Software
Houzz Logo Print
tmravenhill

New rug, what do you think? Still contemplating returning it

13 years ago
Previously we had a pink rug but I was hoping to make the room more neutral, what do you think of the new greyer rug, do you think it works with the lounge and If its going to be suitable for three children?

Comments (18)

  • 13 years ago
    I like it. Having children myself i think designs tend to hide wear and tear better than a plain color. It might be a little on the light side. I'd return it if it was so expensive you wouldn't want to replace it in a few years. But if it was economical you could go for it
  • 13 years ago
    Is it big enough? Both pieces of furniture need to have their front legs on it.
  • 13 years ago
    Does it have to? Can the lounges frame it? I've just received back a quote for sisal rugs, so if I can exchange it I think I will, would you recommend I get it large enough for most of the lounge?
  • 13 years ago
    Are kids playing on this rug? Sisal is not very comfy for little ones crawling around.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks Abbyjean, my kids are all walking so it should be ok
  • 13 years ago
    I've just had a look at rug rules on here and I think I'll have a bit more of a thing about things. Thanks everyone :)
  • 13 years ago
    I'm struggling a bit with the rug/sofa color combo. What did you learn from the "rug rules"? I thought it was OK to have no legs on (as you do), but more common to have front legs or all legs on.
  • 13 years ago
    As beautiful as this rug is, on my monitor the colour doesn't work with your furniture. Also, it "reads" properly only from one side, the left (vertical branches). I suggest looking for a beige rug with a subdued blue pattern, which would tone with your cushions. This one looks more grey to me.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Yes it looks grey to me also! I would go for a bit of colour to brighten the room! and move the sofas off the wall a little to bring the room together!
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Although it is a pretty rug, given your brown sofa, I would rather see something in the very pale brown family (tan, green, blue, orange, caramel, and variations of those).
  • 13 years ago
    Believe me I try to move the couches off the wall however kids and hubby seem to flop down in them so hard they slide back. Also, there is a tile fire on the left blocking me from moving the two seater any further. I'm returning the grey rug in the morning and I've managed to find some sisal rugs instead, do you think that'll go better?
  • 13 years ago
    Here's an ideabook on rug rules and breaking them :)
    http://houzz.com/ideabooks/222609
  • 13 years ago
    No not with 3 kids. Your couches are taupe and the rug doesn't really compliment. Plus, imagine grape Kool-aide spilled...so go darker for now. Add light bright pillows to the sofa. Go with the sisal.
  • 13 years ago
    I'm glad you're returning the rug. I usually like gray and tan together, but those two colors were fighting a bit. Thanks for the rug rules Sam - I remember reading that a while back.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks everyone, I returned the grey rug and am ordering a jute blend rug which is softer than sisal to fit the room, very economical as well. Thanks again
  • 13 years ago
    thats the gud idea
  • 13 years ago
    It sounds perfect in every way!!!