tokyolotus

FOTESS - JANUARY 'Our feathered friends'

pinkiris

FOTESS JANUARY: OUR FEATHERED FRIENDS

You must be a member of this group FOTESS (Friends of the Earth Simple Swaps) in order to participate. If you are interested in joining, you will need to contact/message Jeanne (sandlapper_rose) about the requirements. We are all about keeping things simple.

Who loves BIRDS! I know many of you, including myself, love BIRDSbirdwatching, feeding and filling birdfeeders and watching them eat, growing flowers/plants that attract different birds, photographing birds, listening to birds, reading about birds, just watching the birdsor maybe even have a BIRD as a pet! (we would love to know!) **Bonus** your pet BIRD photos!

When You sign up PLEASE CHOOSE A BIRD that you enjoy for whatever reason, and why. DO NOT choose the same BIRD as someone else.

We will be sending a BIRD card (this can be handmade or store bought) to the person you are matched with.

Included in your BIRD card, 3 packs of seeds relating to your person(s) BIRD that they chose at sign up. For example … If someone chooses the Swan as their BIRD, then maybe one might choose to send seeds for ‘white bird of paradise’ or ‘white swan coneflowers’ … or if someone chooses the Cardinal, then one might choose to send ‘RED petunias’, or maybe ‘cardinal flower’ seeds. BIRDS enjoy pecking away at many seeds so the creativity there is limitless.

Lastly we will also include a FUN BIRD item ... this can be anything so long as it is representing a BIRD.

Signups end JAN. 7 and mailed no later than JAN. 21.

1) A BIRD card – (handmade or store bought)

2) Three (3) packs of seeds relating to your person(s) BIRD at signups

3) Lastly we will also be including one ‘FUN item’ also representing BIRDS. This could be anything … as long as there is a BIRD(s) represented.

All items mailed MUST HAVE a tracking number.

You will need to post here when you mail out and post again once you have received.

Games this month will be:

FIND A BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT get your cameras ready!

BIRD SPY BINGO

BIRD FACTS

**BONUS** Pet BIRD photos!

• sandlapper_rose

Congratulations, Annie! I must have missed some postings along the way, Jayeanne. I still had 8 on my list that I had not marked as called. I thought I was just being very unlucky. However Jayeanne, I think you've probably surpassed any previous record for the number of posts in a month and it has been lots of fun.

Anyway, the birds found my bird feeders today. Too late to help for the scavenger hunt, but I have quite an assortment out there: robins, cardinals, chickadees, bluejays, and cedar waxwings that I've noticed so far. The robins and cardinals are trying to claim the area, but those little chickadees hop right up to the feeder. Once the birdseed is gone, I'll be taking everything down. I've already had some birds fly into the windows and my dog is not happy with all the bird songs close to the house and the thumps as the birds hit the windows.

I can see how it might be fun to watch them, but I'm not going beyond this one bag of birdseed. Maybe I'll continue with my birdbath or hang a feeder for hummingbirds later on. I worked in the yard all afternoon yesterday because it was so pretty out, but I'm not doing anything that tiring today. Not to mention it was pouring this morning. I need a day to rest a bit.

pinkiris thanked sandlapper_rose
  • bluee19

congrats Annie!! I had about five or six words left for my bingo card. May be I missed some words hahah.

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

Need Landscaping Help

A couple of quick questions.... Do you plan on living in the house? How many square feet is it? Would extra outdoor entertainment areas be of interest? How large is the back yard? Any possibility you'd consider creating an enclosed or partly enclosed courtyard in the front left yard? If so, what type of living space do you have immediately behind the front left wall. Easy to see where I'm going with this. The pistache is a wonderful tree, and could be enclosed or at least "visually enclosed" with hardscape or low fencing, pavers, etc.. not sure if you're still looking for input..... cheers!

Where do I find quality bedding.

This sheet thread fitted me perfectly but it's going flat. Everyone is too busy talking about Valance and Naples, Florida. Think I'll go and cook a big Spread. Doona you be sleeping on the job, man. You will wake up with Bedhead. It might be getting cold there, but its not 20 pillow 0 yet. Feed the world. Duvet know its Christmas time at all.

Please help me pull this living room together

-- Ya - You need more color over on the stair wall. Solid gold pillow over there will do it. A little blue between the rug and draperies would be nice too. Pull the colors around the room.

The Gathering Place: Chapter 3(!)...

Doing well. I had the hip surgery two weeks ago, and I'm puttering around on my walker/crutches and trying to get back into the swing of things. Been staying in my little corner of houzz for the most part. Mostly due to the vicodin haze I'm still shaking loose from. How are you? :)
  • Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener

Congratulations Annie on BINGO!

Jeanne, take some time for resting, don't overdo it. I always do that too...I get busy on a nice day and then I end up hurting for days.

I wanted to take a moment to post a couple of nice pics that I took at the aviary that weren't part of the scavenger hunt, but they are still nice and I wanted to share with everyone. We were supposed to get a storm but we only got some freezing rain, the snow fell north of us and the majority of rain south of us...good to be lucky.. The sun is peeking out of the clouds...nice day for January.

Sorry a little blurry...these colorful ones are lorikeets. The condor was mean and tried to bite us through the glass. The penguin is my absolute favorite! He was such a ham!

• Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener

The bird collage at the entrance was so gorgeous I just had to share with you!

Hope you are all having a great week...back to work for me for a couple of hours...

pinkiris thanked Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener
  • jdmom78

with the sunshine out today there are a lot of birds chirping out front. Agree with you Jeanne, its such a dilemma, i have my bird bath out but then my cat loves to chase after the birds but they get angry and peck at him all day long. they actually make a group to watch him and squawk all day long. it is beautiful to watch them go through their life cycle and choose our home to nest but its traumatic for both the birds and the cats. i didn't take any pictures but my cat, Bolt, has brought in 2 birds already... we just bury them in the backyard.

pinkiris thanked jdmom78
  • Ladyreneer

Congratulations, Annie! Well done! I still had 5 birds left.

*I played the bonus round below. I added it with a picture, I believe.

pinkiris thanked Ladyreneer
  • pinkiris

Miss Bluebird ... THANK YOU for the update. I have corrected that.

**IF there are ANY others ... please lmk ASAP ...

• pinkiris

Miss Lovebird ... your right, that photo collage IS gorgeous! I bet is even better in person seeing it. love the penguin too ... the lorikeets are stunning with those colors! thanks for sharing the photos!

Miss Cardinal ... I too will take down my feeders here in about another week or two, they will just stop feeding/eating from the feeders once it warms up ... they find enough here that the food I feed them Im sure is just a 'treat/snack'

Miss Owl ... your BOLT sounds like one of my cats, LOL! I think those birds just wait till he comes out so they can harass him! LOL

RE: BINGO ... I have only (2) words (BIRDS) left from the entire list being called out ... maybe some of you had missed the 'BONUS BINGO' posts ??

• amybabyboy3

Congratulations Annie!

Fact #26 Pink Spoonbill Their diet is made up of small fish, crustaceans (especially shrimp and crayfish), insects, molluscs (such as slugs and snails), and other small aquatic animals. Any plant material they eat is probably accidental.

pinkiris thanked amybabyboy3
  • bluee19

Parakeet - 31

The cere, located right above a parakeet’s beak, reveals their gender. A fully mature male parakeet has a blue cere, while a female’s is brown.

pinkiris thanked bluee19
  • Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener

Lovebird Fact - January 27th

Love birds can talk.

Since they’re technically parrots, this shouldn’t come as a surprise. However, it’s very rare for love birds to develop this ability. Even then, they usually have to be trained to do so from a very young age to be able to “talk.”

• canyonwind

Woodpecker Fact Of The Day, # 31, Jan. 27, 2021

The woodpecker uses its tail as a third leg, digging in the tree bark with the spikes. When the bird is striking the tree, whether to find food or to carve a home, it holds on to the bark with its claws and its tail, acting like a tripod that adds stability to the operation. Their tails contain feathers of a different quality than the rest of their bodies, allowing them to remain on a tree as much as needed and help them with their tree-climbing possibilities.

After 31 "Woodpecker" facts of the day, I am still fascinated by this bird. I am fascinated by all of these birds.

My fascination and truly new appreciation for birds sent me shopping for purses with birds. I bought the following.....

