Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
roc_ave

help with foyer chandelier

Jen Gleason
4 years ago

I am in the process of painting the foyer, living and dining rooms white. While doing so, I really noticed the contrast between the white walls and the iron doors, flooring and stairs. Should I change out the chandelier? Any suggestions on a foyer light?
I thought I already posted this but it never posted. I apologize if it is on here twice.

Comments (9)

• salonva
    4 years ago

I will agree with Dormelies. Your home is stunning. What's not to like???

• IdaClaire
    4 years ago

Maybe you just need more time to get used to the way things look with the new wall color. I see nothing that creates a bad contrast of any sort. It's gorgeous and the chandelier looks to be a wonderful complement to the door. Would love to see more of your pretty home if you'd like to share.

• Jen Gleason
    Original Author
    4 years ago

Thank you, I love the contrast with the iron door but wondered if I need to continue with the contrast with the light fixture. We are just moving in this weekend. I will wait and see once I have my furniture. I’m sure I will have many more questions as we get acclimated.

• Aglitter
    4 years ago

@Jen Gleason Lots of people would consider a chandelier like that a crowning touch to an entryway. I wouldn't do anything to it until you've lived there a while. My guess is you'll come to love it.

• Theresa Janssen
    4 years ago

I love that you are painting the walls white and your chandelier works, but I agree that having more furniture in the house could help determine if you want to change direction a bit on the chandelier. there are so many different styles that could work, depending on the direction you want to take the overall look and feel of the house... heres a few different styles and directions. I might also suggest, depending on the height of your foyer that you could feasibly go a bit bigger on the chandelier, maybe a bit wider and possibly longer

Rutherford Residence · More Info

Mediterranean Manhattan Beach Home · More Info

Paradise Valley Masterpiece · More Info

Bayshore Estates Custom Home · More Info

• PRO
    RL Relocation LLC
    4 years ago

I can see why you might want to change this, personally, that door is the jewel of your entry and I'm not sold the 2 tie together. I also feel like its a bit low, and possibly under scaled. a beautiful semi-flush with ironwork could really impact the space differently.

• PRO
    Shakuff
    4 years ago

Our lighting would be a great addition to your home. We do custom lighting so we will be able to work to feed your needs and wants to fit the height of your space and design you are trying to achieve. Feel free to visit on https://shakuff.com/ or our instagram @shakuff_ :)

• chispa
    4 years ago

Shakuff, if you are going to spam a post pushing your products, then you should probably include some pricing on your website. People shouldn't have to contact you to get an idea of your price point. Saying that every piece is different/custom isn't a good excuse. Pick one or two designs, list the specs and give a price. Plenty of other custom shops do this.