Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_634270600

Anyone use ultracraft cabinets recently?

HU-634270600
10 months ago

Hi there! I'm working with a design firm on our kitchen and she gave us the design and quote with ultracraft because they're semi custom, have slab choices and fit with our aesthetic. However it looks like there's a large large number of recent unhappy reviews so I'm worried to go with them now. The other option is Urban Effects which also doesn't have great reviews but better than ultracraft. I've been looking myself online at cabinets.com but not happy with the wood grain finish, and at FORM. Anyone have any insight to ultracraft or urban effect cabinet recently?

Comments (7)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    9 months ago

I am always confused by the term semi custom. Waht is custom ? I would advise you to go with an independat KD who designs the kitchens with no limitations as to what the software can do. I do Ikea kitchens a lot but I never use their software r planner there are huge limitations that I just have never used . I do many Ikea kitchens that look very close to custom but it takes time to do those deisgns on paper

• nskeca
    7 months ago

We have, and its been a complete disaster, and literally every cabinet, panel, etc came damaged. Then had to push our designer to get replacements & half of those were damaged too. Cabinets came warped, missing paint, stripes down the paint, dents dents, incorrect sizes. We got white maple and everything stains.

Now we are starting a legal battle to recover what we have lost from the designer for not getting it all corrected.

Hopefully you chose another option!

• latifolia
    7 months ago

If you're seeing poor reviews for different manufacturers of the same type of cabinets, at the same price point, you may need to consider if your budget is adequate for the look you're trying to achieve.

It isn't always possible to get every look at every price point, without sacrificing quality. Some types of cabinets, for example inset, are more expensive to make. Your designer should be able to guide you through the process.

• Anna A
    5 months ago

Did you go with Ultracraft?

We are still in planning process(no quote yet) and our kitchen designer creating cabinet layout using Ultracraft.

I am not happy with the reviews in here and google. Plus when I asked designer what brand of finishes that they use the answer was Ultracraft have they own finish. The website don't give any information about types of their finishes and the costumer service have not replied to my emails.

• Kathlin Smith
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

We, too, are considering Ultracraft but have been extremely concerned about the negative reviews of product from last couple of years. While it's typical to hear from people who aren't happy with a product, I'm struck that there have been almost no recent positive reviews from individuals who have had their kitchen redone. Pleased to see the follow-up from person who made original post... your kitchen looks great! Would love to hear from others who have been happy with their experience after a year or so.

• nskeca
    4 months ago

@Kathlin Smith we are about a year out. Paint is peeling on panels & cracking at joints, and Ultracraft has still not replaced all the panels that were sent with incorrect measurements. We have warped doors and doors that are not functional as they are 1/4 in too long or too short, as well as panels where the edging was cut crooked and do not match the others.

We even attempted to reach out to the owners of Ultracraft and no response. Their rep will send emails saying he is coming put to look at ’warrenty claims’ then will cancel. They are not warrenty claims, but rather damaged products installed that should not have been.

Because we paid through a designer, we have reported them to Department of Consumer Protection and are starting the legal process for a refund. Our designer (Showcase Kitchens in Canton, CT) is in line with Ultracraft’s way of business- take customers $, install defective goods, then move on to next job.

We started our project in 2022, all doors sent had to be replaced, took @ 4 months to wait for all those, then a majority of them came in damaged as well. My husband and I believe the sample door was a very different level of quality then what was actually installed.

So, best of luck making your decision, but we can say it has been an extremely disappointing experience.