Software
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_973433023

keep mirrored wall in first photo?

13 days ago

Question: should we remove mirror on the smaller wall? We are definitely removing the mirror on LARGER wall so would ask them to also do smaller one. I realize none of this isn’t a tiny project.

I think it looks outdated. Husband thinks it “adds to the house”

We may be selling house within the next 6 mos, but whether selling or not I prefer both mirrors gone.

keep mirror on smaller wall
remove mirror on smaller wall

Comments (18)

  • 13 days ago

    If you’re having someone come in to remove one mirror i’d go ahead and have both removed

  • 13 days ago

    Yes, remove both mirrors.

    I do like the idea of a mirror at the end of that small hallway, but I would do a large rectangular framed mirror and not the whole wall.

  • 13 days ago

    Remove the mirrors.

  • PRO
    13 days ago

    No one says you cannot place things on mirrored walls.



    Mirrors can add light, visual expansion and sparkle to an otherwise dark area. When combined with items in front on one them they can be creative. It all depends on what they reflect.







  • 13 days ago

    Didn't you say you may be selling the house in 6 months? Up to you on whatever makes sense in that regard. The above ideas are all very nice though.

  • 13 days ago

    I'd remove them both... you'll be surprised how the space will feel without them, and open up other possibilities.

  • 13 days ago

    Remove the mirrors!

  • 13 days ago

    HAHAH this was my first reaction to reading the OP. They are going to tell her to remove it and then add another mirror!! 🤦🤦🤦🤦🤦If you are selling in 6mos I would do nothing. Don't mess with what isn't going to be yours all that long.

  • 13 days ago

    I would remove them all.

  • 13 days ago
    last modified: 13 days ago

    If you’re selling within 6 months I would do nothing ( some people ,not me, like them ). I had mirrors removed in my previous home, depending upon how they’re affixed , I had to have my walls drywalled again. That larger one is awful.

  • 13 days ago

    There is a big difference between a framed mirror and a wall-to-wall mirror that is reflecting every little thing on the walls/floors/ceilings!

  • PRO
    13 days ago
    last modified: 13 days ago

    Are you prpared for the cost of drywall and painting for 6 months I agree hang some art on the mirrors and sell

  • PRO
    13 days ago
    last modified: 13 days ago

    Mirrors on the walls are not going to make or break a sale. The two steps down into the living room could break a sale.


    Add some grids.




  • 12 days ago

    If you may be selling, leave them. If you’re unsure and hate them, then be prepared for a bit of a mess.

  • 12 days ago

    @judy graham interesting ideas. It’s the step-down a negative because it is a dated look? I personally don’t like it but wondered your experience. it but

  • 12 days ago

    @Amber …. its not so much that it’s a “dated” look, I think the issue is that it’s a “tripping hazard“. A safety issue, it was a deal breaker for us while house hunting several years ago. We passed on a beautiful house because they had several, one stepping down into the master bath , yikes! I know people that have had their’s removed but that is a big $ project.

  • PRO
    12 days ago

    I would keep the mirror at the end of the hall and have a sticker made of a sleeping dog and adhere it near the bottom of the mirror so it looks like there is a dog sleeping in the reflection of the mirror but not in the hallway.