Software
Houzz Logo Print
clara57

Warning! Plushie overload!

12 years ago
I have a truckload of plush! Nobody tell me I need to get rid of a bunch because I'm not. Storage help please.

Comments (19)

  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Either stuff them in a wire chair a la Campana brothers or hang them in a string hammock
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    I'm still confused as to why boys in their teens and men think girls in their teens and women want stuffed toys. I remember the day I'd finally had it with my ex husband. I grabbed up those ghastly things, tossed them in the trash and shouted "I m a strong, successful woman! I do not enjoy "toys" as gifts, I am an adult and enjoy adult gifts! It's time for YOU to leave and it's time for these d@mn stuffed toys to leave! GO" ....yeah, well his response was "couldn't you have donated them to charity?" UGH!
  • 12 years ago
    But adult toys can be fun.....
  • 12 years ago
    correct.. ADULT toys.... ;o) I stand corrected. I SHOULD have donated them. It was a moment of anger after 4 years of pretending to think they were heartfelt gifts that were received well and cherished. Should have nipped that one in the bud at the onset....
  • 12 years ago
    20/20 hindsight and all that.
  • 12 years ago
    Spacebags & suck the air out.

    Hey...where did Clara go??
  • 12 years ago
    depends how you want them, you could get them displayed on shelving - in this pic, its very interesting- looks like a chair rail, its very deep to have storage for such plushies. -
    Girl's bedroom · More Info
  • 12 years ago
    I am not older then 12. It would be nice to sort them some how?
  • 12 years ago
    By color by shape? Any ideas? My Plush are mostly animals, I have 1 plush puppet( which is a turkey( whose name is Imcara,( did I spell it correctly?) which is the capital city of Turkey.) and 1 plush strawberry. They aren't very similar in shape nor color.
  • 12 years ago
    You can get a Boon animal bag or two. They can be filled with stuffies and become bean bag chairs when filled. They protect your stuffies and are washable too. My daughters each have one.
  • 12 years ago
    here are some creative inspirations_
    these are shelves each displaying you plush - you could get that on one wall- shelves should be deep enough,
    My Houzz: Toys and Art Make Merry in a Texas Home · More Info

    these are storage bands on the wall, also quite cute
    My Houzz: The Perpetual Reno · More Info

    Traditional Kids · More Info

    this would look fabulous! of course, different colours, some buttons maybe on each corner, ribbons, wow!
    Contemporary Family Room · More Info

    you can also simply put them at your window seat, storage cubbies, etc. hope that inspired you!
  • 12 years ago
    Hi Clara, the capital of Turkey is Ankara. :)
    I like the plushies in the chest at the foot of the bed, as in the pic at the bottom left that interiordesignme posted. Also the chair as suggested by AVS Interiors.
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    How about a hammock hung up close to the ceiling?
  • 12 years ago
    sew a curtain ring on each one and hang them all over the walls.
  • 12 years ago
    I like the boon animal bag idea! Where can I get one?
  • 12 years ago
    Google it...
  • 12 years ago
    Hi Clara, here are some great BIG bins to put all your plush. You can find it at www.hooplaroom.com. They are fun, colorful and sturdy!
  • 12 years ago
    Amazon has the Boon animal bags, although they're smaller than what we purchased 8 years ago. Also try Ebay. There are competitors now to choose from though, also found at Amazon. The Berry Storage Bean Bag chairs look promising (also machine washable), and they come in various sizes and colors. Good luck!