Software
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_newport

Advice needed on irregular sized pantry

7 years ago

The Pantry in my house is one reason I decided on my floor plan but today I found one side of it is 71" long and the other is 71.5" long.

I had wanted to replace the shelves with cabinets from Ikea which are 24" wide ( 24 x 3 = 72). The other options besides 24 are 18 and 15.


I'm trying to decide what to do.


Whether I take the sheet rock down and I don't know .. shave the studs to get 1 more inch ( it's the side I need for the cabinets ) or put in two 24" cabinets and 1, 18" cabinet and figure a way to use the extra 5 inches left.


I've helped my dad do sheet rocking when I was a kid . It's probably not as simple as I think it is but I was wondering if I could just tear the sheet rock out, shave the studs and put up more sheet rock, tape, etc. I'm wondering what sort of issues I could face if I was to try and do that?


It would be simpler to try and make use of that 5 inches of space. I guess I could make a pull out spice rack or a wine shelf but I like the idea of having more of a uniformed look.


Thank You


Comments (3)