Software
Houzz Logo Print
jiunyi

What colour sink for matte black kitchen cabinets?

8 years ago

Im looking to buy a Silgranit double sink for my island. I have a one walled kitchen with island and cabinets are soft matte black. There are two cabinet uppers, glass inserts in the doors, also a soft matte black Counter will be white quartz with minimal grey veining. Backsplash will be the same quartz.


The only thing in my island top is the sink. My faucet is Delta Trinsic in champagne bronze and drawer pulls/knobs will be along those lines.


Wondered which colour sink I should choose? Was looking at anthracite but is that too black? Should I go with metallic grey or white or cinder instead? Most pics I see have a white or ss sink.





Comments (14)

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    Get a single bowl, please.

  • 8 years ago

    I prefer the double because I use the sink for drying dishes that i dont want to dry myself and I dont want them to dry on the counter.

  • PRO
    8 years ago

    You are already going bold, do a black sink! It's going to be gorgeous!

    jaywyezee thanked Astonia Stone Artisans
  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    Single bowl anthracite. Washing and drying dishes is what a DW is for. It uses less water and effort than hand washing as well. Matte black shows ugly handprints and fingerprints far worse than any dish rack ever thought about being ugly.

  • 8 years ago

    Cupboards are on order and i love them in matte black regardless of how ugly you think they will ever be.

  • 8 years ago
    Use a black double sink ...gorgeous !
    jaywyezee thanked silviakunst
  • 8 years ago

    Single bowl in copper! You can't go wrong with that, plus it's antimicrobial if you buy a high quality one :)

    The contrast of rich copper and matte black cabinetry would be incredible!

    jaywyezee thanked Peyton M.
  • 8 years ago

    It sounds like you have enough going on. I would just do a stainless sink. I had to read your post a couple of times, but it sounds like you're doing a marble looking counter top so I think a black sink would be too much contrast against that.

    jaywyezee thanked cpaul1
  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    The cabbets will be fine. It’s just the fingerprints and smudges that will not be.

  • 8 years ago
    Cpaul1 , the OP mentioned that the faucet will be Champagne Bronze, as well as the cabinet pulls/knobs . I think you might have easily missed that when posting your suggestion of a stainless steel sink - because I know on my iPad those pictures went away as soon as the attachment ( which doesn’t link on the iPad) replaces the pictures. —- jaywyezee , I hope you have not decided to let some rude and negative activity on this forum keep you from revisiting this thread and all the other respectfully submitted posts . ( I can imagine it must feel infuriating, insulting and discouraging though . Don’t let it get to you .) ;-)
    jaywyezee thanked niccidhg
  • PRO
    8 years ago

    niccichg:


    I can't find any "rude and negative activity" on this thread.

  • 8 years ago
    Well, Joseph, then I think you are more thick skinned and less sensitive than I - which might be a good thing :) . It probably comes with your experience as a PRO .I just feel that the OP ‘s response to the suggestion that his newly ordered cabinetry risks looking uglier than a dish rack could ever be ugly ,spoke loud and clear ,and that he/she has not been present in the conversation since then . Fingerprints on black matte are a valid point - but, the way it was expressed sounded mean - spirited to me. But, that’s just me. I think people do weigh their options before making a choice. Maybe the poster is fastidious and chose his aesthetic over something he deemed negligible ,in light of the fact that knobs and pulls help . Maybe he didn’t even think about that - but, to bring across a consideration in such a crass way is assumptive and uncalled for imo.
  • 8 years ago

    IMO: go with the black :)

    jaywyezee thanked Cheryl Hannebauer