Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bbgethk

Advice needed for living room and kitchen (open concept)

9 years ago
I would love to hear if anyone of you have some good advise for my first time design thanks!

Comments (8)

• 9 years ago
    I think it looks bright and airy but there is a lot of beige and white so maybe add more color on the table (more colorful flowers or centerpiece), a throw or more pillows on the sofas and chair, and more colorful additions in the kitchen as well. Little pops of color will make a huge difference!
  • 9 years ago
    I really like that it is airy and there is a lot of beige, white, and gray. Another option would be to continue to bring in objects with more texture keeping things neutral. You could add throws, furry pillows and patterned pillows, etc. You've really done a nice job on your first time design! Love your shag rug....The addition of a coffee table and a side or round table in between the 2 sofas would be nice. Look at "neutral living roooms" on Houzz for more ideas.
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago
    Beautiful use of neutral colors -- very fresh. I agree that a few pops of color would give it just the right amount of contrast and would start by replacing the art over the television with something that ties in the red pillows. I would also add a coffee table or ottoman at the center of the sofa grouping and side tables by the sofa/chairs. Keeping fresh flowers in red or an accent in red, such as a glass vase or bowl would give you those color pops. Here's visuals for art, large ottoman and accent.

Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
    bbgethk thanked Thos. Baker
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Here's coffee and side table images.

Christi, on behalf of Thos. Baker
  • PRO
    9 years ago

The garbage bin next to the sofa needs to be somewhere else, it does not belong here. Love the neutral palette colors and the furniture arrangement. Pops of color perhaps blue and yellow will make your design stand out more. Definitely a coffe table and end table will complete your design. The chair and love seat have to touch the edges of the rug. What about a plain gray wall paper on the fireplace to accentuate and contrast the neutral tones on the walls? Overall is a great design!

bbgethk thanked R.A.M.M. Painting & Remodeling
  • 9 years ago

lamp table next to sofa with red art glass and lamp with red accents. Also DR table needs red centerpiece, art glass or flowers. What about an interesting tapestry throw for the sofa? You need art and accents to give it character. Go on a great trip and spend some time finding accessories to remind you of your experience...

• 9 years ago

also, what about white shutters on your windows?

bbgethk thanked babs598