Software
Houzz Logo Print
remodnani

My Wine Bar!

14 years ago
Originally a 1990's built in desk transformed by adding 5" to height, panel doors, bottom skirt and interior wine rack. It was further enhanced with a custom paint and glaze by Garner Specialty Finishes, copper and marble back splash and copper knobs. It is stunning!

This is just a small piece of an overall renovation designed by DeCocco Designs.

Comments (24)

  • PRO
    14 years ago
    very nice! beautiful transformation
  • 14 years ago
    Thank you Jacqueline. This was a "budget friendly and green" project and we are thrilled with the result.
  • 14 years ago
    Love it!!
  • 14 years ago
    Thank you Emily, me too!
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    THANKS LYNN,,, CALL US ANYTIME FOR ANY OTHER PROJECTS ,IT WAS A PLEASURE WORKING WITH YOU : ERIC AND CELLY
  • 14 years ago
    Thanks Eric and Celly; will be calling soon as we move upstairs. Love everything you did for us and will be posting more later. So happy we found you.
  • PRO
    14 years ago
    Thumbs up!
  • 14 years ago
    Thanks PoshHaus!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Lovely!!!
    Lynn Alker thanked purehome
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    so it is possible to repurpose large pieces? :) I'm seriously thinking of redoing the tv cabinet into a liquor cabinet..if only I could figure out where I would put a flat screen tv!! no walls!!!! I guess we could get one of those really ugly mount things they use in hospitals :) :)

    your new cabinet looks very nice!!
    Lynn Alker thanked mousemaker
  • 12 years ago
    Good job!
    Lynn Alker thanked decoenthusiaste
  • 12 years ago
    If you are in the Triangle area of NC, be sure to check out Eric and Celly at Garner Specialty Finishes---superb work. They just refinished a table for me I need to post.

    Thanks everyone!!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Love it - great repurpose of that cabinetry!
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Love the new look. It is up to date and adds pizazz to a very tired cabinet.
  • 7 years ago

    IMPORTANT UPDATE- I can no longer recommend GARNER SPECIALTY FINISHES Eric and Celly completely botched a refinish on a very expensive Baker Cabinet I hired them to simply change the stain color on. My furniture has gouges, nicks, saw scrapes, tool marks. The finish has dust particles and the doors aren’t aligned or closing properly. They have NO insurance coverage for this project and refuse to compensate me for my loses. I have worked with them on small items since my renovation (see glowing review above) but the quality, respect and professionalism is no longer there. I will never use or recommend again. Proceed with caution - verify insurance. Very upsetting and disappointing.




    H


  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Wonderful job!!!

  • 7 years ago

    The Baker Low Fluted Cabinet #3400 is a gorgeous iconic piece of furniture. The work that Garner Specialty Finishes did on it is NOT wonderful. That photo is from across the room.

  • 7 years ago
    Lynn, Another furniture repair can fix that. Check in your area with a furniture store that sells high end pieces and see who they use. I was told they use like a heat iron and that will raise the wood where it was dented.
    Lynn Alker thanked motupeg
  • PRO
    7 years ago

    I'm so sorry you had this recent experience with Garner Specialty Finishes--especially when you've been such a good customer of theirs! It looks just awful.

  • 7 years ago

    Yes motupeg I’ve researched and found a reputable company that can repair and restore the damage. It is expensive but necessary -this cabinet is top quality thank you for commenting

    I know Anne- we trusted them and valued their work

    We have referred many friends too- hoping they don’t have issues- We will feel so badly-


  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Now time to fill it up!

  • 7 years ago

    I think you missed my point with this post- the good work done on that wine bar 6 years ago has been detracted from and overshadowed by the horrendously inept workmanship recently done by this same company, Garner Specialty Finishes of Apex NC. They damaged my furniture requiring $4k+ in restoration which they refuse to compensate me for. Their insurance company denied the claim stating they are not covered. I do not want anyone else to be put in this situation that has cost me money, energy and time since June 2018 - I have had to file a lawsuit- it is important to verify insurance- every time you work with someone. We have trusted this company and used and recommended them over the years - no questions asked.