Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_21808948

Powder Room Help

User
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello,

We are currently doing a powder room in a new house - the tile is a porcelain Calacatta look alike. Walls are paneled and was planning to do wallpaper. What color fixtures work in this room? Most things in our house are silver but we wanted this powder room to be a little “fun” and different”. Here is the room now & here are some console vanities im looking at.

Comments (60)

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago

Beth is faster than me, but here are a few I found. These are more narrow since it doesn't look like you have much space?

24" All Mirror Petite Bathroom Sink Vanity, Ashlie Model # HF006 · More Info

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago

James Martin Wellington 24" Single Console Sink, Chrome Finish Stand · More Info

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago

Renaissance White Console Lavatory and Polished Chrome Stand · More Info

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago

Haus 30" Stainless Steel Console With White Acrylic Sink, Chrome · More Info

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago

26" Corsicana Single Sink Bathroom Vanity, Antique Gray · More Info

• skyecrowley
    5 years ago
    Beth and Flo
    Where are the top vanities in your photo’s from. I am rebuilding a house with a very small powder room and those are what I am looking for.
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 years ago

I posted a large walnut one in my first photo. not sure which one you mean. either describe it or copy and paste the image in comments.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    Skyecrowley. If you click on photo, you will get more info.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    Skye- the top one is from Houzz. If you should decide to order, let me know because i can get you my Trade Discount of another 5% off. Just email me at manganflo@gmail.com.
  • User
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks everyone. I like the more industrial looking ones, it was really between going chrome or between going a bronze shade. Powder room, yes is small, dont have dimensions off hand right now, but sink will be small. The photos were just for an idea of the direction i am leaning towards. @flo - you think chrome matches best over bronze here?
  • User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

im heading to the house today and will take better photos. the floor actually has some gold in it. thanks again for your help

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    That will help. Get some close ups of veining.
  • User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

https://www.msisurfaces.com/porcelain-pietra/calacatta/

this is the tile - will post more photos of room later

• K R
    5 years ago
    Pretty tile. Go crazy in this room! I love the ideas Beth posted.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago

OK, the total net impression to my eye is a gray tone. But you probably could go anyway you want since it is pretty neutral. The layout of this tile will be important because it has a "directional" quality. Lay that out in advance and set in the room, so you can decide which directions you like.

• skyecrowley
    5 years ago

Beth

Hi- This was the one I was interested in. Was it custom made? Thanks so much

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Photos are taken from the doorway. Very odd shaped room, all the rooms in this house were built in odd shapes
  • User
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    @beth i love the 2nd sink you posted, looks just like my RH one
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 years ago

Skye..not sure. if you search Walnut bathroom vanity, you should get some hits.

Leana, I love that one too because you really can't see the plumbing

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    I did a vanity like that in a powder room and it is custom. With your angled wall, it would have to be custom done. Not impossible but might be a budgetary concern.
  • User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

our budget is no more than $1200 for the sink. does anyone know any websites that have sinks similar to the restoration hardware one i posted in the first comment? (3rd photo) looking to see if i can find a cheaper alternative, as those are very expensive

• PRO
    Dimora Interiors
    5 years ago

The Restoration Hardware vanity looks great, although if you want it to be fun or different, You can use copper or black fixture finishings in an open-style slim-leg vanity. Specially black would look great with the veins on your floor tiles. Hope this helps.

User thanked Dimora Interiors
  • User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

https://www.signaturehardware.com/bathroom/bathroom-sinks/console-sinks/34-burleson-porcelain-console-sink-with-brass-stand.html

i found this one which is a lot more reasonable, definitely not as pretty as the restoration hardware one, but that one is almost $2000 !!!

• PRO
    Dimora Interiors
    5 years ago

Have you checked Wayfair? Also Houzz itself has lots of vanities, but i guess you've already checked.

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    No i actually didnt ! Im new to houzz. Ill check now, thanks!
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    What is width where sink will go? Do you have 30”? Hard to find one without knowing how much space you have. Standard sizes are 24-28-30-32” wide.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    Leana. Those I posted were on Houzz.
  • User
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    This is the one i like but dont know if it comes in other colors?
  • User
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    @flo
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 years ago

no. not that one. notice it says Acrylic sink. you want a porcelain/ceramic sink with actual quartz or marble.

the acrylic is a cheap alternative.

Plus, double check about the plumbing. You may have to purchase the trap/pipes separately.

Look at this cool one from Signature Hardware. it's the ceramic. better looking than the one above.

https://www.signaturehardware.com/mason-console-sink-with-brass-stand-with-8-centers-11.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInfHblPae4AIVgrxkCh2gEwmOEAQYBSABEgK0p_D_BwE

PB has this one

https://www.allmodern.com/home/pdp/duravit-vero-bathroom-sink-console-drv1939.html?piid=

https://www.uniquevanities.com/31-inch-single-sink-console-bathroom-vanity-with-choice-of-metal-base-finish-and-white-ceramic-sink.html

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    Leana. Without knowing what size width, this is getting us no where. What is width of space where this has to fit?
  • User
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    @flo woops its 30inches
  • User
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    @beth now the question is.... do you think chrome or bronze or gold would look best with this tile?
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 years ago

I think either would look nice. But the gold would pick up the gold tones in the tile. gold sconces would complete the look

User thanked Beth H. :
  • User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

thank you, appreciate all of your help

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

https://www.allmodern.com/home-improvement/pdp/kingston-brass-carrara-marble-30-single-bathroom-vanity-set-lbnf2335.html?piid=30370043

do you think the carrara countertop on this console sink will clash with the floor? i love this sink a lot!

• Cheryl Hannebauer
    5 years ago

>>>following>>

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 years ago

Leana,,lol. I just saw this Hudson one on Craigslist for 1300. (they would prob take a bit less).

you aren't in LA are you?

He has the 50" for only 1500

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

no , east coast :( may just have to bite the bullet and splurge on that sink!

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    5 years ago

check craigslist and see what's out in your neck of the woods.

I just saw this other one w/quartz top for $400.

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

New dilemma for this powder room and sink - we really fell in love with the restoration hardware sink

https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod16830428&categoryId=cat2170018

Problem is that we have the baseboard on the floor and the paneling, so my husband says the sink won't touch the back of the wall like a sink should. Is this a real problem? What would you guys do ? Is there any way to solve this predicament, or does it really matter if the sink is off the wall a little bit?

• eaw 513
    5 years ago
    Oh, I just read through this thread and have to say that I absolutely ADORE the whole RH setup. Ugh, my hubby says I’m genetically incapable of liking anything but the most expensive selection, I think he may be right. Following this since my mom is looking to replace her nasty builder grade pedestal sink with this type of setup in her powder room too.
  • PRO
    Designer Drains
    5 years ago

Copper would be real fun, but recently I've had an obsession for brass fixtures.

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    New dilemma for this powder room and sink - we really fell in love with the restoration hardware sink
    https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod16830428&categoryId=cat2170018

Problem is that we have the baseboard on the floor and the paneling, so my husband says the sink won't touch the back of the wall like a sink should. Is this a real problem? What would you guys do ? Is there any way to solve this predicament, or does it really matter if the sink is off the wall a little bit?
  • PRO
    Owen Homes LLC
    5 years ago

Champagne bronze would be a fun touch while complementing the bright white color scheme in your tile and wall cladding. Matte black would also go well depending on the vanity.

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Can anyone give me advice on the newest problem as written above? I'm at a stand still! Will this RH sink be okay even if we have baseboard and wall molding - meaning the sink won't be smack right up against the wall.

• Oliviag
    5 years ago
    I think you would be best served by emailing rh for the dimensions... distance of legs from wall, etc. a technical drawing, with dimensions, would be necessary to make those decisions.
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    5 years ago
    It should be snug to wall and a good trim carpenter could customize base molding to accommodate legs of the vanity. It can be done.