Software
Houzz Logo Print
hgrada

15 years ago
I really appreciated Decordemons recent post about navajo style! maybe someone can offer me some help? I've some really beautiful, colorful paintings I picked up in Taos. I'd love to make them the centerpiece of my dining room, which I'd like to paint a crisp grey. I'm having trouble finding a table style that could work. To make it tougher, my dining room is open to the kitchen, which has white cabinets and black granite and black and stainless appliances. I was thinking of a pretty monochromatic scheme accentuated with pops of color (provided by these and 2 painting purchase on my honeymoon) and perhaps a colorful rug. I can't decide if I could work a sort of modern-southwestern feel here or not. The room is 10 by 13, has a cathedral ceiling with a skylight, and french doors leading to a large covered patio opposite the kitchen. This is my first house -it's beautiful but I'm overwhelmed and would appreciate any advice!