Software
Houzz Logo Print
tmirau

How were you able to mount the TV so low/close to fireplace? What brand/model of fireplace is it?

14 years ago
I'm looking to do something very similar but every fireplace I find has a minimum clearance of 36" above the fireplace before any combustible material can be installed. Doesn't your shelving behind the TV (and the TV itself) get too hot from the fireplace?
Living Room + Fireplace + Built-in Cabinet Detail · More Info

Comments (5)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    If you're looking for ambiance from your fireplace and not a whole lot of heat, you might want to consider an electric fireplace. I scoffed to myself at the idea of an electric fireplace until I saw the one made by Dimplex. It's a fabulous 50" wide one one that I used recently in an upscale condo remodel. Take a look at this weblink: http://www.qsnelectricfireplaces.com/p-201-dimplex-50-built-in-linear-electric-fireplace-blf50.aspx?gclid=CM2olY2FuLECFeSMTAodtAUAfA
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Thanks for your questions! I've installed a TV above the fireplace in over 10 homes and have never had an issue with it. This particular fireplace is a Montigo (I've used Heat n Glo also) and it was installed according to there specs although I can't remember the exact distance. Where the difference might be is if the vent goes up and through the ceiling, but in all of my installs it's been a direct vent unit directly to the outside straight behind the fireplace. In this instance I did make sure there was a blower installed on the fireplace so most of the radiant heat is blown forward. It's ran for hours with no problems. Hope this helps.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    EcoSmart Fire's ethanol fueled fireplaces require only a few inches clearance between the top of the firebox and the TV. Plus, ethanol doesn't require ventilation so your installation and surrounding decor options are much greater. The spacing between the TV and the firebox in the photo would have been smaller had the client not included the little niche for the speaker.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    @ecosmart fire I would love info on selling your product in my store, and on my website, PoshHaus.com
  • 14 years ago
    Happy to get information to you and would be interested in talking about forming a relationship. Feel free to email me at pete@ecosmartfire.com. I look forward to hearing from you.