Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

OBF - 2019 CHRISTMAS CARD SWAP

brittneysgran
4 years ago

If you sign up, you will be sending a holiday greeting to 2 or 3 of your fellow OBF members. And that's it. Just a greeting card!

Now, if you would like to include a small gift in your card, you can, but make sure that the gift is small enough to fit in the card and mailed with just one regular stamp.

GIFTS ARE NOT REQUIRED. THE CARD IS THE IMPORTANT THING!

Sign ups will be held until Friday, December 6th. I will email you the names of the OBF members you are to send to.

PLEASE KEEP THESE NAMES SECRET - PART OF THE FUN IS THE SURPRISE!

The deadline for mailing your cards is Dec. 23rd

And please remember to write OBF on the back of your envelope, so no one confuses it with the other swaps.

Christmas BINGO will be a game for this month.

Merry Christmas Ladies, Shirley

Comments (140)

• pinkiris
    4 years ago

Susan B ... THANK YOU so much for the card with the beautiful legend of the dream catcher, and a dream catcher ... LOVE IT. Wishing you and yours all the best this holiday season, and many blooms for you in 2020.

• mcc371
    4 years ago

THANK YOU Jeanne!!! I just ran out of gift tags and was procrastinating on going to store for only three! You saved the day!! I also love cardinals so your Christmas card is perfect!

Merry Christmas!!

• mcc371
    4 years ago

THANK YOU Susan!! How did you know I collect dreamcatchers! This is the perfect ornament as I don’t have one for my tree, somehow I never thought of that.

Merry Christma!!

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank You Tammy for my beautiful Christmas card and Snapdragon Night and Day seeds. Can't wait to start my seeds soon.

Bingo words for Sunday:

Bells

Merry

• canyonwind
    4 years ago

Shirley, are you testing we OBFERS.....MERRY was chosen two times (Sat and Sun)...LOL!!

Happy Monday!!

Annie

• mcc371
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Received a cute Grinch card from Margo (smitties) and the cutest wooden snowflakes. Thank you so much. Love all the ornaments I am getting. My tree will be filled with lots of “new” this year for my grand babies to guess if they can tell. Thanks!!

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Annie too funny, I think I am losing it. It would have been a good game to see who caught it though. LOL

Bingo 3 words today (need a replacement for 2 Merry's)

Fruitcake

Parades

Reindeer

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Bingo words so far:

Poinsetta

Icicles

Christmas Tree

Worship

Holy

Noel

Lights

Wreath

Candles

Angels

Frosry

Merry

Bells

Fruitcake

Parades

Reindeer

• pinkiris
    4 years ago

Tammy ... Thank you for the beautiful Happy Holidays puppy Santa card, and also the Night and Day snapdragons seeds you had tucked in there ... I just about ordered those the other day, and decided to wait ... I am glad I waited. LOL! Thank you! Ill be wintersowing these here shortly. Wishing you and yours all the best this holiday season and many blooms in 2020!

• canyonwind
    4 years ago

Got mail.......

Jayeanne sent me a darn cute card.....JINGLE BELL FLOCK....of turkeys with Santa hats...funny....funny....funny!

And inside....seeds California Poppy Candy Kiss.....Cuphea Pink Shimmer.....Ornamental Medusa Pepper.....great selection. I don't think I have ever tried Cuphea and I know I have not tried the ornamental pepper Medusa. Love ornamental peppers and they winter over nicely out here in Southern California.

Jayeanne, thanks so much for your generosity.....wishing you and your family a beautiful Christmas and an outstanding 2020. May your garden grow....grow....grow....happy....happy....happy!

Merry Christmas!!

Annie

• smitties
    4 years ago

Thank you to Annie and Susan for the Christmas cards. Annies has a pretty sparkly wreath on it and a little sparkly surprise inside.

Susans has the cutest snowman watching snowflakes fall. Thankyou Susan, I’ll be on the lookout for my surprise.

It is always so fun to receive holiday cards. Makes a day special.

• Melinda Hagen
    4 years ago

I am going to guess for getting a passport! Now. I want to thank you. Shirley for the sympathy card for my dad passing! I appreciation thoughtfulness! Also likely snowflake card from Susan.N.! And a surprise from Baker's Creek! Rainbow mix Allyson and snow princess calenfula!! Made my day! Sad few weeks and these little things do help! Hope everyone is having a great day! God bless you all!

• sandlapper_rose
    4 years ago

I also received the card Jingle Bell Flock from Jayeanne. Thank you so much. With our local college team being the Gamecocks, chickens draw extra excitement around here! Jayeanne also included some seeds in a lovely gift baggie. So nice to share the holidays with our gardening friends here on Houzz.

• skyblue52
    4 years ago

Finally a moment to Thank my OBF

for the great cards.yes I love the jungle bell flock and some great tomatoes seeds from Jayeanne. Sparkly bag and stars. A Christmas blessing from Melinda. And the grinch came to my house with a snowflake from Margo.

I will enjoy looking at these as Christmas night approachs.

• smitties
    4 years ago

My seeds from Susan N. arrived yesterday. Thank you so much. Happy holidays to you. Margo.

• skyblue52
    4 years ago

Was hoping to have a good hold on Bingo. Still need 7. Got the holiday food shopping done. Kroger out of peppermint extract. ready to order from Amazon. I think I will make my candy cane pieces smaller -pulverized- or mint MM ? Hate have candy stuck in my teeth.

• canyonwind
    4 years ago

I got mail....

Susan Nieves sent a lovely card.....a red rocking chair.....and on it, a plaid throw and a snow covered wreath. And inside, a very nice personal note....Thank you.

Susan, may your Christmas be bright and beautiful. Cheers to you and yours for a most wonderful 2020.....

Merry Christmas....

