Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovemycorgi

Cute concrete birdbath at Lowe’s

I recently purchased this adorable concrete hummingbird birdbath at Lowe’s for under $55! I can’t remember if someone posted it here or on Facebook, but if it was here, thank you, it’s so cute and the price was right!

https://www.lowes.com/pd/27-in-H-Concrete-Complete-Birdbath/3691180

Comments (15)

• Cecily Grace zone6
    10 months ago

That is very pretty! I love the little place in the middle for insects and hummingbirds to perch and drink from. So often birdbath are completely unusable because of incorrect design, but this one is so nice! I got one from Lowe’s last year, but like this one better.

lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan thanked Cecily Grace zone6
  • rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a)
    10 months ago

I love the little place in the middle for insects and hummingbirds to perch and drink from

very true!

@lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan, just to confirm, is that your garden with the addition of the bird bath? That is a gorgeous pic.

(Too?) simple q...how does one fill/refill such a bath? Given that its concrete is it a bit problematic tipping it over enough to drain the leftover water to the side. And then you fill it up with water from a hose?

(How often do you clean a birdbath with a little soap?)

lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan thanked rouge21_gw (CDN Z5b/6a)
  • FrozeBudd_z3/4
    10 months ago

Very nice, been thinking of adding a birdbath! :)

lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan thanked FrozeBudd_z3/4
  • lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan
    Original Author
    10 months ago

Thanks, all!

Yes, I love the little raised center area also, I had been reading about how bees need something like that in order to safely drink from birdbaths, so I was thrilled to find this one at such a great price.

This birdbath is very heavy but very shallow, so to clean I guess I’ll just put the hose on high and spray out the old water. For a deeper cleaning, though though, I’m not sure.

Rouge, thank you, yes, that’s one of my little garden beds, which is still work in progress. I originally had ”Little Redhead” where to birdbath is, but I had to move it to more sun. The birdbath fits into this shady little space, though it’s a little crowded. We’ll see what I decide to move next spring. :-)

• cecily 7A
    10 months ago

That's a lovely photo, thanks for sharing.

lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan thanked cecily 7A
  • functionthenlook
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

I just flush the old water out with fresh water in my concrete fountain. The problem with bird baths are that they are breeding grounds for mosquitoes. Mosquitoes love to lay their eggs in stagnate water. I have a galvanized wash tub in my back garden as a water feature. I bought a small solar fountain from Amazon and have it on bubble. It moves the water just enough that the mosquitoes will not lay eggs, but calm enough that the birds will still drink from it.

lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan thanked functionthenlook
  • djacob Z6a SE WI
    10 months ago

I have a tiny angel statue on a garden shelf which has a small pool in front of the angel. I put some stones in it so pollinators can sip from it too.

debra

lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan thanked djacob Z6a SE WI
  • ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    10 months ago

thats what the center thingee if for.. who knew.. i mean besides you garden geeks.. lol..

lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan thanked ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
  • cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    10 months ago

I mentioned this somewhere else, but all you need to do is empty the bowl every day or so to avoid mosquito eggs from hatching. Actually, I think you have three days, but I dump and refill every day or every other day.

lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan thanked cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    Original Author
    10 months ago
    last modified: 10 months ago

Thank you, all, for your comments!

I never knew about the elevated center either until I did some reading about pollinators and their water needs. I do need to level my birdbath so it works as intended, and also have my hubs knock the casting flashing off the perimeter to tidy things up. But all in all, I’m very happy with this purchase and hope to see birds and pollinators using it soon.

• GardenHo_MI_Z5
    9 months ago
    last modified: 9 months ago

LMC I have this same bird bath : )

I bought mine years ago but started using the perch for my frog.

I have another birdbath that I placed a thick flat stone in as a perch. I’ve never seen the pollinators use it but birds sure love it!

lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan thanked GardenHo_MI_Z5
    Original Author
    9 months ago

GardenHo, that is so cute, I love it!! Was it one of your posts perhaps that inspired me to head to Lowe’s to purchase this birdbath? If so, thank you!

Honest to goodness, my memory has turned to cr@p since I entered into my fifties. How can I remember the lyrics to the dumbest of ’80’s songs but can’t remember the easiest of things sometimes? I don’t need to remember every Seinfeld episode, I need to remember where I left my flip-flops! 🤣

• GardenHo_MI_Z5
    9 months ago

Thank you and I did previously post it but not sure if that’s what inspired you lol.

I don’t have a problem with the flip flops…its the garden tools for me. I need to get doubles of everything. A set for front and back yards. The back is up a hill/stairs so I get lots of ‘extra’

exercise looking for my tools 🥴

lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan thanked GardenHo_MI_Z5
  • mzdee
    9 months ago

You can buy solar bird feeders that sit in the bird bath and keep the water moving.

lovemycorgi z5b SE michigan thanked mzdee