Software
Houzz Logo Print
mycraftwork

Favorite Luxury Moroccan Sconce design.

12 years ago
last modified: 12 years ago
Hello Houzz members!
Just running a quick poll to see what Luxury Sconce designs resonate the most with Designers and Houzz users in general. All are expertly handmade in our ateliers in Morocco by the most talented craftsmen our country has to offer!
We attached 3 of our beautiful designs below, please pick one.
Thank you.
www.mycraftwork.com

Comments (53)

  • 12 years ago
    I love them all, but yes the circular one is a dazzling piece. The other two would have wider application.
    MyCraftWork, LLC thanked Rina
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I agree with all of you that the circular piece is gorgeous. The first piece was used by many of my clients in their bedrooms in a set of two. The second piece is aesthetically appropriate for outdoor use, as long as the client is conformable placing something of this value outside their house :-)
    Tao.
  • 12 years ago
    I can't resist this. A few years ago I got a bit of a passion for drawing rooms using Paint. They're not about decor, they're about the story ... I thought this one was the entrance to a Moroccan restaurant, a place where trysts and long luxurious evenings were enjoyed. Just for fun, then. (Yes, I'm sure it's not authentic -- just fun from my head.) It's quite a wide picture, you'll have to hover your cursor on the pic to see my little light fixture on the right. :)
    MyCraftWork, LLC thanked Rina
  • 12 years ago
    They are all gorgeous. Love the 'special effects' :-)
    MyCraftWork, LLC thanked Carolina
  • 12 years ago
    Oh crumbs, I can't see it even if I hover my cursor. I'll make it smaller.
    MyCraftWork, LLC thanked Rina
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Love it Rina, great work! Amazing that you actually did it with just "Paint"! :)
  • 12 years ago
    Thank you. :-) I'm a bit shy about my rooms but this one wanted to be here. Good luck with your beautiful lights.
    MyCraftWork, LLC thanked Rina
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Very welcome Rina!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Thanks to y'all for expressing your opinions! :)
  • 12 years ago
    The small scone #1 is probably most practical, the round one #3 is beautiful - one of those pieces that make one happy to look at everyday.
    MyCraftWork, LLC thanked Angela Mosier
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Thank you for your comment @ae2ga! :)
  • 12 years ago
    Love them all!!!
  • 12 years ago
    I love no1 with the up and down light effect. It could be used in so many rooms. Your craftsmen are very clever!!!!!!!
    MyCraftWork, LLC thanked Alison Davis( was Asbury)
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Clever and talented! Thanks Alison, glad you like our work! :)
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    I love them all. It really depends on the area the lighting will be installed. For simple filtered light I prefer the circular fixture. For absolute drama the cylinder shape. I like the way the light reflects on the wall. The oblong sconce has beautiful detailing in the metal work. Great designs!
    MyCraftWork, LLC thanked Design With Distinction, LLC
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Thank you so much for your comment Debi! I'm all about the details as well, that's why I have a true appreciation for this amazing work. I have a very descriptive picture that shows how these gorgeous pieces are actually made - it's using different thickness jewelers saws for different detail complexities. As the details get more complex, a thinner saw/needle is used to cut them out, and these needles are replaced almost every 20 minutes since they get dull easily (Here's the link ==> http://www.pinterest.com/pin/198228821070269597/).
    A lot of artisans in other countries (Egypt, India etc) are trying to copy this Moroccan metalwork craftsmanship, but they fail miserably, and they just end up puncturing holes in metal. I'm all for my country inspiring others, but I don't like it when they call something "Moroccan" when it has been cheaply and poorly made elsewhere...
    Hope this helps.
  • 12 years ago
    They are all gorgeous. I love the decor setting in the third picture.
    MyCraftWork, LLC thanked nadine_elkabash
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    That was taken in Morocco Nadine. Lovely vase.
  • 12 years ago
    Omg. They are beautiful. Please send me catalogue. I like rose window and egg shape
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    You can email me for a catalogue Josie. Thanks.
  • 12 years ago
    The round sconce is gorgeous, but I like the shadow casting effects on the first one as well...
    Antoine.
  • 12 years ago
    I love the third one. I wish I could justify that kind of investment right now.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Maybe in the future! :-) @piratefoxy
  • 12 years ago
    The first one is heavenly. i love the reflections off the wall.
    MyCraftWork, LLC thanked melanie1982
  • 12 years ago
    how this friendz?????????
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    You can also go to our website to view our products www.lampsqueen.com from Calif Engineering Private Limited :-)
  • 12 years ago
    You should have did a actual poll on here. But I think the circular one is gorgeous! (:
    MyCraftWork, LLC thanked cmr2013
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Thanks Melanie & cmrang!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Always teaming up with the best in the industry! Here's a teaser picture from the Antoine Proulx Luxury Galerie in Scottsdale, Arizona. We're launching in a few days...
  • 12 years ago
    I will be in AZ in a week. I will try to stop by the Proulx Galerie.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    This is only the first shipment, it's about 21 pieces of Luxury Ceramics, lighting and handthrown pottery.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    cool, now where to use them??
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Anywhere except outdoors! Na seriously, for sconces we typically coat them with a protective layer for water proofing.
  • 12 years ago
    My fave is the first one, mostly because of the lovely light pattern it casts.
  • 12 years ago
    I second @pixyolive. The reflections of that first sconce are very beautiful.
  • 12 years ago
    disk shaped sconce is my fav!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    @MichaelLee How about this setting? I love it!!
  • 12 years ago
    I like #2! Very pretty!
  • 12 years ago
    where can we purchase these?
    MyCraftWork, LLC thanked Mehwish Amin
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Hi Mehwish, Antoine Proulx in Arizona carries a few lantern "samples" if you would like to see the quality of our work. If you want anything custom (sconces included) you'd have to order directly from me - You can email me.
    Thanks!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Our Aged Brass cylindrical chandelier at the Antoine Proulx Luxury Galerie in Scottsdale, AZ.
  • 12 years ago
    Lovely fixture.
  • 12 years ago
    Gosh, how many times have I heard (on the bus, at a party, in a park) "what's your favorite luxury Moroccan sconce design" lol. No place but houzz! I love this site!
  • 12 years ago
    What kind of light bulbs go into that tubular chandelier?
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Emily,
    We used standard base light bulbs for that piece. We also do LEDs, but it really depends on the client's application.
    Thanks.
  • 12 years ago
    Thanks!
  • 12 years ago
    Love that first one!
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    This is gorgeous! Meg.
  • 11 years ago
    Pretty!
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Kent Drake, HMR Designs.

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz