Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hly2002

Pot rack vs open shelves vs cabinet

hly2002
10 years ago
This is a supplement to my help me with final kitchen decision discussion. Interested in input from people who have had experience with pot racks near the stove. Do hanging pots get greasy just from proximity? I will most likely have a recirculating hood over the range (exhaust hood not viable). I'm debating functionality with aesthetics as well - will having 2 walls lined with cabinets narrow my small galley too much, or present a nice sleek line? Will having at least the pot rack on one wall be a good thing aesthetically, breaking up the symmetry, or be out of place, breaking up the symmetry? I've been considering putting the microwave on a shelf, but I really have sufficient counterspace for prep, and would prefer to use that space for more storage, be it open shelves (another option - for various cooking oils in pretty bottles, various nuts and dried fruits in mason jars....) the pot rack or another cabinet....perhaps I should just go with the pot rack, and then if it doesn't really work out, I can install a cabinet?

Comments (5)