Software
Houzz Logo Print
gary_flesche

Transfer Switch for Generator

3 years ago

I want to set-up a transfer switch at my inside service panel for my generator (Honda 3000is). I noticed that the punch out to add a main breaker is on the bottom of the panel (panel is upside down). I'm wondering if I'll be able to have a main breaker installed there with an interlock. Main breaker for the unit is outside in back of unit (trying to avoid having to go outside in a storm to shut the main breaker off).

I would probably have to move the 30 amp breaker directly above where the main would go to make way for the 30 amp breaker to the generator panel. This would all be done by an electrican. Suggestions? Does this make any sense?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz