Software
Houzz Logo Print
dianela7analabama

Please help identify

6 months ago

Found these at my local lowes. Interesting color and nice looking foliage. Cant figure out what rose it is supposed to be and didnt buy it. I dont like unknowns.






Comments (12)

  • 6 months ago

    Dianela, buy it! It's gorgeous and I want it. What a stunning rose in a unique color. And it's driving me crazy because I've seen that rose before. I hope someone here IDs it, but meanwhile, take a chance and buy it. Diane

    dianela7analabama thanked Diane Brakefield
  • 6 months ago

    I just googled Dewar's nurseries and looked at all kinds of their products and websites, and didn't see this rose. I searched for an orange hybrid tea at Dewar, though the color of this rose is not a true orange, but sort of a unique in between color. Very subtle. I hope you have better luck than I did. Next up will be checking out Lowe's. Diane

    dianela7analabama thanked Diane Brakefield
  • 6 months ago

    I hope my local Low's is carrying this beauty.


    dianela7analabama thanked Ken Wilkinson
  • 6 months ago

    The closest I could find in color was good old Easy Does It, which isn't a hybrid tea and isn't a match, anyway. Jump For Joy is sorta, kinda like it, but too light in color.

    Below are old pics of my Easy Does It.



    dianela7analabama thanked Diane Brakefield
  • 6 months ago

    Yes, here I am again. I think Desert Sky is the closest match. It's a Meilland. Edwards carried it a few years ago, and I almost bought it. Check it out on HMF.

    dianela7analabama thanked Diane Brakefield
  • 6 months ago

    Peak performance is not the rose at lowes. It may be the rose pictured on the tag but it is not correct.

  • 6 months ago

    Diane IT IS Desert Sky. The pictures match the blooms perfectly the subtle interesting variation in tones from brick red to mauve. That is it. I will check into its disease resistance next.

  • 6 months ago
    last modified: 6 months ago

    Diane I meant to write a post to show you the other thing I found. I hope the label is correct. Looks a bit pale, but both tags including the plastic at the bottom of the canes match. What do you think?







  • 6 months ago

    Dianela, only the middle bloom might be Abbaye de Cluny. The other two blooms look too yellow. I'll post a few blooms of my Abbaye, which is def the real McCoy. Diane



    dianela7analabama thanked Diane Brakefield
  • 6 months ago

    There's some variation due to heat, time of the season, and time of day I took the pic. The first bloom below is kind of burned from heat. The blooms are very large, and so is the rose plant. It's a continuous bloomer.







    dianela7analabama thanked Diane Brakefield
  • 6 months ago
    last modified: 6 months ago

    Diane both the yellow and peachy bloom were on the same plant. They had 3 and I took them just in case it turns out to be Abbaye. I will plant them and eagerly wait to see what it does. I love yellows also so if it isnt I will keep it as long as the foliage holds.


Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner