them off as suggested.
    Others have suggested I paint the siding but ill be DIY’ing the door; the siding is too large a project for me.
    And yes I love the flower box and it was one of the main reasons i bought the home - im in MI so planting season has just started 🌸🌺

• Wendy
    Original Author
    11 months ago

Just a follow up post; I went with Wythe Blue HC-143. I really love it! The color captures exactly what I was going for - modern, fun and unique. Thank you everyone!
    1st photo was last night as the sun was starting to set
    2nd photo is from this morning.