Annie

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Behind on my BINGO words:

Tuesday:

Elves

Rudolph

Wednesday:

North Pole

Toys

• amybabyboy3
    4 years ago

Annie, Thank you for the Sparkly red wreath card. It is so pretty and displayed in my living room! Merry Christmas! amy

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Annie thank you for the beautiful card. I treasure Christmas cards and always remember the reason for the season.

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    4 years ago

BINGO for Thursday

Eggnog

Bethlehem

• sandlapper_rose
    4 years ago

I received a lovely card with a horse drawn sleigh from Amy. Thanks so much, Amy. I enjoy the card swap so much!

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    4 years ago

BINGO for Friday

Miracle

Snowflakes

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Bingo words so far:

Poinsetta

Icicles

Christmas Tree

Worship

Holy

Noel

Lights

Wreath

Candles

Angels

Frosry

Merry

Bells

Fruitcake

Parades

Reindeer

Eggnog

Bethlehem

Rudolph

Elves

Northpole

Toys

Miracle

Snowflakes

• canyonwind
    4 years ago

Just opening yesterday's mail......

Susan Nieves had sent me a lovely card a few days ago which I did post. She followed it up with a nice delivery from Bakers Creek......Jack Be Little Pumpkin, Agastache Navajo Sunset and Dark Purple Opal Basil. So very generous of you Susan!! THANK YOU!!

Merry, Merry Christmas.......

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    4 years ago

I'm not quite there yet with Bingo, but I'll keep watching.

It sounds like we have at least 2 days of nasty rain ahead of us. Our sunny and warm days have been on the decrease, but I hope they come back. I finally have some time to spend outdoors. I know my horse is feeling neglected and I've been missing her!

• canyonwind
    4 years ago

Amy sent me a lovely card with Merry Christmas wishes......may your Christmas be perfect in every way....in your new home. Enjoy!!

Annie

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Jeanne we are getting some nice days in the 60's after this rain moves out. Looking forward to it.

BINGO FOR SATURDAY:

Winter

Cards

Is anyone close?

• Melinda Hagen
    4 years ago

I received a wonderful card from Amy!! Thank you so much!!

• canyonwind
    4 years ago

BINGO......WINTER did it for me!

Annie

• Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener
    4 years ago

Congratulations Annie!!!

• amybabyboy3
    4 years ago

Congratulations Annie!!!!

Merry Christmas to ALL and Best wishes for the New Year!!

I am working the next few days and not sure if I will be able to post. Take care, Amy

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Annie way to go, December BINGO winner.

I will mail all the winners this month a gift.

Merry Christmas ladies, only 3 more days to Christmas Day.

• amybabyboy3
    4 years ago

Margo, Thank you for the cute Grinch Christmas card and the dainty wooden ornament. I will hang it on my little tree. Merry Christmas to you and your family!! Take care, Amy

• sandlapper_rose
    4 years ago

Happy Birthday, Shirley! Have a wonderful day.

• Melinda Hagen
    4 years ago

Happy Birthday, Shirley! I received a beautiful Peace Christmas card from you! Thanks so very much!

• canyonwind
    4 years ago

Shirley, enjoy your day......HAPPY BIRTHDAY.....have fun!!

And thank you for a wonderful month of good cheer!!

Merry, Merry Christmas to all of my OBF buddies!!

Annie

• amybabyboy3
    4 years ago

Happy Birthday Shirley!!

• Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener
    4 years ago

Happy Birthday Shirley!

Merry Christmas everyone!

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you so much for the Birthday wishes. Another year older, they come quickly as you get older..

Merry Christmas to each and everyone and wishing beautiful gardens for everyone in 2020.

Thanks for joining this month for without you we could not continue our swaps.

• amybabyboy3
    4 years ago

Shirley, Thank you for the Joyful Christmas card! Happy New Year!!

• brittneysgran thanked Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener
  • brittneysgran
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Happy New Year 2020 everyone. Wishing everyone the best year yet.

Jayeanne, Annie and Margo watch the mail something headed your way.

Tammy has posted the January swap hope to see everyone signing up.

• canyonwind
    4 years ago

Happy New Year OBFERS!! May 2020 bring good everything your way!!

Shirley, I am headed out of town on Sunday for several days. If prize fun arrives while I am away, I will post when I get back. Thanks!

Happy Thursday!

Annie

• canyonwind
    4 years ago

Shirley, my prize fun arrived......omg....I love it......cute, cute, cute! I am not going to say what it is. I don't want to spoil the surprise for someone else. Very clever!!!!!! I keep laughing!!!!! Is this a "Shirley" creation?? Thank you so very much!!

Happy New Year!

Annie

brittneysgran thanked canyonwind
  • pinkiris
    4 years ago

Shirley ... THANK YOU for the super cute fun britches prize ... love this. also the flavored lip balms and the beautiful bookmark. Happy New Year.

brittneysgran thanked pinkiris
  • brittneysgran
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Annie and Jayeanne (LOL) glad you liked the britches.

Annie I bought a pair of these in a craft store just so I could make them.

Jayeanne you won two games so thought you might like the lip balms and bookmark.

For the ladies who are wondering what the tag on the britches says:

I am not so poor

Nor do I have riches

But I thought you'd like

This pair of britches

Happy Days to you

And best of wishes

This gift will help

You do your dishes

Just untie the bows

And pull out the stitches

You'll have two dish clothes

But...You've lost your britches

• smitties
    4 years ago

I received my britches today. Shirley what an adorable thing they are. It was very thoughtful of you and thank you so much. Your postcard is very pretty too.

I enjoyed participating in the swap and as always, you did an awesome job. Margo

brittneysgran thanked smitties
  • brittneysgran
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Glad yours finally arrived Margo, thank you for playing during Dec.