Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tkeshika

Any past experience with Teka kitchen appliances?

tkeshika
10 years ago
Hi all, I am about to by Teka kitchen appliances, does any of you had it before or heard any good/bad things about the company equipment? Other option I have is Whirpool. Now I got a bit confused, because internet reviews mention Teka is manufactured in Turkey and is very crap. Would appreciate if you can share your experience.

Thanks in advance

Comments (26)

• aliceandpaul
    8 years ago

I am afraid i have to disagree, I have a combination of Teka and Kuppersbusch appliances (who I am told are the same company?), and have only had one problem in 6 years. I was frustrated with Teka over an induction cooker top which tripped the electrics from day one, after a visit from an engineer , i was told that this was not a Teka fault..in fact it was the kitchen company in Manchester's electrician's fault. Apparently induction cooker tops required a thicker cable. I got this replaced eventually by the kitchen fitting company and everything has been great since. Teka did not even bill me for the false engineer call. :-)

• cfiedelleck
    7 years ago

What about Teka dishwashers?

• David Teasdel
    7 years ago

We have just had a new kitchen fitted with Teka appliances throughout. The fridge, freezer, microwave and dishwasher are OK (and that's as far as I'll go with them), but the oven is terrible. It is a DH888 double oven and even if it hadn't been supplied with a control panel fault I would still have rejected it. It's a terrible design. The controls are such that you can only see the selected settings if you are over 6' tall. The oven racks have an annoying lip on them that makes taking hot dishes out positively tricky, and the grill pan handle is worse than useless. The grill pan itself doesn't come with its own rack: instead an oven shelf fits in the pan. At least, it does until you want to put it under the grill, when the shelf and pan won't fit on the same runners meaning that the food sits on an oven shelf with the grill pan on a separate runner beneath it. Oh, the endless hours of fun we had trying to grill sausages without leaving fat all over the oven door or on the kitchen floor.

Avoid this brand. It's overpriced tat.

• Andreea Susanu
    7 years ago
    We've had the worst experience ever. We have purchased NFL 430 inox freezer, HL850 oven, EFX 90 hob, DH2 90 hood, DW1 605 dishwasher.
    At first there was a problem with delivery. They first delivered us another freezer, but managed to solve this quickly.
    All the products mentioned above are said to be made with stainless steel but there is nothing stainless about it. There isnt a single household product that could clean the surface without leaving stains. We've tried everything! And I mean everything! We have even called Teka Romania to ask them what products should be used for cleaning without leaving stains and they have sent us free of cost a metal polishing paste which i doubt can be used on a daily/weekly basis.
    Furthermore, the hob is the most dissapointing applince. We dont cook very often and we try to always keep a very very clean kitchen by cleaning the appliances after we use them but even water leaves stains on the hob and it has a very easy to scratch surface. It takes more time to clean the hob then to cook. After 1 month of use some unremovable stains started to appear as you can see in the attached photos. Please note that we havent spilled anything on it.
    The hrydoclean option of the oven doesnt work as it advertised. I have attached photos after trying to hydroclean my oven. It doesnt work
    The freezer doesnt have an alarm if you forget it opened.
    It is the first experience with Teka and it will be our last. Poor quality!
    I personally prefer Franke because it is in the same price range.
  • Nysya sya
    6 years ago

I have bad experience with TEKA too, a stove on my hob stop working. The repairman said that water drop on it when it was so hot. and my hood stop working due to board failure. both spare parts were so costly.

• Berlina Lim
    6 years ago
    Stay away from Teka appliances for sure! Bought Teka oven & stove and after only 2-3 years both giving me issues. The electronic panel on the oven not working and my oven kept getting shut off. The stove ignition not working well. Essentially, my first and last time with Teka! After sales service meh too
  • John Baker
    6 years ago

Very BAD oven .. Does not do what is advertised... and sales / service department , does not reply to emails .... purchase any other brand ...

• Janet Dawdry
    5 years ago

I have recently had a new kitchen fitted by what we now know is a pretty bad company, they fitted a TEKA hob and after one day usage it cracked....TEKA said that I have hit the thing without even sending an engineer, I sent a photo and he insisted.....that I had damaged it. The Kitchen company Premier Kitchens of Los Montesinos will not help us at all so I am stuck with it. My advice is don't touch TEKA

• Michael Yip
    4 years ago

I bought a Teka microwave 1 year + ago and in average use less than 1 min a day. After that, it was not heating and I call Teka agent who sent their technician. First, they say is the fuse got burnt due to electrical shortage; then they say need to replace the Transformer, HV Capacitor, nosie filter and magnetron and all together will cost me $500+. Feel very frustrated!

