Software
Houzz Logo Print
abick2

Is is possible to change retaining wall color?

11 years ago

My retaining walls went up. Once again, I am not sure wtf I was thinking when selecting the color. It doesn't go with my house color scheme. I should have done sand. What are my options at this point? Concrete stain? Can anything make it lighter and tone it down? If I do the same color pavers (flash brown), Will that tie it in or make it worse? Thanks as always!

Comments (18)

  • 11 years ago

  • 11 years ago

    Hope you can figure out a solution you're happy with. We just had our retaining wall installed, and our builder recommended putting knockout roses on top and letting them cascade. No dead heading. Maybe that could be your last resort...


    abick2 thanked golfergirl29
  • 11 years ago

    I would suggest landscaping first before committing to stain. Maybe play around staining some scraps just to see what you come up with. It's certainly possible that when all the elements are in place, the color is not going to feel as off to you as it does now. Landscaping has a way of pulling things together.

    abick2 thanked DLM2000-GW
  • 11 years ago

    what color pavers would you recommend?

  • 11 years ago

    The trouble with waiting until landscaping is that it gets harder to work around it if you do decide to change it.

  • 11 years ago

    Lime wash it.

  • 11 years ago

    live_wire_oak, what is lime wash? Is that a type of paint?

  • 11 years ago

    Do you think this blend of grey/beige would look better with my house?

  • 11 years ago

  • 11 years ago

    or this solid sand color?

  • 11 years ago

    abick2, unencumbered by any sense of or experience in color coordination, my personal preference is the first one because it picks up the grey on your house.

    abick2 thanked golfergirl29
  • 11 years ago

    Nice color, but I feel that it's too light to be practical. Will it end up looking dirty all the time?

  • 10 years ago
    Hey Hunny, I couldn't help but notice in one of your post the beautiful floor plans of your home. We feel like it's so well though out and functional. Would you be so kind to share the pdf of your plans, I would be so indebted. My husband and I haven't found an inspiration yet and you plans is stunning. If so I can be reached at fatima_n@hotmail.com.
    Ps I live in Canada so you don't need to worry about is being Neighbours :) TIA
    abick2 thanked fnasser
  • 10 years ago

    I am away. I will email you once I get back. Thanks for the kind words.

  • 10 years ago

    It looks fine to me.

    abick2 thanked User
  • 10 years ago

    I would email color expert Maria Killam at http://www.mariakillam.com/ right away and hire her to help you with this. She could give you a solid opinion and solution in about three minutes.

  • 10 years ago

    I think the lighter brick that you posted looks great and matches the house color. The red brick just doesn't seem to belong there.