Software
Houzz Logo Print
shoebaroff

Phoenix remodel part two:FURNITURE!

7 years ago

Hi
Thx for all the help with the paint and flooring. Now it’s time for furniture and rugs etc. we just had this all delivered and I am not sure what the next step is

Comments (48)

  • 7 years ago

    Next step (at least in my mind) is a large oriental-style rug.

    Like one of these.

    https://www.rugs-direct.com/Store/nav/Category-Area-Rugs-Collection-Karastan-Spice-Market

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    Can you exchage that loveseat for a sofa ?That chair needs to be in the loop I would start with the rug find one you love ideally with some texture and color and large enough to fit at tleast the front legs of the sofas on it.The post again


  • 7 years ago

    I hope you have some sort of UV protective film on all those windows. Otherwise your furnishings will fade.

  • 7 years ago

    The room is oddly shaped due to the post in back of the loveseat. This is the only configuration that fits / works. We tried putting the love seat between the pillar and the window wall but then the loveseat looks into the side of the sofaYes there are shades for the room.

  • 7 years ago

    You have beautiful floor to ceiling windows. By putting your couch against the windows, you not only block the view, you also have your back to the view when sitting. I would put the couch where the chair is so you are looking at the view. And put the chair in the corner where the couch was. That way you can still walk up to the window for the view.

  • 7 years ago

    I would exchange the loveseat for a coffee table and second chair. I don't care for the view into the apartments on the other side, so turning your back away is fine. Are you planning for TV here?

  • 7 years ago

    You're in Phoenix? I hope you have UV film on those windows.


    Do you intend to have a TV on that wall? If so, switch the sofa and the loveseat and pull the chair up close enough to it can talk to the opposite corner without shouting.

  • 7 years ago

    Couch on wall & chair on pillar area, u can look out at view.

  • 7 years ago

    PS, in your original posts, you show swatches of material against the flooring. All of which match, but are very very dull. Groveraxle shows a rug that would be perfect for using as a template for colors.

  • 7 years ago

    Fabulous room and furniture.

  • 7 years ago

    Shades down. We don’t have any reading lights yet so I had the shades up for a better picture. We have a number of orientals in storage but I thought I should have gone with a muted pallet. Now I am a bit confused. We are moving the chair later today

  • 7 years ago

    Get the rug Grover showed, it's perfect.

  • 7 years ago

    The rug I showed is one of those from sushipup's link, but if you have orientals in storage, pull them out and let's see how they look.

  • 7 years ago

    So here is the difficult part. Our storage is in N.H. and our unit is in AZ. I have to go thru it and decide what can be moved and what to restore or donate. When I finally sold my house I had 30 days to get out of a 5000 sq ft house. Needless to say, I may not remember exactly what is in the storage unit. I donated tons sold off some. I do have pictures from the house with the rugs if that gives anyone ideas

  • 7 years ago

    This one is 9x12 I think it’s too big. Ignore the decor from the old house

  • PRO
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Some inspiration



  • 7 years ago

    This one is too yellow I think. Again ignore the decor

  • 7 years ago

    You really won't know with the rugs till you try them. I wouldn't rule either of those two out. unless they won't fit sizewise.

  • 7 years ago

    I doubt that 9x12 will be too big.

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    I really like the two mockups showing rugs in terra cotta tones. You're in Phoenix so think desert hues. Your current furnishings and backdrop will enable you to do this beautifully. Colors of the sunset and sunrise would be gorgeous here and well suited to the location.

  • PRO
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Ovid Tangerine Rust area rug is from Joss and Main and on sale on Wayfair, Birch lane and All Modern.


  • PRO
    7 years ago

    The 9 x 12 is a classic design and the color palette is perfection. I'd be giddy pulling that one out of storage.

  • 6 years ago

    Finally moved in all our furniture. The tv is being wall mounted and the chest will move back. I have a large low bar wood table being made from an artist from Etsy. Now I’m going to take a quick nap!

  • 6 years ago

    Rug looks great. TV is too high, both ergonomically and aesthetically, and the media cabinet doesn't go with the rest of the room. I'd get a lower sleeker one and mount the TV 5 - 8" above.

    Graydon Shagreen Panel 4-Door Media Console with Drawers · More Info


  • 6 years ago

    Hi all!
    Groveraxle this piece is a family heirloom and must be used. It means the world to my husband. I am thinking of it as a Mediterranean modern eclectic mix Hhahahah! My question now is what to do with all the art and the blank walls

  • 6 years ago

    Also the tv is a flat screen that is mounted flush to the wall and not the unit pictured

  • 6 years ago

    Well, you have an eclectic mix of art so maybe we can hang it in a way that helps to tie the media cabinet into the room. Show me what walls you have for hanging artwork. If you have one big blank wall, maybe we can hang it all salon style there.


    Then I'll need you to lay all the art on the floor, fly over the top of it, and take a photo looking straight down. ;-)

  • 6 years ago

    following

  • 6 years ago

    Hi Just for a sense of scale this picture is 24 x 48. Sorry for the mess

  • 6 years ago

    That chest must be used, but could it possibly be incorporated elsewhere? In a entrance area perhaps? I think it could look cool mixed with some very modern elements and art

  • 6 years ago

    This unit is very small and the wall spaces shown are the only places I have. Lots of windows and doors minimum wall space. It is a conundrum

  • 6 years ago

    OK, Shoe, I spy a very traditional dining room on the other side of the kitchen. Eclectic may be a license to mix styles, but to work, it has to be carefully curated. Houzz has some good articles about eclectic style: https://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/query/eclectic

  • 6 years ago

    I would move the cabinet down the wall to nearby where that trash can is now pictured. Make it do duty in the dining space.


    An alternative is to place the chest at the end of the long entry hall along the wall.


    Select a different piece for the TV arrangement. It needs to be low enough for viewing comfortably and have a high enough back to hide the outlets and cords.


    Your oriental looks great in the space.

  • 6 years ago

    This wall can't be used for anything but art anyway, so don't be afraid to fill it up.


  • 6 years ago

    Maybe time to start collecting. A coffee table made from salvage and a vintage floor lamp from the 50s:


  • 6 years ago

    Groveraxle you have an eagle eye. That furniture is also part of my husbands inheritance however it is going to my daughters home once she closes on a house. We had it moved across the country for her and will use it until she can take it.for now I just pretend I am back in Nh until I enter the rest of the unit

  • 6 years ago

    I guess I have to group them in some cohesive way. Is the general consensus to leave the tv wall blank or add another cluster of pictures? My husband is looking for a small wine fridge bar idea for the area in back of the Eames chair. Too much? I don’t want to feel or have it look like the old people who downsized and did it wrong ( again the dining area is temporary)

  • 6 years ago

    That area behind the Eames chair is awkward. It doesn't quite work as part of the living area, nor as a breakfast nook. Any chance of matching the kitchen cabinets?

  • 6 years ago



  • 6 years ago

    How does this look for the long wall?

  • 6 years ago

    Aim for less definite axes, so you don't have horizontal and vertical lines going all the way across the grouping.


  • 6 years ago

    Wow Groveraxel that is perfect! Thank you so very very much!

  • 6 years ago

    TADA!

  • 6 years ago

    We are getting there with our place. We love our eccentric mix. We just have to play around with our Knick knacks

  • 6 years ago

    Wine fridge and added storage

  • 6 years ago

    This might be helpful...


  • 6 years ago

    Looks great.