Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jimluvweng

End of hallway wall

Rowena
2 years ago

We have this wall at the end of a narrow hallway and i need help decorating it. i bought this arched mirror but feel like something is missing. pls disregard the fairy lights on the celing .

it will go down, children jist wanted them up for fun because its their hallway to their rooms.

Comments (16)

• jck910
    2 years ago

I like it but it needs to be straightened. I also don't think you need anything else. Too much in a small space will look cluttered

• PRO
    Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I am not sure if console table will fit in this space.

Rowena thanked Celery. Visualization, Rendering images
  • kandrewspa
    2 years ago

It doesn't look like a console table will fit. I think the reason it doesn't work is because we expect to see a table under a mirror. I think a shallow shelf with a few decorative objects would make it look better. But if the bedroom door is right there even that might not work. Especially if you have a child running in and out of the room knocking things off the shelf.

A taller mirror would work better, but I'm not sure I like a mirror there at all. I would have gone with art. If it is the end of a bedroom hallway that only family sees, how about a large cork board that you could put the children's artwork on?

Rowena thanked kandrewspa
  • decoenthusiaste
    2 years ago

A mirror doubles the visual length of the hall. Do you want it to look longer? A pretty piece of art that will draw people in that direction would be my choice.Center wall hung items 5' above the floor.

• everdebz
    2 years ago

What about the 5 or so photos together on the end wall?

• modpod
    2 years ago

Let the kids have fun, put up more fairylights, it's their hallway!!!! Switch to a gallery of their (best) artwork at the end or some art instead of the mirror. Make it fun if it's the kids hall.

Rowena thanked modpod
  • HU-187528210
    2 years ago

I love the mirror
    And I LOVE photos. But I think the two are competing.
    I’d probably remove the photos and put them somewhere else.
    Do something else to the hallway - Maybe wainscoting or wallpaper and some lighting.
    Maybe a bench under the mirror wall.

• Rowena
    Original Author
    2 years ago

• Rowena
    Original Author
    2 years ago

This is the wall facing the right side of the mirror, painted by one of my children, that is why i was not optimg for artwork on the wall where the mirror is hung😅.

• modpod
    2 years ago

Talented kiddos! Sweet!

Rowena thanked modpod
  • decoenthusiaste
    2 years ago

So why not frame the kid's art and hang it in a stack instead of the mirror?

• Lisa Dipiro
    2 years ago

I don’t like mirrors like that ( fung shei not good sjould be one piece of glass but depending on where you put it it messes up the energy flowing thru might be while it doesn’t ‘feel’ right
    My kids artwork nicely displayed all over my house. They are my favorite to look at.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    2 years ago

What is your children’s favorite animal? Find great colorful art of that animal. For example, horses.

• PRO
    LiLu Interiors
    2 years ago

Why not try some fun artwork with some color in it. Something fun for the kids could be great.

Posh Playhouse 2.0 · More Info

• PRO
    Poovi Art
    2 years ago

Maybe one of these original artworks would add some texture and contrast to your wall. Here are some ideas to ponder. Good luck and enjoy decor !

To check more unique collections please visit my shop -

http://www.pooviartgallery.com

new abstract art · More Info

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville