Software
Houzz Logo Print
giocole

Help Master Bedroom!!

11 years ago




Hi

I need to remodel my master bedroom.. It's has few months since I build it and we having trouble to decide every little detail to make it the perfect relaxing place on a budget.. (From wall colors to curtains)

Our 2 years old baby bed its in the room next to ours and we're finally moving it out to complete our project..

We'll appreciate your comments and suggestion..

Thanks

Comments (34)

  • 11 years ago

    Center your bed between those two windows. First, find the bedding that will set the new colorway for your room. I'd find a rug to put under the bottom 1/3 of the bed. TV can hang on the wall where it is but needs a credenza or dresser under it that is 25% wider than the TV. A chandelier would be more calming that the fan, IMO. With the small high windows I'd try fabric roman shades and if you want to you can layer stationary drapery panels over them at each side.


    Columbia Dream Home 2014 · More Info


    Ness Project · More Info


  • 11 years ago

    thanks decoenthusiaste simple ideas that sound exceptional ..

  • 11 years ago
    How about a gray color for the wall??.. I will like a chevron pattern accent wall with a white and grey combination... Which wall on the picture I upload you guys thick I should use
  • 11 years ago

    You have a lot of fans and an a/c wall unit. If it is too hot to remove the ceiling fan, consider a more modern fan.

  • 11 years ago

    I agree center the bed, If you are getting roman shades no draperies are needed, You can hang TV on wall, but better solutions is getting a dresser to set it on. This is beautiful piece. and is 66"

    If you are going to do a chevron pattern, I would do the wall behind the head of bed. Not sure as the windows would break up pattern, but it would be a nice accent against headboard. I'm not sure about you but don't think I would want that pattern staring at me every night. I wouldn't go too dark for the grey and then do a shade lighter grey for rest of the room. I would go with white on white bedding and accent with black/grey and maybe even a red pillow for drama. Instead of the wall, consider drapes in a grey and white pattern and put up grey shades to match wall paint.

    Giovany Cole thanked susan2494
  • 11 years ago

    White bedding has such a relaxing spa like aura.


    Giovany Cole thanked susan2494
  • 11 years ago

    I think the crib is moving to the room next door, happyleg.


  • 11 years ago

    yes the crib its going out the room..

  • 11 years ago

    thanks for the comment susan2494.. second thoughts of the chevron pattern maybe it's better to use this idea


    and for the wall color thinking on this one - it's name mindfull gray



  • 11 years ago

    Just checking in, that floors are grey? and then walls grey?

    I agree that whole wall of chevron with simpler room - on windows more manageable.

  • 11 years ago

    I know, kids go into parent's room.

  • 11 years ago

    yes everdebz the tiles has a litle pinch of gray.. You think to much gray??..

  • 11 years ago

    *grey

  • 11 years ago

    Yes chevron on window treatments much better than a wall. I don't think it's too much grey. It's on the walls and if you have white in curtains and bedding, with the darker wood of furniture, you'll be fine. If you do not have a rug in the room now and don't need one I would pass.

  • 11 years ago

    You might consider doing the cornice across both windows in one piece and then just hanging panels on left and right side of the windows with the sheers in the middle. Same with behind the bed. If you need more privacy just hang blinds, the sheers will hide them.

  • 11 years ago

    susan2494 how about white for the doors??.. or should i paint a darker color.. maybe same has furniture

  • PRO
    11 years ago

    Definitely would recommend new curtains

  • 11 years ago

    White might be best.,. But going from dark to white, make sure you find the best way to cover. I have never painted a door :>)

  • 11 years ago

    :) making my research for the paint project susan2494

  • 11 years ago

    Thanks :>) Be sure to post photos when done.

    Giovany Cole thanked susan2494
  • 11 years ago

    Or more help.

  • 11 years ago

    i'll let you guys see my progress

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    Like chevron cornice... [for me 4 curtains a lot of lively pattern for bedroom]. As said, chevron has white, so that'd break up all the grey on walls...

    Place of rug would be separated quite a bit from windows: a color then? I picture a coral, or sunset color....

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    or leave walls as they are and buy chevron rug? I'm biased cause I'm not big fan of grey or chevron... so.... I can just watch...

    Isla Bella Flatweave Rug, Green / Blue 7'3"x9'3" · More Info

  • 11 years ago
    Giocole...where are you? What is the climate like?
  • 11 years ago

    thanks everdebz a rug is definitely needed.. i personally have a thing for grey bedroom.. :)

  • 11 years ago

    mrsstem i'm in panama (country), we have some serious sunny days here..

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    Glad you said that, cause with so much sun you could stand some hot citrus, etc. colors?! I forgot, think I'm tired, that you have tile. So a patterned rug wouldn't be best. Pattern on wall or bedding.... gee.

    Braided Braided Area Rug, Rectangle, Multi Color, 5'x8' · More Info

  • 11 years ago

    how about a faux fireplace below the tv???.. of course just for decorative purpose ... and a dresser on the left wall (were the crib is) with a decorative mirror

  • 11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago

    came to my email about fp - we have this which has nice flames [can turn heat off and on], an idea but tv on it? this is 33" wide.

    http://www.lowes.com/pd_466668-47166-81837___?productId=50040664&Ns=p_product_price|0&pl=1&Ntt=electric+fireplace+heater

  • 11 years ago

    Here are a couple of consoles with fireplace. I would rethink the rug for bedroom. I have one in mine and will be taking it out. Use small throw rugs beside bed that you can throw in washer. just use pads to keep from slipping on tile floor. They are so much nicer than a rug that goes under the bed

  • 11 years ago
    I like the cornice boards in the pattern and I'd do them almost to the ceiling and about 6" above the window. This will help the air conditioner blend in. So one on each window beside the bed and one long one combining the windows on the side wall will simplify the strong graphic quality of the window frames. A heavier sheer will soften the room considerably. Love the gray wall color you chose too. Good luck!
  • PRO
    11 years ago

    New window treatments can add beauty and style to the room, as well as help to keep light and outside air out so that the bedroom is more comfortable.

    Check out these ideas