Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jlt37869

2018 November Lotto Block

jlt37869
5 years ago

The lotto is beginner friendly and is open to everyone!

November – Depression Block – 12" Finished/12.5" Unfinished Block – Scrappy Lights in Blue, Green, and Purple and Scrappy Darks in Blue, Green, and Purple (please use cool colors with good contrast between your lights and darks)

Depression Block Instructions

For those that are new to the lotto or those needing a refresher, please click the following link for the "at a glance" thread, which includes all the rules and information related to the 2018 lotto:

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/4954638/2018-block-lotto-at-a-glance?n=8

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Comments (17)

• Larri
    5 years ago

It's practically a quilt already! :) Rainy day here. Laundry's caught up and DH is laying low. I might actually get to go through my scraps and work on this delightful block. Happy Quilting, y'all!

• bev2009
    5 years ago

Too funny, Theresa. It's something I have done several times and ended up with 2 quilts. Don't as me how. All the blocks are so pretty!

• jlt37869
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Beautiful blocks, Theresa!

Bev2009 - I hope you are okay with repeating this block. Your quilt turned out so great and received so many nice comments that it seemed like a good idea to do it again!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    5 years ago

Theresa, Those blocks are awesome!!

• littlehelen_gw
    5 years ago

Bump......such a beautiful block!

• Karen S. (7b, NYC)
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Hi Folks,

Just popping in to say Happy Thanksgiving & share this gorgeous block w/ you all. While I wasn't part of any of the Lotto blocks on here, it happens I made one of these myself, They really should come w/ a danger warning that they can be VERY addictive!

Can't find my pix but I posted it on here, let me see.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/look-what-u-made-me-do-part-2-depression-blocks-the-reverse-dsvw-vd~2552619?n=3

So much fun, I wish you all as much fun as I had doing them, certainly something to be thankful for!

• littlehelen_gw
    5 years ago

Happy December everyone! For December we had two folks enter blocks...Jen and Theresa. We did eennie-meanie-minie-moe and Theresa is our November Winner! I’ll be mailing back all her beautiful blocks along with Jens gorgeous blocks.

Theresa, it was providence that you made all those extra blocks! They are coming back to you to make a beautiful quilt!

Thanks to all who participated in the 2018 lotto!

Ps. Sorry for the delay in mailing the November blocks. November was a difficult health month in our household on both the human and animal side; I was sick for most of the month, and then my DH felt left out and he got sick. We also lost one special little dog (so very sad for us) and then our second dog fell ill and was diagnosed with advanced heart valve disease. Thankfully the humans are finally on the road to recovery, and our second special four legged furry is holding his own with the help of modern meds. Whew....happy to welcome the holiday season!

Sew happy!

Valarie

• nannykins
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I have a suggestion! Divide the blocks by two and send half to Jennifer. She did a super job this year choosing and making the sample blocks. This would serve as a "thank you".

Thank you Val for all your work this year ( and others). Hope everyone is getting better by the day, both human and pet.

PS was I eeny, or meenie?

• Larri
    5 years ago

Glad you are all feeling better, four-legged and otherwise, Val! Thank you for all you did on the lotto this year. Hope to be a better participant in 2019!

• bev2009
    5 years ago

Val, I"m sorry you've had such a tough month. I hope December is much better for you.

• jlt37869
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Congrats, Theresa!

Sorry to hear about the health issues, Valarie. Hope you all are doing better and enjoying the holiday season!

• nannykins
    5 years ago

Val, the blocks arrived this morning.

Such postage rates. I am sure you are out of pocket quite a bit this year. Not fair!

And again, thank you for your involvement in the Lotto and for spearheading the BOM for 2019.

Theresa

• Larri
    5 years ago

Val, I'm happy to send you some extra $ to help cover postage expenses from this year's Lotto. Please let me know, as I just don't feel it's right for you to bear the postage burden alone.

PS...Speaking of postage, did y'all know the stamp rates are going up to 55¢ in January?

Get your 'Forever' stamps now!

• nannykins
    5 years ago

55 cents! Wow!

Our letter rate is 89 cents. And to send international jumps and jumps.

Theresa

• colleenoz
    5 years ago

Ours is $1 for a letter you don't mind taking 3 days to a week to arrive, but for faster service it's $1.50.

• littlehelen_gw
    5 years ago

Over the years I’ve done the lotto, the postage costs have balanced out. I always kept the $ submitted in a separate secret quilt cigar box....no additional $’s needed. Thanks for offering, all is good.