Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_cesaro

Are there any opinions on WinDor

Jennifer ...
3 years ago

We are looking at a couple different brands for bifold patio doors. Our supplier suggested La Cantina or WinDor. I can't find much info on WinDor which concerns me. I just wanted to see if anyone here has an opinion of that brand.

Comments (16)

• millworkman
    3 years ago

It appears a friend of mine works for a dealer of WinDor. I will ask his opinion this weekend if I can get ahold of him.

• millworkman
    3 years ago

My buddy who is a millwork dealer does not deal with the WinDor products himself they are handled by another gentleman in his office. The word is they are ok, nothing special.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

WinDor makes excellent products. I opened a 10' high and 4' wide hurricane WinDoor slider with one finger. Impressive.

My buddy on the other coast of Florida has been in the window and door business for 30 years and loves them.

• jenwinston73
    3 years ago

Joseph Colette LLC - Will the vinyl hold up well to direct sunlight?

• YC C
    3 years ago

Jennifer - wondering what you went with as we are looking at these 2 as well

• jenwinston73
    3 years ago

We just ordered Windor. We are getting the jet black vinyl with the special coating.

• YC C
    3 years ago

thank you Jen - was there a particular reason that you went with Windor vs La Cantina? what is the special coating?

• jenwinston73
    3 years ago

I kept hearing that vinyl is more energy efficient. It was a few thousand dollars less than the La Cantina Thermal Aluminum. As far as comparing vinyl to vinyl, La Cantina did not have black. The special black coating on Windor is called WinShield. Here’s some info on it, if you like black. It’s the only color it comes in.
    https://www.windorsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/WinShield-3750-Black-Foil-Doors-Brochure-20200120.pdf

• YC C
    3 years ago

Jen - did you get yours installed? if so, would love to know how you like it!

• jenwinston73
    3 years ago

Not yet. We rushed to place the order because we had heard the price may go up. It will be several months probably before install because we haven’t started building the room yet.

• fridge2020
    3 years ago

windor is okay. I don't think that I'd judge the excellence of a door based on how easy it is to open. I've operated plenty of ultra leaky units that are very easy to open with one finger

• Sugandha Arora
    2 years ago

Hi @jenwinston how has your experience with windor bi fold been so far?

• Michael
    last year

Hi All- Any updates on Windor systems?

We're considering a 20'x8' Windor Multi-Slide door for our new home. We're having difficulty if we should pay more for the all-aluminum Nanawall or Origin. We'll have a 16' covered patio so there shouldn't be too much water exposure though we would still going with the weather-resistant sill.

Does anyone have any updates on the bifold or multi-slide systems from Windor? We would love to save the money but not if its going to come with headaches. Thanks!

• David Hughes
    last month

@jenwinston73 how are the Windor holding up? We are considering ordering Windor for our new build. Milgard charges about 50% extra for black exterior but offer lifetime warranty vs Windor’s 10 years. My issue is that no one seems to have heard about Windor of all the architects and contractors I’ve spoken to…

• jenwinston73
    last month

So far, we really like it! We had an issue when it was first installed. Apparently the swinging door panel was not exactly straight. It was a manufacturing issue. It wasn’t something that you could see, but it wasn’t closing properly. When we measured it, there was a slight variance. Windor was able to replace that one panel and that fixed the issue. It feels like a very good quality door and slides open easily. We use the swinging door several times a day. We did end up getting 3 panels instead of 4, so there is more glass. I love the black frame.