• berlinalim
    4 years ago

I have the Teka oven, stove top and cooking hood and I have to agree to avoid this brand. Sucks big time and overly priced! Can get other brands at cheaper prices with same functionality. The only credit I give to them is the stainless steel double sink.

• HU-922027481
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I bought a teka oven HL870, and in 2 yrs it has broken down three times. First two occasions were due to a spoiled powerboard and this third time, a failed thermostat. I won't be repairing, and will look for a new oven.

• HU-137709593
    4 years ago

My dishwasher has just broken down for the first time in 14yrs. My cooker lasted 12yrs as well.

• HU-382864164
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I bought a TEKA dishwasher and it is the worst dishwasher I have experienced: it very often does not clean cups, dishes and cutlery well, even if they are rinsed before and putting the machine to work immediately. Drying is a problem as well. It doesn't matter which program I use, the contents stay moist. Had a technician here who told me not to use salt and the rinsing liquid when using all-in-one tablets. Did not make any difference. I deeply regret to have bought a TEKA. I take it that TEKA is only interested in selling products, good or bad. I should have read the comments before bying a TEKA equipment. A lesson well learned.

• HU-838534446
    3 years ago

Very poor clientele service and poor quality appliances. After 3 months my full stainless oven began to rust. Called them twice and they never came!

• Hairfiber fiber
    3 years ago

Requested a dishwasher repair in March. Still waiting for an engineer as they state they have been out of engineers and communication is slow. I have been passed to their Spanish company for parts; I've been using Google translate to communicate with them as they email me in Spanish. Hopefully they'll let me know if the parts are available. I'll have to find my own engineer to carry out the repair if they can confirm parts are available. Water recirculation pump has stopped working but major parts appear impossible to locate anywhere for machines over a certain age. These machines are not built to last and have a shelf life like most appliances these days, and then you'll probably need to buy a new one.

• Denis Haman
    3 years ago

Have a Teka gas range, bought it 1,5 years ag, yes 18 months. It’s supposed to be stainless steel. But after a few months started rusting and rusting more. Called Teka and the store nobody came. Many calls after, they finally came. That’s 9 months after my first jcall.

3 guys came

and told me it isn’t rust. That it comes from the glue left

from the plastic wrapper. So they used oil to clean my oven.

Then took pictures and told me it was too late and a technician had to come to

unwrap it. No warranty

They left and I am

here mad as

hell and will

never ever buy Teka again

• HU-514650463
    3 years ago

you are mixing Teka and Beka

Beka is a good Turkish brand, Teka is the brand to avoid

4 Teka appliances in my kitchen

beautiful, with high mechanical quality ( originally German) but crap electronic from spain ( Teka is a soanish brand now)

i had to repair time and again , changes more than 3 times all circuit board) expensive)

even the clock cannot keep properly the time ( +30 mins per month....)

Stay awsy!

• Warren Hair
    2 years ago

I have to say to stay away as well! the glass on my oven broke upon installation and trying to get a service rep to even take interest in my issue is a nightmare! they avoid me, haven't bothered to send the quote to repair it and all out just don't care about me ..... avoid them and go with someone else.

• Peter Whitty
    2 years ago

Teka Dishwasher: I've been trying to get lower basket for Delph and cutlery without any support from Teka.

Calls during the pandemic were routed through a non-answering voicemail and calls to their Dublin office are never returned - what an outfit !!

As for their UK set-up; you will be offered a chat show by which you will be diverted to an "expert " at a charge and with no satisfaction.

How do they survive in business 🤔

• HU-180620813
    last year

Teka oven is also a crappy product. Cooling fans get earth leakage problem and hard to buy spares in Malaysia

• Anthony DiTommaso
    last year

Absolute garbage

• HU-730925874
    last year

Agreed. Absolute garbagegarbagegarbage

• HU-237080910
    9 months ago

Hello. These reviews are really strange. Had my Teka kitchen many, many years 18 in fact and have not had one bother. Very strange !!

• Elbanco Vinorama
    7 months ago

The WORST consumer customer support i've ever seen. I bought a Teka fridge, and the bottle tray, arguably the most important tray in the fridge, broke within a month. I reached out so many times to get customer service, and got nothing but static, as in, no reply.... DO NOT BUY!

• HU-820621232
    3 months ago

I've had a Teka microwave, oven and induction hob for 12 years. The hob was fine no problems. The microwave was OK except the gadget at the bottom that the turntable fits onto broke twice. I was able to get replacement off the internet easily. The double oven was very small. Couldn't get a turkey in the bottom oven and the top oven barely big enough to put a dish in. Go for the better well-known makes.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio