wzhksh

wall ovens vs range

Kim

I am trying to decide if I should go with a gas range or cook top and wall ovens. I like the ranges I have seen with a smaller oven on top of a larger one which is good for 75% of the time when I am cooking for just my husband and me. But the lower oven is really low to the ground. Is there a similar wall oven combination out there? I haven’t seen it yet in my research.
Also I am totally confused on what brand is best. Any suggestions?

Anglophilia

Whether one uses a cooktop/wall ovens or a range, really depends on the size of the kitchen. My own kitchen is 11x15 and I am not willing to give up counter/cabinet space for wall ovens. I've see the stove to which you refer and it gets very poor reviews.

I rarely use my oven unless baking a cake or something that is large. I have the smallest size Breville toaster oven and can bake something in it quite easily if it's small. The larger sizes could roast a small chicken! I'd consider getting one of them. It's the best toaster oven I've ever owned (and I bought my first about 50+ years ago), and it actually makes really good toast (something toaster ovens often can't do well).

• live_wire_oak

Ranges cost less in appliance costs , cabinet costs, and infrastructure costs. Separates require expensive cabinetry to house them, and require additional electrical and/or gas runs for each unit. Ranges also give you more counter space. They are the only real choice for small kitchens.

• Kim

Thank you so much for your input. I thought I would not loose too much cabinet space with wall ovens because I could put cabinets or drawers under the cook top.
    I will recheck the reviews on the oven I was looking at. It was a GE, a brand I am not too enthusiastic about.