0
brittneysgran

OBF MAY SWAP: YUM STRAWBERRIES

brittneysgran

Pick Strawberries Day is a sweet, tasty way to enjoy a late spring day. If your mom or dad ever took you picking fresh strawberries, you have a wonderful childhood memory. That memory is what will draw you to enjoy today with your own kids or grandkids! If you've never picked fresh strawberries, you've missed out on the fun. Many of those tasty berries never make it out of the field...... they go straight to your mouth.

This months swap will be all about strawberries: We will send our partners something with strawberries on it. Please only send 1 item and a cute card. We need to keep postage costs down and I know everyone is super busy this time of year. Please sign up by May 9th and send by May 20th. Post a picture showing what your swap partner sent and to show how much you liked the gift.

*Our Blooming Friends Swap Group [0BF] was created to have a reliable, fair and safe haven to swap and trade between group members. If you care to join us, we would love to have you.

*Please be a successful member of GardenWeb/HOUZZ and have completed a trade with two or three of our members. Membership requests should be sent to Shirley [Brittneysgran]

1. Have fun! No bickering!

2. Send your swap by posted deadline.

3. Always include a Delivery Confirmation/Tracking number and

post it on the swap thread when you send the package if needed

4. Please send things that you yourself would enjoy receiving.

5. PLEASE POST after you have received your swap and POST what you have received (Pictures are always nice)

6. You will be required to replace a swap package that does not make

it to your partner, for any reason. Also you'll be required to replace any item that arrives broken/damaged.

7. New members, for the first two swaps, you will be required to send your swaps first.

• pinkiris

sounds great Shirley! would love to join in

• brittneysgran

Thanks Jayeanne, Welcome to our May swap.

• skyblue52

Yum strawberries such a cheerful thought. I am in

• smitties

Put me down on the list Shirley. You aren't kidding about postage.

• sandlapper_rose

I'm going to skip this month, Shirley. I had to come off a medication I had been on for several weeks. Unfortunately coming off of it has made me feel a lot worse. I have doctors' appointments Monday and Tuesday so maybe they will come up with something that will help.

Love strawberries! There are a few tiny ones in my garden. I think we didn't get enough rain for them this year. Dry ... dry ...dry and then finally yesterday we got some rain. Over the winter, we got plenty of rain, but in the spring when the plants need it and to wash away pollen, no such luck.

• brittneysgran

Jeanne sorry you are having health problems, praying the Dr. will find the right medication for you. We did get some good rain this week-end and sure needed it.

Swappers for May:

Jayeanne

Susan

Sitting Out:

Jeanne

Jayeanne since you were the first to sign up I would like to send you a Bearded Iris gift:

Thornbird

• mcc371

I’ll join! Love strawberries!!

• pinkiris

thank you Shirley, very much appreciated =)

one of my favorite iris still blooming ...

• canyonwind

Shirley...count me in!!

I am not a lover of consuming anything strawberry but they certainly are beautiful and I do love the smell of them. I bought several baskets a few days ago at one of the strawberry stands as I was having some people over......big and plump!! I did eat one and it was very nice....The strawberry stands are a reminder that Spring is here and that Summer is just around the corner. The only time I will buy fresh strawberries is in the Spring at a strawberry stand.....very fresh!! I will not buy them at a grocery store.....they tend to be soggy and mushy. I suppose I am a strawberry snob....funny for someone who is not into eating them...LOL! I have wanted to grow them.....aaahhh one of these days I will!!

Happy Evening!

Annie

• brittneysgran

Swappers for May:

Jayeanne

Susan

Tammy

Annie

Shirley

Sitting Out:

Jeanne

Annie - I think the only fruit I do not like is pineapples and pears. I can eat them cooked in a dessert but that's it. I really like picking strawberries but tend to eat more than goes in the basket.

• amybabyboy3
    To all my garden friends, please excuse my absence. My Dad passed away May 1st. I need to take a little break. Take care, Amy
  • brittneysgran

Amy so sorry to hear about your Dad. You take the time you need and we miss you.

OK a little behind here, just finished our Garden Club plant sale this morning in the pouring rain. I'm sure the plants did not mind the rain but I was soaked by the time it was over. Not many buyers because they don't like to get out in the rain.

Partners for the Strawberry swap:

Jayeanne - Susan

Susan - Annie

Margo - Jayeanne

Tammy - Shirley

Annie - Tammy

Shirley - Margo

Game Time: Tell me what two plants I had to dig up for ladies this morning at our plant sale. They always want something we haven't potted????

• skyblue52

Irises and daylilies

• skyblue52

3 days ago took in an orphan cat. After a clean bill of health on friday. We begin the meeting.

• smitties

I have what I need for my swap and now I have my partner. Will get it in the mail tomorrow.

Shirley, I'm guessing lily and hosts?

• canyonwind

I will guess rose and daylily.

Happy Mother's Day to all.....Enjoy!!

Annie

• brittneysgran

Susan you have one of them correct. Good luck with your new cat.

• smitties

iris and coral bells?

• canyonwind

iris and clematis....

• brittneysgran

No winners yet and irises is one of the plants: Keep guessing.

Clue:

- - - - a - - - -

• pinkiris

Iris and hydrangea

Susan your package was mailed.

• brittneysgran

Jayeanne guess again

Margo- mailing your pkg today

• skyblue52

cromosicia and daylilies

• pinkiris

Iris and canna lily

• skyblue52

can I guess again?

• brittneysgran

No one has guessed it yet!

Susan yes you may guess again.

We have one of the two plants guessed which is irises but looking for the other correct

guess. I gave a clue above.

Margo you should receive your swap pkg. Wednesday.

• canyonwind

Iris and Ageratums

• skyblue52

iris and callalily +++ wondering if Jayeanne meant this

• smitties

My package went out today.

I'm stumped on the second plant.

• brittneysgran

Clue:

- - - - a - - - a

• pinkiris

iris and campanula

a few blooms here today ...

• brittneysgran

We have a WIINER:::::Jayeanne

Wow beautiful asiatic lilies and daylilies Jayeanne, mine are not blooming yet.

Is this iris ok for your prize or do you have it?

Louisiana Iris Crushed Ice

• pinkiris

thank you, Shirley ... wow that is gorgeous! No I do not have that Louisiana Iris, thank you, would love to give that a home, very much appreciated.

• canyonwind

Tammy, I just popped a card in the mail to you....and ordered a little strawberry something for you, that will be delivered DIRECT to you. I will post after I get an email that it has been sent to you, with an approximate date of delivery.

Jayeanne, congratulations!!

Happy Tuesday!!

Annie

• sandlapper_rose

Two beautiful cats, Susan. I hope they get along.

Stumped by the "dig up" question so I'll wait to see what the answer is.

Jeanne

• smitties

Received my strawberry package today. Shirley, you did a great job on your strawberry find including the card. I couldn't find much of any kind of strawberry item.

Here is what shirley sent. A wood cheese board with spreader and napkins. Thanks so much shirley.

• pinkiris

thank you Margo for the cute butterfly card, strawberry gummies, and strawberry chapstick, along with the strawberry seeds and basil seeds. Do you know what kind of basil these are? Was just looking to find some basil to start soon so Ill have some to add to my spaghetti sauce I make from all our tomatoes that are rapidly growing out of control. Enjoy your day, Im transplanting pepper seedlings.

• smitties

The package said basil but I'm assuming sweet. I am assuming sweet

• pinkiris

thanks Margo... Ill go ahead and plant and we shall see, lol .... love that strawberry chapstick!

• canyonwind

Tammy, tracking says your little strawberry item will deliver from KOHLS on Monday or Tuesday...….bought this for myself too...haha!

Happy Thursday Evening!!

Annie

• pinkiris

Susan ... hope all is OK ... looks like your package was delivered yesterday. happy gardening ... our temps are soon gonna be 97 ....

status

Delivered

May 15, 2019 at 5:34 pm

Delivered, Front Door/Porch

• skyblue52

Hello Girls. This week was filled with extras. Jayanne I got your package last night. But waited to open today. I got the most special hand made card with strawberry themed seeds. A strawberry candle melt for a fresh smell and a bag of Chocolate covered strawberries. Love my wonderful strawberry package .

• brittneysgran

Yum strawberry goodies arriving all over...….

My Louisiana Irises are blooming

• skyblue52

Hello a few irises and peonies starting. The poppies are hanging on.

• brittneysgran

Beautiful Susan

Jayeanne - Susan Sent/Received

Susan - Annie

Margo - Jayeanne Sent/Received

Tammy - Shirley

Annie - Tammy Sent

Shirley - Margo Sent/Received

Please let your swap partner know when you mailed and also that you received your pkg.

So far behind here, this time of year it always happens and then I got sick. Coughed night and day so don't know if I had bronchitis or not.

• canyonwind

Got mail from Susan.....

Having a problem posting here......hopefully this time it works.

*I received a very Happy Strawberry card...….

*A strawberry colored pen and it writes in strawberry too

*strawberry balm for my old dried out lips

*fruit mentos including strawberry

*a recipe for Beet and Strawberry Salad

*a daylily....and guess what it is....."Strawberrberry Candy"

Susan, you were far to generous. You were to only send one strawberry something. I love it all....I have my daylily soaking and will plant tomorrow, rain or no rain. Absoloutley wonderful!! Thank you so much!!

Happy Evening!

Annie

• skyblue52

Hello girls Annie glad you got all the strawberry gifts. This month is flying by again. Thank you for a cute swap Shirley

• mcc371

I received Annie’s cute hello strawberry card and then she sent me a Burt’s bees strawberry lip balm. Love it! thanks!!

Also thanks Susan for the midnight pleasures Dutch iris I won in last months swap. Can’t wait to see it bloom!

i am so behind this week has been absolutely crazy! I broke my foot and fractured 2 ribs. I fell down some stairs at my sons home last week. I am slowly hobbling around. Shirley I have your pkg ready and hubby will mail tomorrow. So guess I’ll be over on the couch for awhile if someone needs something.

Have a a beautiful day, and a blessed tomorrow.

Tammy