A Kate Spade wristlet with a parrot....to darn cute.

https://thesalesconnection.store/products/kate-spade-new-york-beaded-flock-party-small-wristlet-pwru7293?_pos=1&_sid=29fd99bed&_ss=r

A Tory Burch crossbody with a dove/lovebird

https://thesalesconnection.store/products/tory-burch-crossbody-bag-suede-leather-peace-love?_pos=1&_sid=335a55a9c&_ss=r

*******************

Happy Day Birdies.....Enjoy!!

Miss Woodpecker....peck....peck...peck

pinkiris thanked canyonwind
  • pinkiris

GAME WINNERS

ALL GAMES ARE COMPLETE

BONUS NEW YEARS DAY DINNER GAME TIME >>>> WINNER <<<<GAME ENDED JAN 1

LOVEBIRD ... Susan

**************************************************************************************

BONUS ROUND>>>YOUR BIRD AVATAR<<<WINNERS>>>GAME ENDED JAN 8

OWL ... Urooj

PARAKEET ... Nicole

WOODPECKER ... Annie

PINK SPOONBILL ...Amy

LOVEBIRD ... Susan

CARDINAL ...Jeanne

BLUEBIRD ... Renee

BONUS ROUND>>>DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS<<<WINNERS >>>>GAME ENDED JAN 8

CARDINAL ... Jeanne

PINK SPOONBILL ... Amy

PARAKEET ... Nicole

CEDAR WAXWING ...Shirley

OWL ...Urooj

WOODPECKER ... Annie

BLUEBIRD ... Renee

****************************************************************************************

POSTING/MENTIONED YOUR STATE BIRD

Miss Cardinal ... Jeanne

BONUS PET BIRD/NAMES PHOTOS

***NO PHOTOS/NAMES WERE SUBMITTED TO VOTE ON = NO WINNER***

***FIND A BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT*** WINNER >>> GAME ENDED JAN 20

Miss Parakeet ... Nicole

*** I am also including a small item to the following birds for COMPLETING the scavenger hunt***

Miss Woodpecker ... Annie

Miss Lovebird ... Susan

Miss Bluebird ... Renee

*** AND*** ... wait for it! .... >>>>

*** I am also including a smaller item to the following birds for 'pecking away' at the scavenger hunt! ***

Miss Cedar Waxwing ... Shirley

Miss Cardinal ... Jeanne

Thank you to ALL BIRDS that participated!

********************************************************************************************

BIRD SPY BINGO *** WINNER ***

Miss Woodpecker ...Annie

BIRD FACT OF THE DAY ***WINNERS***

Miss Parakeet ... Nicole

Miss Woodpecker ... Annie

*********************************************************************************************

***GAME WINNERS*** ... I WILL UPDATE AGAIN WHEN ALL LITTLE PRIZES HAVE BEEN MAILED OUT.

PLEASE POST WHEN YOU RECEIVE YOUR PRIZES.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL BIRDS!

• Ladyreneer

One last bluebird fact just because...

– Twin Baby Bluebirds are born 7-1-2013

Sharing a rare event with you. Twin Baby Blues were born on July 1 , 2013. Gerald Clark listed in this email shared photos of 4 eggs in a nest, one egg much larger than the others. He ended up with 5 baby Blues. Gerald Clark lives in State College , Pa. He has granted me permission to share this wonder. If you post to your website please give him the credits to his photos.

Sincerely,
    Harry Schmeider
    President of The Bluebird Society of Pennsylvania
    Butler County BSP Coordinator

pinkiris thanked Ladyreneer
  • Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener

What a fun month it was Miss Flamingo! I loved learning all about the birds this month. Thank you so much for hosting, and keeping track of tallying up all those numbers for the games!

• amybabyboy3

Jayeanne, Thank you for a great month! It was a super fun theme!! Take care, Amy

pinkiris thanked amybabyboy3
  • pinkiris

Flamingo

sometimes have to get their fresh water from boiling geysers. These birds can actually drink water that is a very high temperature, even approaching the boiling point!

• bluee19

thanks Pinkiris for a birdfun filled month.

Parakeet Jokes:

Young girl in a pet store: I'd like to buy some parakeet seed, please.
    Store clerk: How many parakeets do you have?
    Young girl: None, I want to grow some!

Happy Thursday Everyone!!

pinkiris thanked bluee19
  • pinkiris

IT APPEARS THAT WE ARE JUST WAITING FOR MISS CARDINAL TO RECEIVE HER BIRD *ITEM.

THANK YOU LADIES!

• canyonwind

Woodpecker Fact Of The Day, # 32, Jan. 28, 2021

Woodpeckers have fuzzy noses. Their nostrils are covered in feathers to keep splinters and dust out while they peck.

*********************************

Miss Flamingo, thank you so much for a wonderful month....so much fun. And I have learned so much. Now, I will probably forget most of it but that is the way the old brain works. Fantastic games!! The scavenger hunt was a kick!! And thanks to all of my feathered friends for the fun play and great information. I am seriously thinking about getting a bird....maybe a Lovebird.

*********************************

And Miss Flamingo, I am seriously looking forward to February FOTESS.....whatever, whatever, do you have in store for us??

Happy Day to all......

MIss Woodpecker....peck...peck....peck

pinkiris thanked canyonwind
  • Ladyreneer

Jayeanne,

Thanks so very much for all the work that you put into this month. It is very much appreciated and it sounds like everyone has had a blast. I love Scavenger Hunts and posting a fact per day helped us all learn about birds in a fun way. Thanks!

Garden Hugs,

🌿 Renée 🌿

pinkiris thanked Ladyreneer
  • amybabyboy3

Annie,

Your purses are birdie fun, fun, fun!!! Super cute!! If you get a lovebird you will have to post a picture! I already have your seeds planted and am getting some sprouts so I am off to water and check on my ducks and chicks. Take care, Amy

• sandlapper_rose

I think I posted that the birds finally found my bird feeders earlier this week. It got into the 70s yesterday so I was thinking they might lose interest. Now I see it's going into the mid-20s tonight. What a drop! I think they will be at the feeder tomorrow.

• Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener

Oh my that is a big temperature drop Jeanne. I think you're right they will probably be hungry tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a good Thursday. This week has flown by for me.

• brittneysgran

Jeanne our weather did the same, beautiful high 60's Tuesday and Wednesday and freezing cold today.

• pinkiris

flamingo - What do flamingos mean spiritually?

It symbolizes many important things, and one of them is the importance of expressing emotions freely. Flamingos also symbolize balance, being open towards others and having an open heart. They also symbolize family, caring for your family, relationships, as well as the importance of belonging to a community or a group.

• pinkiris

We are still waiting on Miss Cardinal to receive her BIRD ITEM ... I think I will get our FEB swap together and post either later today or tomorrow since FEB is such a short month.

All little prizes have been mailed out.

• pinkiris

the FOTESS swap for FEBRUARY has been posted a few days early since FEB is our short month.

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/6064747/fotess-febuary-flowers-hearts-and-friends-oh-my

• canyonwind

Good Morning Birdies...

I am posting my last Woodpecker Fact of the Day....but hence....it is a FACT that was revealed in early January. I accidently found this fact last night and I really was not even looking for it. Timing is everything....LOL!

THE FACT......

The American Birding Association (ABA), named the Pileated Woodpecker the 2021 Bird Of The Year. The Pileated Woodpecker is commonly found in the Eastern United States.

The male and female are very similar in look....except the female has a black cheek stripe and the male has a red cheek stripe.

FEMALE Pileated Woodpecker

MALE Pileated Woodpecker

In flight.....large black wings with white half moons.....magnificent.

https://www.dupageforest.org/blog/pileated-woodpecker

Congratulations to the Pileated Woodpecker!!

Happy day....

Miss Woodpecker...peck...peck....peck

pinkiris thanked canyonwind
  • pinkiris

**ALL LITTLE PRIZES HAVE BEEN MAILED OUT TO THE FOLLOWING WINNERS, ALL HAVE TRACKING INFO**

*Miss Woodpecker … X 5 - DELIVERED AND POSTED 2/1

BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR

BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS

BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT COMPLETED LIST

BIRD SPY BINGO

BIRD FACTS OF THE DAY

*Miss Cardinal … X 4 - DELIVERED 2/1

BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR

BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS

POSTING/MENTIONING YOUR STATE BIRD

BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT PARTICIPANT

Miss Parakeet … X 4 - DELIVERED AND POSTED 2/1

BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR

BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS

FIND A BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT **WINNER**

BIRD FACTS OF THE DAY

*Miss Lovebird … X 3 - DELIVERED AND POSTED 2/1

BONUS NEW YEARS DAY DINNER PHOTO

BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR

BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT COMPLETED LIST

Miss Bluebird … X 3 - DELIVERED 2/1

BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR

BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS

FIND A BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT COMPLETED LIST

*Miss Pink Spoonbill … X 2 - DELIVERED AND POSTED 2/1

BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR

BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS

*Miss Cedar Waxwing … X 2 - DELIVERED AND POSTED 2/1

BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS

BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT PARTICIPANT

*Miss Owl … X 2 - DELIVERED 2/1

BONUS ROUND BIRD AVATAR

BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS

• pinkiris

Miss Cardinal ... Im not sure what in the world is going on with your BIRD package ... I just checked trackiing again and it seems to have fallen off the edge of the world ... AGAIN ... There is a good possibility that you will be getting 2 packages if not even maybe 3 packages from me. Just keep them. (2) would be identical. I deeply apologize in the delay, this is the reason it is so important to have a tracking number on our packages.

• brittneysgran

Jayeanne hope they find it. I sent a box of daylilies to someone who had bought them to Atlanta, Ga. and they got lost. The sad thing is I did not buy extra insurance so lost all that money. First time I ever sent anything UPS and it got lost. Hope they find your pkg to Miss Cardinal.

• pinkiris

We are just waiting on Miss Cardinal to post her BIRD item and card/seeds ... and then that looks like we are done with this month.

*all little prizes have been mailed*

• sandlapper_rose

My swap package from Jayeanne arrived! It's wonderful and well worth the wait. Since it's dark here and it came late in the day, I'll take and post a picture tomorrow. Thank you so much, Jayeanne.

• pinkiris

SO glad to hear that Miss Cardinal! thanks for letting me know!

• pinkiris

IT APPEARS THAT ALL CARDS/SEEDS AND BIRD ITEM PACKAGES HAVE BEEN SENT AND RECEIVED. THIS SWAP IS NOW COMPLETE.

THANK YOU LADIES!

**************************************************************************************************

*Cardinal sends to Flamingo ... SENT 1/15 REC'D 1/21 = COMPLETE

*Woodpecker sends to Pink Spoonbill ...SENT 1/17/REC'D 1/19 = COMPLETE

*Parakeet sends to Owl ... SENT 1/19 REC'D 1/26 = COMPLETE

*Lovebird sends to Bluebird ...SENT 1/17-1/19 REC'D 1/25 = COMPLETE

*Cedar Wax Wing sends to Woodpecker ... SENT 1/15 REC'D 1/20 = COMPLETE

*Pink Spoonbill sends to Cedar Waxwing ... SENT 1/19 REC'D 1/21 = COMPLETE

*Owl sends to Parakeet... SENT 1/19 REC'D 1/22 = COMPLETE

*Bluebird sends to Lovebird ... SENT 1/18 REC'D 1/23 = COMPLETE

*Flamingo sends to Cardinal ... SENT 1/19 REC'D 1/31 = COMPLETE

***GAME WINNERS*** ... ALL LITTLE PRIZES HAVE BEEN MAILED OUT. PLEASE POST HERE WHEN YOU RECEIVE THEM, THANK YOU!

• jdmom78

thanks for hosting Jayeanne. Had a great time this month. you kept us on our toes! Just noticed you are hosting Feb and went... uh oh :)

pinkiris thanked jdmom78
  • sandlapper_rose

Still a very gray and rainy day here so this is about the best I could do for a picture. When it comes to taking pictures, sunlight is my friend!

Here's the beautiful group of birds that Jayeanne sent me. The statue says Welcome. So pretty and absolutely the best reminder of this swap. You'll see the lovely card she sent - even a cardinal sticker on the envelope, FLAMINGO mailing envelope and a little gift bag (in red) with Cardinal Basil, Crimson Feathers Poppy, and Cardinal Climber seeds. What a perfect swap. Thank you so much, Jayeanne, for the swap items and for being such a great (and active) hostess for January. I appreciate it so much.

pinkiris thanked sandlapper_rose
  • canyonwind

Miss Cardinal, very nice swap from Miss Flamingo.....Flamingo mailing envelope is to darn funny!!

And on to February.................

pinkiris thanked canyonwind
  • amybabyboy3

Jayeanne, Thank you for the cute bird card, sparkling bird stickers and very awesome sunflower seeds!

pinkiris thanked amybabyboy3
  • brittneysgran

Jayeanne thank you so much for the wonderful prizes you sent, Everyone was a winner in this fun swap.

pinkiris thanked brittneysgran
  • Susan Nieves - Happy Ohio Gardener

Jayeanne (Miss Flamingo) thank you for the great prize package you sent, I love it all and can't wait until spring. We all had a great time learning about the birds and this really brightened up my January. I especially loved the flamingo envelope!!!

• canyonwind

Edited...

Miss Flamingo, I received the wonderful prizes....the card, the bird stickers, the garden flag, the sunflower seeds and wine pen markers, perfectly appropriate for me (LOL)....all in a darling flamingo bubbler. LOVE it all. Great month....Thank You much!!

Miss Woodpecker....peck...peck...peck

pinkiris thanked canyonwind
  • bluee19

OMG Pinkiris!!! There are not enough Thank YOUs for the great prizes you sent to me and to the other members in this group.

The wind chime, its so adorable. The cute bird card with stickers, I so enjoy being able to repurpose cards and most of all, the great variety of sunflowers you shared with me. I do not have these varieties so I am in aweeee!!

Thanks so much for hosting January swap.

pinkiris thanked bluee19
  • pinkiris

**ACCORDING TO TRACKING ALL LITTLE PRIZES HAVE BEEN DELIVERED**

Thank you Amy, Shirley, Susan, Annie, Nicole, Jeanne, Urooj and Renee for letting me know you have received them.

BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR

BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS

BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT COMPLETED LIST

BIRD SPY BINGO

BIRD FACTS OF THE DAY

*Miss Cardinal … X 4 - DELIVERED 2/1 AND POSTED

BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR

BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS

POSTING/MENTIONING YOUR STATE BIRD

BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT PARTICIPANT

*Miss Parakeet … X 4 - DELIVERED AND POSTED 2/1

BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR

BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS

FIND A BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT **WINNER**

BIRD FACTS OF THE DAY

BONUS NEW YEARS DAY DINNER PHOTO

BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR

BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT COMPLETED LIST

*Miss Bluebird … X 3 - DELIVERED 2/1 AND POSTED 2/4

BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR

BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS

BONUS ROUND YOUR BIRD AVATAR

BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS

BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS

BIRD SCAVENGER HUNT PARTICIPANT

*Miss Owl … X 2 - DELIVERED 2/1 AND POSTED 2/3

BONUS ROUND BIRD AVATAR

BONUS ROUND DO YOU FEED YOUR BIRDS

• sandlapper_rose

My prizes and an additional package showed up from Jayeanne yesterday. I just found them in the mailbox today so sorry about that. I went out around 5:30 p.m. yesterday and our mail is here by then 99% of the time and there was nothing in the mailbox. I found the packages today. Once it's dark I won't walk over there since it's there is no light along the road and people really speed (yes, I have to cross the road get to the mailbox) but yesterday was extra bad because it was rainy and chilly as well.

Jayeanne, thank you so much! Everything is fantastic. The items all related to this fun swap for January and you found so many cardinals to include. What a nice surprise to see those packages in my mailbox!

pinkiris thanked sandlapper_rose
  • pinkiris

Yay! Jeanne! So happy to hear you got that additional package LOL! No need for apologies I figured with the crazy weather you might not check your mail until today and that is OK. Just glad you got them, good to hear =) I dont think I would cross that road either with no light, in the cold and rain.

• jdmom78

jayeanne, i received my package!!! I have idea when it arrived as i don't check the mail every day but it was a nice surprise. it was bird bird bird from top to bottom. very creative and very generous. thank you so much!

pinkiris thanked jdmom78
  • Ladyreneer

I received my package and loved the Flamingo wrapper & sticker. I received a beautiful flag with bluebirds, and a really cute card that I am thrilled to be able to recycle. I received some stickers of birds and 3 packs of Sunflower seeds that I didn't have. Thanks so much! I love everything. 🥰

pinkiris thanked Ladyreneer
  • pinkiris

Thanks for letting me know Miss Bluebird, fantastic photo! ... so happy to hear everyone enjoyed our 'feathered friends' swap. Looks like everyone has rec'd and acknowledged their little prizes, many thanks to all of YOU for making this swap FUN!