Software
Houzz Logo Print
avatar133

Is this the Packaging Reinforcement?

2 years ago

Quick question: is this two-piece plastic and dense foam block the "packaging reinforcement" that is supposed to be removed during installation, per the photo of the owners manual I've attached? Blomberg 98400 washer.


Longer explanation: we've had this washer for about four years and have always struggled with getting it balanced right so it doesn't jiggle out from its under-counter spot. Today with a heavy load of towels, it was out at least a foot at the end of the cycle. Frustrated (again), I tipped it back a few inches and propped it up so I could use a flashlight to see if the back legs were screwed out far. Looking underneath, I saw the plastic part of this thing sitting on the floor but extending up into a hole in the metal bottom plate of the washer. I could move the thing back up flush with the bottom but couldn't snap it into place so I pulled washer out further, took the piece out, and looked at the manual. Is it possible that this piece should have been removed during installation and the washer has been high-centering itself when spinning heavy loads ever since? From the wear on the foam block, it looks like that's a possibility. We even had a repairman out early on who said it was level and fine and I just couldn't do small loads or it would get off balance.






Comments (4)