Shop Products
hollie_johnson35

Oil Rubbed Bronze vs Matte Black

I know this question has been asked before but I am looking for a more recent opinion. The walls are light gray, master bedroom is going to have a darker gray accent wall. The guest bedrooms are a different darker shade with black semi-flush lights. What bathroom, kitchen, lighting fixtures would look better? ORB or Matte Black? I did purchase a matte black shower system for master but not concerned with it since it will be 'hidden' behind shower wall. TIA 😀

• last month

What is the door hardware going to be? Interior door style? Kitchen cabinet door type? ORB is more traditional and Matte Black more modern. Just my opinion.

Over time ORB will loose its finish and brighten up quite a bit, especially on fixtures that are constantly touched. I have used ORB on projects and within 6 years faucets, door knobs and handsets the bronze is much more apparent. This is something to keep in mind when making your selections for hardware. ORB on lighting fixtures is quite stable. You home style is traditional. I would look to oil rubbed bronze in a transitional or tradition style. As the previous comment stated you want to also consider the other hardware you will have in the rooms so it looks cohesive. For recessed downlights I prefer to have regressed fixtures with trim that blends in with the ceiling colour.

• last month

" Over time ORB will loose its finish and brighten up quite a bit, especially on fixtures that are constantly touched. "

I assumed that the OP was referring to a PVDF ORB which is a permanent finish, not a living finish and will not patina.